Rant

Talihashi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting so tired of waiting for the next book to come out in all the series I'm reading. I love stories that continue for a good while and that are still good but the waiting is starting to kill me. /end rant

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Funny. When I pick up a new author that has a series, and I finally get caught up to their most recent book, I get very discouraged. "What do you mean the next one doesn't come out until March of next year? The other ones all came out so quickly!" :ROFL:

Talihashi

Registered
Reaction score
Lol I totally agree. I just completed the fifth book in a series that I started three days ago. And now I have to wait I dont know how long until the next book that in all probability will not be the last. My problem may be that I read to much or to fast. I have a hard time stopping when i get going though.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
What you need to do is have three or four series going at once. That way, you have something to read while you're waiting.

As for me, I'm anxiously awaiting the second in this series. :D

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
What you need to do is have three or four series going at once. That way, you have something to read while you're waiting.

I did this, and it worked for a while. Then, I was following a few series and was caught up on all of them, and then couldn't find anything else to grab my interest. Lately, I've been re-reading the series that have really grabbed me. It's so interesting to see things this time that I didn't realize were there the last time.

Talihashi

Registered
Reaction score
Well I could read 3 to 4 series at a time. But I would need to find 3-4 different series to do it. And they would only last so long until I am waiting for the next book-books. I love rereading my favorite series but to really enjoy it I have to make sure there is a lot of time in-between rereads. Like The Wheel of Time and Sword of Truth series, I can't remember how many times I've read those series.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Can I plug the current series I'm re-reading? And, this one is complete, so once you've read all seven, that's it. He keeps teasing, but I doubt he'll do another. He finished it too perfectly.

The Dark Tower series - Stephen King

Talihashi

Registered
Reaction score
Ive actually tried reading some of Stephen Kings' books multiple times. For some reason his style just does not interest me enough for me to read them all the way through. Thank you for the suggestion, but I find myself unable to focus on his books at all.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
And when you poor mortals see my book in the bookstore duh and become enthralled by it, you will never EVER find which part of the trilogy is it!

Is it part one and you'll need to buy the other two to know what happens?

Part two so you'll be without the beginning and the end?

Or part three and you'll have massive spoilers ruining your reading? You'll never know!

AHAHAHA! *snort* HAHA!