• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I need an alpha reader.... MTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm editing/rewriting my very first MS and I'm starting to lose confidence in myself. I'm trying to change it for the better but I think I'm twisting my own head.

So, I would love if someone would be willing to read over what I've done so far and let me know if it works and where the problems are.

I'm also willing to crit your work if you want.

Thanks in advance

power31312

Believe in the impossible
Registered
Reaction score
What genre is it? You might get more responses if people know what you're writing about.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Miranda... :)
As we've been discussing in the Beta Readers v. SYW Forum thread--consider posting a brief summary of your work. Genre, word count, query letter style synopsis, what type of critique you desire, etc. Or, check out the Willing Beta Readers thread and PM a reader that sounds like a good fit--be sure to include some details so they'll know if this project is for them. :)
Cheers and best of luck!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Ah right, sorry.

You're right, I should have put in more detail..... I'll have a think.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I had a look at that thread and can't really see anyone who would be willing to read what is basically a second draft. It's not clean so... I need encouragement and someone to tell me where I'm going wrong.

So maybe a beta reader is not what I need.

But I'm nervous of putting anymore in SYW cos of the understandble feelings here about free editing.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry.... <embarrassedsmiley>

Ok.

My story is a thriller. Written in first person POV. I think it's aimed at the Janet Evanovich market but it's more like her early stuff in that some of it is quite dark. And one or two bits are very dark. And it's set in England.

There's no sex but some violence and some swearing. Oh, and some talk about cruelty to animals.

A quick synopsis:

The MC is a PI. She is tricked into taking on a job by a woman she hates. The job involves the Big Bad who is a man just out of prison who is bent on revenge. My MC doesn't want to be involved but is given no choice.

She has to lure the BB into a trap with the help of people she meets during the investigation. There's a big fight scene at the end and some things get resolved.

It's hard to write this without giving the end away! LOL.

Anyway, I hope someone is interested cos I really need the help!

Butterface

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah sure, I'd like to. I'll PM you.

I had a look at that thread and can't really see anyone who would be willing to read what is basically a second draft. It's not clean so... I need encouragement and someone to tell me where I'm going wrong.

So maybe a beta reader is not what I need.

But I'm nervous of putting anymore in SYW cos of the understandble feelings here about free editing.

I will look at it, my love. I know it's a little late but I'll PM you and see if you still need that fresh pair of eyes. I don't care what genre it is, really. Hey, a free book to read. I'm game. Ha ha!

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
From your brief sum up looks to be a dark horror or thriller? Best of luck getting a beta reader.. sure you'll find one soon.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Ermm.... wasn't expecting to see this again! LOL!

Just to let everyone know, it's been beta read several times and is now doing the rounds of the publishers. But thanks for the offer and encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.