Talking About Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pencilone

Muse Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Let's say you get a nice rejection to a query, and the rejection tells you that the novel is not his cup of tea because of its subject (while still in the same genre), and he ends the reply saying that still, he is sure you'll find a home for your novel as there are other publishers who definitely publish the sort of novels you suggested.

What would you do next?

Would I be a stubborn, cheeky mule if I reply back with a short synopsis and ask for recommendations of some names of editors (he thinks) who might be interested in my kind of novel?

Or have I just completely lost it, and it's better if I just call it a day and look somewhere else?

Thanks,
Pencilone

Last edited:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I think if he was willing to take the time to provide the names of other publishers and editors who might be interested in your novel, he would have done so when he sent you the rejection. Best to move on, IMHO.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Move on.

(They all say "you'll find a home for this and good luck with another publisher" if they're nice)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I agree, move on. Had those same rejections...back to research...back to submitting.

Good luck!!!!

Pencilone

Muse Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone.

It looks like it's a consensus here, so I'm moving on (and not looking back:) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.