PDA

View Full Version : Boondock Saints

robeiae
06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Watched for the first time last night.

I know there's a wide range of opinions on it. Me, I liked it. Quite a bit, actually. I don't know what it is, but Irish hoodlum movies always seem to strike a chord with me.

Opinions? Is the sequel worth watching?

ChaosTitan
06-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Love this movie.

I haven't seen the sequel yet, but I definitely want to.

Kateness
06-11-2010, 02:21 AM
The sequel is less good, but it's still got its moments.

Funny memory:
My best friend and I wanted to see a movie, a few years back. She looked it up online, and said 'hey, there's this movie called Boondock Saints on. It looks pretty good'.

Little did we know that it went direct to DVD the first go-around because the director wasn't willing to tone down the violence (I think), and that was a special one-night showing for major fans. We were the only people in the theater who had never seen it before.

dgiharris
06-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Boondock Saints kicked all kinds of ass.

Sequel is meh. Doesn't quite have the magic of the first one. Not bad per say and worth the Redbox $1, but just not as good as the first one.

Mel...

Wayne K
06-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Where ya been dude?

I love this movie. I didn't bother to watch part two

Cella
06-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Loved it.

MissMacchiato
06-11-2010, 03:18 AM
I remember loving it, but I haven't rewatched it in years. I should probably rent it :)

Rowan
06-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Loved the movie....haven't seen the sequel. Own original on DVD and watch it often!

The Family Prayer
"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Il Duce's Prayers
"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy saints ."

"Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of god. "

SWest
06-11-2010, 03:50 AM
It's on instant download at Netflix...

Diana Hignutt
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Willem Dafoe is brilliant in the Boondock Saints. Spectacular.

Torin
06-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Willem made a more attractive woman than he does a man? He has good legs.

Just watched the sequel and it's okay. Not great, but not bad enough to make me want those two hours of my life back, either.

Grrarrgh
06-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I love this movie!! We have it on the instant queue at Netflix, too, Swest. Mr. Grr hasn't seen it yet. Now that it's summer and we don't have as much TV to watch, I fully intend to make him watch it. Possibly even this weekend.

I haven't seen the sequel yet, but I will. I don't really expect it to be as good, but I still want to see it.

Jcomp
06-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm one of the relatively few people I know who has seen this movie and didn't really like it much. It has some moments, but overall the story comes across to me as too much of a lazy, vengeance-happy wet dream. At least with a movie like Taken or other, better revenge fantasy flicks there's at least a set-up for the badass characters to have some skills or experience that enable them to kill the shit out of every bad guy in sight. Or the bad guys they're killing aren't exactly the most sophisticated bunch (as in movies like Death Wish or Death Sentence). Here it pretty much boils down to two schmoes who get the ability to kill Russian mob bosses and career-criminal professional assassins because God may or may not be calling them to do it. Meh.

Tasmin21
06-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I thought it was ok, but my hubby is fanatic about it.

And the traditional answer to anything asked around my house is "Because Charlie Bronson's always got rope."

Jess Haines
06-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Fabulous movie!! Haven't seen the second one, yet. It's in my Netflix queue.

som1luvsmi
06-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I frickin' LOVE this movie!!!

But my friend, who introduced me to the movie the first time, has forbidden me from seeing the sequel. He says it just didn't live up to the first.

zahra
06-27-2010, 03:36 AM
I liked the documentary about the writer - fascinating car-crash stuff; if you haven't seen it, you really should - but the movie was yawnsville for me.