It was 20 years ago today - Tianenmen Square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Twenty-one years ago today.

Interesting that the Chinese government keeps it quiet - you'd think such a rousing victory against democracy would be something they'd be proud of. I think their silence indicates they know it was wrong.

not_HarryS

Peen Copter Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Fuck. Can we not talk about this? I don't want AW to get blocked like all the other good sites out there :(

Being in China sucks sometimes.

::looks over shoulder::

not_HarryS

Peen Copter Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Life is short and bitter, my friend :)

Yeah... I don't even really know what the fuck Twitter is. Been here too long. Facebook was still primarily a college-networking site when I left. I miss out on everything good online. Sniffsniff.

Which is why we must protect AW by keeping it clean and, erm... censored. Cough.

About the whole Tiananmen thing, I just finished reading a book called The Shock Doctrine. It's got an interesting take on the incident that I had never heard before. Worth looking into :)

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed it is. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation, will take a look at it. In the meantime, keep sailing the across the suffering sea.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
It was also the same day that Poland held the first free elections of a former Iron Curtain country, and the same day the Ayatollah Khomeini died. Probably the single busiest news day in history for reporters.

caw

Reaction score
It was also the same day that Poland held the first free elections of a former Iron Curtain country, and the same day the Ayatollah Khomeini died. Probably the single busiest news day in history for reporters.

caw

It was also the same day that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.