"Let Me In" Trailer

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
I had the opportunity this last week to see a sneak preview of the trailer for the new film Let Me In (scheduled for October 2010). As a fan of both the novel and the original film, I am pleased. Many little bits were clearly recognizable from the book, filmed with different choices. One of the most obvious of these is the decision to make Abby (aka Eli) more overtly feminine. This bothers me not at all, although I'm sure there are those getting ready to shriek HERESY even now.

Most noticeably, the setting is clearly American and there are some slight hints of how this translates. A suburban town outside Stockholm is not a small town in New Mexico. One factor that was so vital in the book--the lack of any church--would be absurd in a small town in the USA. It just would. Hence my belief that the search of the killer in this version involves the police rather than the circle of friendly alcoholics. Elias Koteas is also listed on the IMDB page as "The Policeman."

The director made a point in an interview how the Oscar character (called Owen for this film) is someone who feels only too keenly the darkness in himself, at a time (Reagan's America) when the impulse was always to assume darkness was other, was from outside, part of some evil empire, etc.

Chloe Moretz looked a little bit of awesome, including a really lovely shot of her lying on the floor of her apartment, one hand touching the wall to Owen's room. She looked so lonely, yet touched. But them I'm terribly impressed by her generally.

The young man playing Owen looks more frail and a bit more soulful than his Swedish counterpart. Richard Jenkins as Abby's "helper" looked to be excellent, but then when is he not?

I was told the trailer would likely become available within four to six weeks. Personally, I am hugely jazzed!

ceenindee

Registered
Reaction score
^Glad to hear good things! I loved the original movie and was afraid they would ruin it. Did it say what this one was rated?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks David. Knew you would be on top of this for us :) Can't wait to see it.