PDA

View Full Version : Single author anthologies

veinglory
08-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Have you written one? Do you think they are more of less appealling than novella/novels of the same length? Do you think it is better to link the stories together with a theme or setting?

May calculation is that a collection of stories is likely to make more money than selling each one separately as well as save me a bit of time--but that assumes both tha publishers are as interested in them as novels and readers are at least half as likely to buy them.

scfirenice
08-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I think anthologies are better when they are a mix of authors, not just one author and several stories. My worthless opinion is that a novella would be more appealing.

Ella
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
I think anthologies are better when they are a mix of authors, not just one author and several stories. My worthless opinion is that a novella would be more appealing.

I agree.

Vanessa
08-30-2005, 05:58 AM
I agree.

Me too!

Ella
09-06-2005, 09:02 PM
A publication of stories by a single author is called a collection; multiple authors gets the term anthology.

September skies
09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
I like the Collection idea. (single author / multiple stories)
I love to browse through libraries and book stores and have seen a few, so I guess they can work.
I have been writing little stories for so long, I am so tempted to put some together for such a book. Though not sure how that really works.
Good luck to you!

September