PDA

View Full Version : Black Library Publishing Open to Submissions

AlishaS
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Ok, so I am not sure if this is the right place for this, so sorry if it's not and feel free to move.

It has been brought to my attention that Black Library Publishing (Warhammer Novels) is having an open call for submissions. This doesn't come around very often and although they are very selective and keep with the Warhammer themes I thought I would bring it to everyones attention. Submission deadline is July 31, 2010

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Getting-Started/FAQ-Working-For-Black-Library.html#guidelines

Cliff Face
06-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Hmm, I've wanted to write a Warhammer novel for some time now. If submission deadline is July 31st, then I better get cracking!

I wonder if they'd want a story about Tyranids conquering the galaxy? I mean, that's kind of hard to follow...

ETA: Maybe this would go better in the SF/F section? Mods? (For those who don't know - Warhammer is fantasy, and Warhammer 40,000 is Sci-Fi.)

dpaterso
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Ooh! Warhammer fantasy and Warhammer 40K sci-fi. Ooh! <rummages through hard drive>

-Derek

Cliff Face
06-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I checked out that link, and they will accept 6k shorts...

I might look into this further... *strokes chinbeard*

Zoombie
06-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm going to write and polish a short story taking place on a starship. I love the idea of an insular, self contained society flying through the stars, combining city, monastery and technological marvel into one.

Hopefully it'll be different enough to stand out, eh?

Paul
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Many Thanks AlishaS.
How come you're still a 'new kid'?

AlishaS
06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Many Thanks AlishaS.
How come you're still a 'new kid'?

Well, I guess I never thought to change that. Maybe, just maybe, I think I need a few more meaningful posts, maybe more writing done and a following of minions I can boss around lol.

I am glad that this post is generating response. My brother in law (who apparently is a Warhammer buff) passed the information along to me. However, I have never, ever picked up a Warhammer book in my life nor is it my genre of writing. So at least someone is benifiting from this news.

bladestalker
06-03-2010, 04:53 AM
I'm a longtime Warhammer player and I've published a number of Wargame and Pen and Paper RPG books. I also have a small company that has worked with Games Workshop. I wonder if that would be enough to land a project with them.

Andrew J Lucas

AlishaS
06-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm a longtime Warhammer player and I've published a number of Wargame and Pen and Paper RPG books. I also have a small company that has worked with Games Workshop. I wonder if that would be enough to land a project with them.

Andrew J Lucas

Well, you won't know unless you try. So go for it!

bladestalker
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
True enough. I have a number of ideas percolating in my skull right now. Three are working their way to the surface so we'll see how motivated I get. Maybe I'll even break out my Craftworld Biel Tan eldar army for a couple of games to remind myself how it flows.

EricK
06-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks for posting this, I got to get started!

MJRevell
06-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Looks very good, especially since they consider short stories. And it's quite nice that you don't even have to have finished: if they like it, they will work with you to get it done.

bladestalker
06-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I've almost completed my 1,000 word short story proposal, just need to decide if I want to extend it to 10 k as a novel proposal as I coudl go both way with this.

Tough decision.

bladestalker
07-24-2010, 06:50 AM
sending my submission tomorrow. Just want one more look over. :)