Hawaii 5-0 (Reboot)

Mann Crux

Love it would be much better
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fed up of all these tired re-boots, they get the style right but they never seem to have any sole.

I'm sorry. I really am. I just couldn't help myself.

Last edited:

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Or soul, even.

But then and again, rumor is Jack Lord didn't have one either. Perhaps in this reboot, he'll make a comeback as a zombie. It should still be within his range of talents as a thespian, even post mortem.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The trailer looks decent.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Sorry, but that just looks stupid. The real Hawaii-5-Oh, was a Police Unit, not some lame task force with "full immunity and means" whatever the hell that means. And why is it necessary to create some tragic backstory where his father gets killed? Meh. So not happy with this. Well, at least it has the theme song, however poorly remade.

Thanks, Cyia. I didn't want to derail the other one, because I mean to ask...
Yep. Daniel Dae Kim, who was on Lost, is in it, too. (as Chin Ho Kelly). The pilot previews make it look very action oriented. More like a mini-movie than a TV-show, which makes me wonder how much of the show is flash over characterization.
What is "Flash over characterization?"

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Cyia. I didn't want to derail the other one, because I mean to ask... What is "Flash over characterization?"

All "look at the pretty [insert name of actor or location]" while ignoring the need for story or character development. Got a plot hole? Blow something up! No one'll notice.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or soul, even.

But then and again, rumor is Jack Lord didn't have one either. Perhaps in this reboot, he'll make a comeback as a zombie. It should still be within his range of talents as a thespian, even post mortem.
Jack Lord as a zombie . . .

That's a mental image I didn't need. I bet his hair hasn't changed; I think he had it bronzed.

claws2

Banned
Reaction score
I'm fed up of all these tired re-boots, they get the style right but they never seem to have any sole.

I'm sorry. I really am. I just couldn't help myself.
Funny! :D ... It took me a few seconds (okay, maybe more than a few), but I finally figured it out. (Instead of "soul," you used "sole" because of the previous "re-boots.")

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
I never watched Hawaii Five-O the first time around, even though it was popular in my country. Same for Mannix, or the A-Team.
I loved The Persuaders, Mission: Impossible and The Streets of San Francisco though.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
meh,

I never got into the original. This one seems okay.

But truth be told, this genre is sorta mined out IMO. There are so many good cop shows out and then there are shows that are pure genuis like The Closer and Burn Notice

The only thing going for this show is that it is seems okay and it will be on a major network. Oh, and it is using the Hawaii 5-0 brand :Shrug:

But overall, it is just more of the same. This type of cop show has been done to death and i've long sinced upgraded to shows like Burn Notice

Mel...

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I'll be watching for Alex and Daniel. Well and James Marsters as the villian in the first episode. What? I like my Whedon actors.

I just hope this lasts longer than 16 episodes (Alex's current longest running show on CBS). Just think though, after this, he's free from his horrible CBS development contract. you know, thosse don't really seem to work. Eliza Dushku had one wiith Fox and...yeah....wasn't so successful.

ETA: On a completely unrelated note, dgiharris, OMG DALEK!!!!!!!! Dalek/Cybermen smackdown at Canary Warf...brilliant!

BarrelRoll

Banned
Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks The A-Team movie looks like stupid summer fun? I know it looks bad, but for some reason, I think it might be entertaining

BarrelRoll

Banned
Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks The A-Team movie looks like stupid summer fun? I know it looks bad, but for some reason, I think it might be entertaining

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score

Me too. At first I was turned off, but after the trailer, i'm in the mood for some mindless summer action fun.

Movie has potential.

Mel...

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
The show's even less "Hawaiian" than the original. Grace Park as 'Kono Kalakaua?' I hope this cast does better with the local vernacular than do Dog and wife.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be watching for Alex and Daniel. Well and James Marsters as the villian in the first episode. What? I like my Whedon actors.

I just hope this lasts longer than 16 episodes (Alex's current longest running show on CBS). Just think though, after this, he's free from his horrible CBS development contract. you know, thosse don't really seem to work. Eliza Dushku had one wiith Fox and...yeah....wasn't so successful.

ETA: On a completely unrelated note, dgiharris, OMG DALEK!!!!!!!! Dalek/Cybermen smackdown at Canary Warf...brilliant!

You and me both! I had no idea Marsters was going to be in this. :)

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Marsters is not just planned for the first ep, either. He'll be a recurring character (provided the show lives, of course) for several eps.