Registered
Reaction score

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting....to hear of a woman doing this. We usually only hear about the men that do this.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Interesting....to hear of a woman doing this. We usually only hear about the men that do this.

From what I've read of SOME of the women who do this, they want to identify with the younger age group that their victims hail from, and even want to wish-pretend that she is (magicly once again) of that lad's peer group. They return to their high school days via being invovled with a high school boy. They feel young and carefree again.

For other women it's a sheer power trip. The reasons will differ, but one group of female offenders falls into this category.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Cougars are all the rage. They even have their own show, starring one of America's "Friends." Why are we surprised at this?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
There have been a number of high-profile cases in Florida where women, mostly educators, have been accused and convicted of having sexual relations with young boys. Just a couple of weeks ago, a vice principal was arrested and charged with inappropriate contact with a fourteen-year-old that is eerily similar to this case.

From the linked article, when I read this part:
...Sexual contact allegedly occurred when the boy went to Lusk's house during his lunch hour on an early-release day from school in late April.

"While they were talking, the defendant took him to her daughter's bedroom and eventually touched his penis and asked him to touch her breasts, which he did," documents say.
I was surprised and dismayed to learn this:
...Lusk was not arrested or jailed. Miller said there's no concern about her leaving the area or contacting the boy.
That's a sorry set of criteria they used to decide not to arrest that woman. And who knows, perhaps she promised she'd keep her grubby hands off of underage cocks for the foreseeable future, and they believed her.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if they would have arrested her if she was a he.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if they would have arrested her if she was a he.
I almost said something similar in my response but didn't want to get into role reversals. But now that you've mentioned it, the story would read this way:
"While they were talking, the defendant took her to his daughter's bedroom and eventually touched her vagina and asked her to touch his balls, which she did," documents say.
So of course the gentleman in question wouldn't have been arrested, either.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if she'll get life in prison, like this woman did?
An Elko County woman convicted of forcing a 13-year-old-boy to touch her breasts was sentenced to life in prison.

Michelle Lyn Taylor, 34, was convicted of lewdness with a minor under 14 in November.

Taylor’s attorney, Public defender Alina Kilpatrick says it is the harshest sentence ever dealt to a female sex offender in Nevada. Kilpatrick called the sentence unconstitutional.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Guess we'll have to see her picture first, to see how lucky or not the boy was to be having sex with her.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the Cougars on TV are not going after men under 18. Not that I have seen...

But Cougars is not the only Movie or TV show that has touched on this subject. Look at the movie, Summer of 42. No one back then claimed the male character was abused. Not that I remember anyway...

Yet, in Lolita, the MC was considered a cad, even if he was not a successful one.

When you compare the two, it seems to me society does not put much weight on the actions of a cougar compared to a man preying on young girls...

What does surprise me is the the fact Lusk was not arrested, booked, and made to post bail considering the Florida cases recently. But then, I am sure Lusk previous position and that of her husband play a role in the decision...

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if she'll get life in prison, like this woman did?
Life in prison? Hell, she hasn't even been arrested and might conceivably run for mayor again and be elected for admitting a hands-on family values campaign that strokes the constituents into voting for her...

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
They need to figure this sh!t out. Life vs. no time? That's crazy.

I think either sex needs jail time for this. Period. Probably not life in prison, depending on what the psych evaluation says, imho.

It's strange (or I'm strange), though, because one of my favorite movies is Rouge Baiser, which has a 15-year-old girl who falls in love with an older man, with all of the trappings. It was unrated and I couldn't even figure out why back in the day! But that's just a story. Centered around war. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9A0DE3D9133FF931A35752C1A960948260

Around here it's the gym teachers half the time. Hardly so "romantic".

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
From what I've read of SOME of the women who do this, they want to identify with the younger age group that their victims hail from, and even want to wish-pretend that she is (magicly once again) of that lad's peer group. They return to their high school days via being invovled with a high school boy. They feel young and carefree again.

For other women it's a sheer power trip. The reasons will differ, but one group of female offenders falls into this category.

There's another angle, and it's probably the most common: Revenge. You see a lot of these cases where a woman has or had a husband who either cheated on her or neglected her emotionally or sexually. They pursue the relationship because it is a sort of way to say "well, you can do that but look what I can do". Read up on the Pamela Smart case for a similar example of this. (Fortunately most of these affairs with minors don't end the way that one did.)

Status
Not open for further replies.