Is it me or is Megan Fox trying to be like Angelina Jolie?

spacecatlucky

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw a recent picture of her and I swear she looked like a younger sister of Angie. And what's up with her lately? First she annouces to get plastic sergery, and now she's dropped out of the new Transformeres sequel because of her remarks. It feels like to me she did that on purpose so she could get some more "feminestic" roles. All I can assume is, Megan Fox is letting all the fame, sexiness, and Hollywood get too far into her head.

And I thought Shia LeBouf's comments about Transformers and Indiana Jones was shocking enough.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Who is Megan Fox and why should I care?

As to Angelina and her early days in Hollywood, she wasn't exactly a Fox back then. Watch the movie Hackers...

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming this isn't another misinformation campaign, it looks like Paramount decided not to pick up her option for the third film. Though The Wrap is reporting that the studio is auditioning for replacements, someone on Don Murphy's messageboard is claiming that Fox was fired weeks ago and her replacement has already been hired.

EDIT: Just read on People.com that Fox is saying it was her decision.

Last edited:

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
maybe she can get plastic surgery on that toe thumb of hers.

nah, who am I kidding? I love Megan and Angie.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming this isn't another misinformation campaign, it looks like Paramount decided not to pick up her option for the third film. Though The Wrap is reporting that the studio is auditioning for replacements, someone on Don Murphy's messageboard is claiming that Fox was fired weeks ago and her replacement has already been hired.

EDIT: Just read on People.com that Fox is saying it was her decision.

She ran her mouth off about the director. I'm sure her decision consisted of "Well if they're not offering, I choose not to sign!"

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Ego and actors/actresses go hand in hand.

But in their defense, the industry is run by a bunch of money grubbing cold hearted bastards.

I don't follow Meagan FOx all that much, but my understanding is that she hasn't had a real break out role yet. Is that true?

I think that is one of the prerequisites to becoming a superstar.
#1 You need a mega-super-monster-big hit
#2 You need something that shows your acting chops

BONUS if #1 and #2 happen in the same film :D

Unfortunately, Transformers is definitely #1 but not #2.

So, if she can get onto another big movie with a role that is not made out of cotton candy, then yes, she can get on the path of Superstardom.

But the window of time is extremely small, the fans and masses are a fickle fickle bunch and have the memories of Goldfish:e2fish:

Mel...

Last edited:

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
I love Miss Foxy. Sure, she's a little rude, gauche, and has a problem thinking before she speaks, but so am/do I :) She's my only future lesbian lover, and I heart her.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
She called Michael Bay, the director, a nazi. It was his decision not to re-hire her. But I'm certain her PR machine is working overtime to sound like it was her decision.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, regardless if you agree with Michael Bay or not, being 'in the business' and burning that bridge is a pretty dumb career move.

For right or wrong, Michael Bay is a major player and it is an unforgiveable mistake to publically bash him (if you are in the business).

But such are the follies of youth. When you are on top of the world you think you can do no wrong and will forever stay on top of the world.

Hollywood is litered with the corpses of careers brought to a screeching halt for less than what Fox has said/done.

Mel...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I publicly bash the Anti-Christ all the time...but then again, I haven't starred in one of his films, so...maybe MF wasn't exactly being a wise bear when she said those things.

I still cheer her.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
She's gorgeous, but she can't act her way out of a wet paper bag.

If kicking her out of Transformers 3 makes it in any way better than 2 (which was awful), then I'm all for a new female lead.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw a recent picture of her and I swear she looked like a younger sister of Angie. And what's up with her lately? First she annouces to get plastic sergery, and now she's dropped out of the new Transformeres sequel because of her remarks. It feels like to me she did that on purpose so she could get some more "feminestic" roles. All I can assume is, Megan Fox is letting all the fame, sexiness, and Hollywood get too far into her head.

The Angelina Jolie references are something perpetrated fairly regularly by the press. Whether it's a message her publicist is feeding them, or the press picked up on it first and her publicist decided to go with it remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I love Miss Foxy. Sure, she's a little rude, gauche, and has a problem thinking before she speaks, but so am/do I :) She's my only future lesbian lover, and I heart her.
I would get a sex change to be her lesbian lover :D

Don't laugh, I know someone who did that

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score

And I thought Shia LeBouf's comments about Transformers and Indiana Jones was shocking enough.

What does any of this have to do with Angelina Jolie? Or are you not allowed to be an actress with dark hair without being compared to her?

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
I liked her in "Jennifer's Body", but otherwise, I'm meh. She's not a good actress (neither is Jolie), she comes off as an airhead in her interviews, and her looks are above average but cookie-cutter.

My husband and sons, however, think she's the perfect specimen. They go a little Twi'tard-RPatz-teenage-girl batty when she's on tv.

spacecatlucky

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I get it, THAT'S how she's trying to be like Angelina Jolie! ;)

That's what I mean. Angie been in a lot of movies where she's showing off her body, mainly her boobs for instance, like in Original Sin and Tomb Raider and such. To me, it seems like Megan Fox is trying to follow in her footsteps, since Angie's getting no younger. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting.

And you're right, ChaosTitan, she can't act worth a damn.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Actually, I thought Jolie was extraordinary in Girl, Interrupted. I think she can act--and has proved it--but the sad fact is that in Hollywood you don't have to act in great roles to be successful. (ie--Tom Cruise comes to mind)

It's a career decision: to go for superstardom and no-brainer roles or to take more risks with your role choices and hope for the title of artist.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I thought Jolie was extraordinary in Girl, Interrupted.

People always point to that, but that movie is more than 12 years old. She hasn't done much since that's worth a damn. And she was far from being the best actor in that movie. She just got all the attention for it. Clea DuVall, Angela Bettis, and Brittany Murphy were all much better.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Yes, regardless if you agree with Michael Bay or not, being 'in the business' and burning that bridge is a pretty dumb career move.

For right or wrong, Michael Bay is a major player and it is an unforgiveable mistake to publically bash him (if you are in the business).

I agree... I happen to know that Michael Bay is a big jerk, but like you said, he's a big shot in Hollywood right now (I can't really stand his movies, Transformers 2 was trash).

Plus it's UNPROFESSIONAL. People hate each other in Hollywood all the time. They just part ways and keep their mouths shut. They don't blab about how awful the other person is, in public (I'm sure they blab about that with their agents and handlers and insiders). For Ms. Fox to bad-mouth Michael Bay like that is a bad thing, despite how WE feel about Mr. Bay.

Also, she hasn't really proven herself yet. She's still just a pretty face with a model body. Acting-wise, she is NO WHERE near Jollie even when she was younger -- Jollie has pedigree and also won an Oscar for Girl, Interrupted. Fox can't act.

With or without her, I won't be watching Transformer 3 even if you pay me. In fact, I will stop watching any Shia LaBeauf movie as well -- that kid can't act, and he's being pushed to be a SUPERSTAR. Maybe in another 25 years he would achieve the artistic ability of someone like Heath Ledger, who was only a few years older. But until then, sorry Shia, no amount of publicity and big budget blockbusters are going to make you a good actor.

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I heard Fox was a brat on the set. Unprofessional, rude and demanding. That's not "being a strong woman," that's just being a bitch. And, yes, there is a difference. One comes with No Class.

I think Jolie can act. And has more class in her little finger than Fox has in her entire sexy body.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think Jolie can act. And has more class in her little finger than Fox has in her entire sexy body.

This. Jollie isn't just sexy and hot, but she can actually act (when she's not doing fluff like Tomb Raiders). I think she was really good in Girl, Interrupted and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.