Heroic/historical/epic/traditional/whatever Fantasy reading group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mishellbaker.wordpress.com
I know there's a book study group here, but so far all the selections have been outside my (oh so narrow) area of interest, which is secondary-world historical/heroic fantasy (or "traditional" or "epic" or whatever you want to call it).

I'm curious if there is an existing reading group that explores this subgenre, and if not, if anyone here would be interested in starting one? I review at least one book a month on my blog, but I'd much rather discuss them with other people. I really only do reviews because it's kind of a one-person discussion, and I really want to talk about these books with someone (if only myself).

The last two I did were Spellwright and The River Kings' Road, and for my next book I'm considering The Red Wolf Conspiracy or The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms or possibly Servant of a Dark God. Or all of the above, heh. My primary interest, as these five selections may hint, is in debut fantasy. I just love discovering new authors. Also, I love trying to figure out what allowed each author to "break in."

Any interest in this?

ETA: Bleh, can't edit subject line. You know what I mean by "herioc."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.