proofreading

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Anyone want to swap animal articles for proofreading and general feedback? I have one article on cattle mutilation theories finished and another one on totem animals underway--but I don't have a beta-reader for them. Not arduous--I just like someone with a fresh eye to check for silly mistakes before I send. Will do the same in return.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
*bump*

Em, let me know if you don't get any nibbles from here. I know somebody who writes sort-of-similiar material about animals who might be willing to do something.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Nothing so far. Articles are 800-2000 words and fairly interesting IMHO. ;) My own proofreading skills are pretty good--I just get 'blind' to my own errors.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
veinglory said:
Nothing so far. Articles are 800-2000 words and fairly interesting IMHO. ;) My own proofreading skills are pretty good--I just get 'blind' to my own errors.
I don't have anything to swap at the moment, but I'd be more than happy to look over them, even if in addition to the person Anne has in mind. It's always a pleasure to proofread; it has been a lifelong hobby of mine, and I've only recently begun doing it as a job. It's still very enoyable, though. (I'm weird--I actually enjoy this stuff!)

Just to let you know, though--I'll be out of town this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow around noon, and won't be back until Sunday night, but I can do it tonight and tomorrow morning, or I can print and take them with me, and get on a computer at my in-laws during the weekend, sometime Friday or Saturday.

You can e-mail me through my website or through the e-mail on my profile here. :)

Have a great weekend!

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Em and Julia, did you guys decide what to do on this? I just got an e-mail from the gal I had in mind for the proofreading/feedback but haven't mentioned this to her yet-wanted to hear from either of you before I did. Let me know. :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I ran smack into the deadline for these pieces and sent them in. But I am always writing something and open to swapping critiques and even cowriting.