PDA

View Full Version : Avatar-problems

Bookdragonette
05-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I have been trying for quite some time to change my avatar, but I keep getting this message:
Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

What am I doing wrong? Both Opera and FF tell me this, with a picture I have in Photobucket. The picture isn't too big, as far as I can tell.

Cathy C
05-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Are you sure? The picture might well be too big. The requirements here are really specific. 200x250 pixels OR 73.8kB, whichever is smaller. The site/software won't resize, so it means you have to resize before loading to Photobucket.

CaoPaux
05-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Alas, vBulletin has sporadic problems uploading avatars from third-party URLs. Try uploading from your own computer. If that doesn't work, flag down a passing Admin and s/he'll get it sorted for you.

Maryn
05-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I've had much better success uploading my AW avatars from my own computer than the third-party site I use, FWIW, so I second the suggestion you try that.

Maryn, who tires of them in a week or two, usually

Medievalist
05-26-2010, 10:00 PM
You won't be able to upload from a third-party URL.

If you need help, contact me with a URL where I can get the image, and I'll do it for you.

Bookdragonette
05-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Are you sure? The picture might well be too big.Not really. I am really bad at these kinds of things.

Alas, vBulletin has sporadic problems uploading avatars from third-party URLs. Try uploading from your own computer.This does surprise me a bit, because I think my previous avatar was uploaded from a third-party URL as well.

Uploading from my own computer worked! Thank you all for your help. :)