Polar opposite or not?

Which one would you'd rather be: polar opposite or stay in character?

• Polar opposite: take a look over the fence

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • True nature: stay in character

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ton Lew Lepsnaci

A WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Following up on a thread (what character did you ever want to become):

if you could become a favorite character: would you rather go for a completely different personality (to take a look over the fence) or stay in character?

Last edited:

willietheshakes

Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard.
Registered
Reaction score
Might I suggest Office Party for threads of this sort, as they don't really have anything to do with writing.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going with polar opposite and Gail Wynand again, except that I'm like Gail Wynand in some ways*, so it would be a little of both.

* Good in bed, for example. ;)

Ton Lew Lepsnaci

A WIP
Registered
Reaction score
I'm confuddled (not hard to do)

If I stayed in character, surely I'd be me?

Mmmh the poll might not be well formulated. It came from a discussion on a different thread, querying whether readers ever identified so much with a character they wished they could be them at one point. Then the question arose whether the identification might be with characters close to one's own personality or perhaps someone with a (very) different personality. Maybe I should pull the plug on this one (if possible) and relaunch once I find a better formulation :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Mmmh the poll might not be well formulated. It came from a discussion on a different thread, querying whether readers ever identified so much with a character they wished they could be them at one point. Then the question arose whether the identification might be with characters close to one's own personality or perhaps someone with a (very) different personality. Maybe I should pull the plug on this one (if possible) and relaunch once I find a better formulation :)

When I identify with a character, it's because I already am pretty much like that character. Only the details of the situations they're in are different.

Ton Lew Lepsnaci

A WIP
Registered
Reaction score
When I identify with a character, it's because I already am pretty much like that character. Only the details of the situations they're in are different.

I guess that would be the case for me too, though sometimes a character can extend character traits to such purity it must be a unique experience to view things through their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.