PDA

View Full Version : Six degrees of stegosaurus

Wiskel
06-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm stuck.

I want to call the stegosaurus in my book Jessie. I've been calling her Steg until I realised that:

a. This is a rubbish name for a girl
b. My joke about her name being written on her foot as Steg - asaurus (on two lines) doesn't work because however discovered stegosauruses spelt their name with an "o" not an "a"

According to the Six degrees of Kevin Bacon game, there should be fairly logical ways to link almost any two things together.

Anyone able to help me come up with a logical reason for a toy stegosaurus to choose the name Jessie for herself? Bonus points for managing not to mention Kevin Bacon.

Craig

RainyDayNinja
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
If she is a toy, perhaps she was originally owned by a girl named Jessie, who wrote her own name on the foot. It could also be the name of the company that manufactured her, or the city where she was manufactured.

Drachen Jager
06-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Jessie's not too far from Jurassic.

frimble3
06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
She's humble? "Aw, I'm jes' a stegosaurus", and it's not so much that she chooses the name 'Jessie', but that others assume 'Jess' is her name?

Wiskel
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone,

Some great ideas I hadn't considered, and a new perspective on a couple I'd dismissed.

Craig

sunandshadow
06-10-2010, 03:29 AM
I believe Strega is an Italian name. She could be Strega Saurus.

Kalyke
06-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Stegosauruses had 2 brains, one in their teeny tiny heads and the other in their great big flyswatter tails so I think her head and her tail should always argue and she should be named Janis, for having two faces.

Anaximander
06-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Technically, the brain in their tail was less of a brain and more of an enlarged nerve cluster somewhere in their pelvis, so while it did control the tail to help balance and stuff, it wasn't capable of much more, in the same way that you can't talk to the part of your brain that controls your breathing for you. That said, their actual brain was pretty basic and roughly the size of a walnut, so they weren't the smartest of creatures anyhow.

Stanmiller
06-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Stegosauruses had 2 brains, one in their teeny tiny heads and the other in their great big flyswatter tails so I think her head and her tail should always argue and she should be named Janis, for having two faces.

That would be a hoot, having two characters in the same body, talking to each other.

"I'm hungry," Jessie said.

"You should see what your big fat butt looks like, peanut brain," Janice said.

"I can't swing my head around that far. So I don't have to worry about it. Go swat files or something."