PDA

View Full Version : Science Fiction/Adventure Beta Reader needed!

devero
06-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Hello! I am looking for someone to be a beta-reader for me. My name is Robert, and I am just about to graduate from UW Seattle. Now that I have my degree I can focus on my writing without reading 100 pages on the Xia dynasty every night.

I did post before in this thread but I am reposting because my last post was somewhat discombobulated. Please donít think I am trying to flood the forum!

My novel is called Avalonís Crossroads. It is about 6 young adults, all roughly 18-20, who develop strange powers and leave their home to come to a school called Avalon where they can learn how to control these powers. The setting of the novel is in the year 3498 C.E. (A.D. for non-anthropologists) and with the jump in time comes aliens, spaceships, etc. but all those are more backdrops. I prefer to focus on character development rather than letting the events solely propel the story along.

Avalonís Crossroads is primarily Science Fiction but takes aspects from several genres. It is 528 pages double spaced and if anyone is interested please let me know! I am also willing to swap novels and do some beta reading myself if you like. I have a long history of correcting papers.

Thanks!

telford
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Hello Robert,
What a coincidence; I too have written a SF adventure novel. I'm not sure what you're looking for here so email me and we'll discuss it. If it seems that we can assist one another we can swap the first 15K to see if we are a right fit. Interested? T