• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Upper middle grade contemporary fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I need a beta reader who is good with style. The manuscript is fairly polished, it's been through several beta stages already but I can't help feeling that it should be a little better.

I need someone's help to get it that last 10% of the way from good (for an amateur) to completely professional.

I'd be happy to beta your stuff in return, my preferred beta style (giving and receiving) is stream of consciousness with some extra notes at the end of each chapter.

Dean Emry is a sixth grader with a lot on his mind: his little sister is a relentless pest, he's a favourite target of the school bullies and he has to protect a dragon egg from a bunch of thieving goblins and one insane wizard.

It's a mighty task for a shy and unassuming boy like Dean. Fortunately he makes some new friends, with dragon eggs of their own, on the ride to Camp Drakenvale, a place for kids like them to learn about dragons. There they earn the enemity of the camp's head counsellor, engage in an epic prank war and get into a whole mess of trouble. Before long though, pranks and kitchen punishment are the last of their worries.

When dragon eggs start to go missing and Dean gets the blame, he and his friends investigate. They rescue the missing eggs but, by the time they make it back to camp, the whole place has been turned upside-down. Everyone in camp including the mother dragon Valkia has been captured by goblins and a crazy wizard. The three friends are the only thing standing between the insane wizard John Lott and the destruction of all the dragons in Camp Drakenvale. To help his friends save the day Dean will need to confront the wizard one on one, even though it's a fight he has no chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.