PDA

View Full Version : Now Accepting Submissions

Rekindled
06-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Rekindled Media (http://www.rekindledmedia.com) is now accepting manuscript proposals. We are looking for topics with a very specific market as we focus on sales outside bookstores (in gift shops, specialty retail stores, etc.). Terms are negotiable. Please review our website and email us with any questions.

Silver King
06-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Just a heads up, Rekindled: The link you've provided is woefully short of even the most basic information writers need to make an informed decision to submit their work to you.

AngelicaRJackson
06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Silver Kind, did you click on the submissions guidelines up top? Seems pretty clear to me, what they are looking for. Maybe they added it after your post.

mommyjo2
06-15-2010, 02:38 AM
I didn't see a pay rate?

AngelicaRJackson
06-15-2010, 05:11 AM
I didn't either, it just says "contract terms negotiable." I would contact them directly if you have something that you think is a good fit.

Silver King
06-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Silver Kind, did you click on the submissions guidelines up top? Seems pretty clear to me, what they are looking for. Maybe they added it after your post.
Those guidelines were indeed added after my post upthread.

By the way, I like the sound of "Silver Kind," too. ;)

Maryn
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I may be flogging a dead horse, figuratively speaking, but I'd sure like it if AW enforced its own guidelines for Paying Markets, in which those who post are to include pay rate (even if it's "terms negotiable") in the subject line.

Almost nobody does that, though. Most post a link to their site, where you have to click through to another page to find submission guidelines, and often yet another page to find mention of pay rates. AW members, especially those who do not have high-speed connections, can waste a lot of time finding out a particular market is not for them, when AW has asked that each person posting at Paying Markets put this information in the subject line.

Maybe it's time we stopped asking nicely and started insisting.

Maryn, just adding her two cents for "Silver Kind"

Silver King
06-16-2010, 03:32 AM
I may be flogging a dead horse, figuratively speaking, but I'd sure like it if AW enforced its own guidelines for Paying Markets, in which those who post are to include pay rate (even if it's "terms negotiable") in the subject line...
Ideally, that's what they're supposed to do. But so many of the folks advertising work here are either drive-by posters or those who have spent so little time on AW it's a wonder they managed to find the Paying Markets forum in the first place.

The only way I can see pay rates appearing consistently is for one of the mods of this room or a Super to edit each thread title to reflect the compensation being offered. That would require some time, though, and most mods are busy enough without picking through each thread and following links to make it easier for job seekers to quickly scan this forum for work.

Sleepyhead
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Has anyone submitted to this place? Did you hear back?

I emailed with questions and got no response. A Google search of the "Brandi Brown" listed as the contact leads to a Blogger profile, which lists several blogs, many abandoned or only rarely updated.

The personal website listed on the profile has a recent entry by Ms. Brown saying she's going back to school soon - so does that mean this whole project has been abandoned?

I'd be very interested to know if anyone has even heard back from this company.

veinglory
07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
The only way I can see pay rates appearing consistently is for one of the mods of this room or a Super to edit each thread title to reflect the compensation being offered.

Alternatively those that don't meet the requirements could be locked and/or deleted.

jinkang
07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
OFFTOPIC>
I'm new so forgive me if I'm starting an old flame... but if a lot of posters don't put up the pay rates, why not make it optional to put up with the posting? I also agree with Silver King in that one of us could post the pay rate as well. (I think that's what happens anyway.)
<OFFTOPIC

I'll check the link at home as I can't see it for now. (my own end) It will be nice if the requirements are within the AW forum posting too. :P

TemlynWriting
07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Ideally, that's what they're supposed to do. But so many of the folks advertising work here are either drive-by posters or those who have spent so little time on AW it's a wonder they managed to find the Paying Markets forum in the first place.

The only way I can see pay rates appearing consistently is for one of the mods of this room or a Super to edit each thread title to reflect the compensation being offered. That would require some time, though, and most mods are busy enough without picking through each thread and following links to make it easier for job seekers to quickly scan this forum for work.
I've been fairly busy as of late (though I visit every day, even if just for a few minutes), but I'm going to try to remember to pop in at least a couple times a week specifically to check out the latest threads and change titles if need be. Maybe I can even make some time to do so every day, and then there wouldn't be as much work in the long run. ;)