I have a Facebook Impersonator?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now, the name Diana Hignutt is somewhat unusual, or so I believed until this morning. I hadn't googed my name in ages, but I did this morning...and I found a link to my facebook page...except, I don't have facebook. There's a picture of this lady and her hubby or boyfriend. A. I'm much prettier. B. I don't swing the boyfriend way, in fact I'm in one of the few legal same-sex marriages in the USA. Could someone with Facebook check her page and make sure she's not someone pretending to be me. I mean why would anyone pretend to be me? It's probably just a coincidence, but really, there's another Diana Hignutt out there?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Diana, you can't see anything about them if they are on a privacy setting, and that's the case here. I don't particularly want to friend her. And I htink it really is just coincidence.

There's also another Diana Hignutt, but without a photo, and it has this info on her profile:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diana Hignutt is a transsexual American novelist of fantasy fiction.

As a result of the publication of her first novel, Moonsword, Ms. Hignutt has been interviewed on radio programs across the United States and on such national television shows as The O'Reilly Factor. Diana is married to her wife, Liz.
''Moonsword''

In the kingdom of Lorm, Prince Tolian is not only the realm's mightiest warrior, but he is also the direct heir to the throne. However, when a prophecy foretells the end of his world, he must consent to become transformed into a woman--the Champion, who alone can hope to stand against the coming evil. When the demon who would usher in Lorm's end enters the kingdom, Tolian agrees to shed his sex and gender for those of the Champion. After learning how to behave as a lady, the bold warrior woman perfects her magical powers as he seeks the fabled Moonsword, battling a mostrous horde of evil creatures before clashing with the demon itself.
''Empress of Clouds''

In Empress of Clouds, the sequel to Moonsword, Prince Tolian, still a woman, is stripped of her magical powers and imprisoned by the forces of the powerful giant faerie warlord Dowbreth. Bereft of both her enchantments and the Moonsword, her only hope as she faces Dowbreth is to recover the fabled sword.
External links

* http://www.dianahignutt.com/about.html

Read More
Source
Description above from the Wikipedia article Diana Hignutt, licensed under CC-BY-SA, full list of contributors here.

That's you, so you DO have a profile there! Did someone create a Facebook page for you?

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
There are a few public bits - her wall and the comments she's left on friends' profiles. I don't see anything to suggest she's trying to be you. Looks like a person who happens to have the same name.

That's you, so you DO have a profile there! Did someone create a Facebook page for you?

I think Facebook automatically generated that page from the Wikipedia page. Anyone who lists Diana as a favourite author will link to that page.

(The pages all changed around recently, but that's my understanding of what it does now)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
There are a few public bits - her wall and the comments she's left on friends' profiles. I don't see anything to suggest she's trying to be you. Looks like a person who happens to have the same name.

Oh, I didn't see that. Yes, she has made a few comments and seems to be a football fan (that is, what the rest of the world calls football!)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
How is this in ROUNDTABLE?

I'm sure there's more than one person with your name. Not a big deal.

There is a group on facebook for people with my name. There are hundreds of us.

I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously there is another Diana.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sort of a misnomer on the title.

If it's her legitimate name, she's not impersonating anyone.

Heck, she could claim that YOU'RE impersonating HER!

:D

Well, I did have a question mark in the thread title.

And, I'm way more famous than any other Diana Hignutt :)

Thanks everybody for clearing that up.

P.S. - I had no idea where else to post this question, sorry for that.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend on FB and the same thing happened to her. They somehow even got her profile pic, so when they posted, it looked like it was she who had posted. Very strange.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of know how you feel. Don't all rush out to view it but my handle, cactuswendy...., I have had this for years and one day got an email from a friend sending me a link to 'my web site'. It seems some gal made a Very adult web site and uses that name. I just wonder how many folks look me up, go to that site and think I am an over sexed young sweet thing? This happened a few years ago, not sure if she still has it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Moved from Roundtable to Office Party. Sorry, King Fish.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I googled my MC's completely made up name and found a woman who calls herself by that name on myspace. I think we need to make a case for expanding the alphabet. We're running out of letter combinations.

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Now, the name Diana Hignutt is somewhat unusual ...
It's extremely unusual.

But 'extremely unusual' in a planet of 6.7 BILLION people means there will be a hell of a lot of matches !

And when someone tells you that you are 'one in a million', it means that there are 6,700 people in the world just like you.

Mac

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Well, I did have a question mark in the thread title.

And, I'm way more famous than any other Diana Hignutt :)

Thanks everybody for clearing that up.

P.S. - I had no idea where else to post this question, sorry for that.
Diana, there's nothing to apologize for. I've put threads in the wrong places too. :)

And yes, to me there is only ONE Diana Hignutt, even if there are others out there named the same. ;)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
According to Facebook, there are people who has given their children the name "Darwin Jesus", so Diana Hignutt is not that big of a stretch...

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Now, the name Diana Hignutt is somewhat unusual, or so I believed until this morning. I hadn't googed my name in ages, but I did this morning...and I found a link to my facebook page...except, I don't have facebook. There's a picture of this lady and her hubby or boyfriend. A. I'm much prettier. B. I don't swing the boyfriend way, in fact I'm in one of the few legal same-sex marriages in the USA. Could someone with Facebook check her page and make sure she's not someone pretending to be me. I mean why would anyone pretend to be me? It's probably just a coincidence, but really, there's another Diana Hignutt out there?
I hope I didn't "friend" her!