PDA

View Full Version : How To Post Links On Signature?

Margarita Skies
06-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Hi.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question. If it's not, dear moderators, please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

My question is... Ok, I've seen in many writers' signatures links to their blogs, their websites, their My Space pages, Facebooks, etc. How do I add those links in my signature naming the link 'My My Space', 'My Facebook', 'My Website', etc.? I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say. :)

Your help is very much appreciated. Have a wonderful day. I love you guys.

Magali.

alleycat
06-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Use Insert Link (it looks a world with a paper clip).

It will automatically format it if you do it this way. You will need to edit the second part (the part NOT within quotations) to say whatever you want it to say (edit out what the link puts there). It's the part between the set of brackets.

Is that clear? It's easy to do, but a little hard to explain.

dpaterso
06-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Just for example's sake, the links in my sigline look like this when I typed 'em in manually:

My blog (http://secretagentbritishintelligence.blogspot.com/) - check out my Sci-Fi story podcast @ The Drabblecast!
My webcomics! (http://mywebcomics.org) ...everyone needs a dirty little hobby

See how the url= link info is inside the square brackets? Then comes the text. Then the /url to close off the link info.

-Derek

Margarita Skies
06-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Thank you guys so much!! I am going to look up the links to my stuff and then I'm going to keep this window open so I can follow the directions step-by-step!! :)

Love
Magali.

alleycat
06-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Let us know if you have any problem.

Derek and I are telling you the same thing; I gave you the Link function way, Derek gave you the manual way of doing it. I actually think it's easier doing it manually, but I thought it would be easier to explain using the Link function.

Margarita Skies
06-08-2010, 04:50 AM
I did it the manual way and it did just fine. I didn't do all my links because I wanted to try my blog link first. I'm going to go back and do the same thing with my myspace, my facebook, and my twitter. And I'm going to create a website too in webs.com. :) Thanks you guys for all your help.

Margarita Skies
06-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Update:

Thanks, guys!! I have been able to put in the links I have so far!! Now, all I have to do is build my website!! :) I am so excited. I'm only going to start it though because it's 9:24 PM and I have to get some writing done because when it comes to my writing I've been lazy all day yesterday and all day today. I'm going to write a little bit.