I got published in The Consumerist SWEET!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I walked out in the middle of the sales pitch (which they called my interview) for a job like that. Everyone in the room watched me leave and stared at me like I was totally insane. I don't think any of the other interviewees (initiates?) realized quite what was being asked of them. Ick.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I used to read The Consumerist at work but haven't lately. Some weird and funny stuff there.

kolemcrae

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geek-juice.net
Thanks everyone!

This had kind of inspired me. I wrote that on my own volition, which is a first for me. Sure I write short stories etc all the time, but this time I decided to do a news story/magazine article esque thing and someone actually published it. So today I'm going to work on another story (About street performers in Toronto) and hopefully keep this kind of thing up...

samcollie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.swansonwriting.com
I just read your article and found it quite enjoyable! Congratulations. And hopefully you eventually heard from the editor to nail out the formalities!

Keep at it!

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I really enjoyed your article, it reminds me of a job I had... selling chocolate bars door to door.. I work one 6 hour day, that was enough for me, becuase, essential like your job it was a lie. You never really made the "huge" amount of money.