• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta/critter for YA WIP-will do exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
First time I've posted here, but not the first time I've beta'd :). Basically, I'm looking for a beta/critter to review a YA WIP. It's currently on its third-draft (still unfinished, I admit), but there shouldn't be overt issues with grammar, punctuation, etc. I'm also willing to do an exchange, so a chapter by chapter arrangement would be fine with me.

Anyway...

MC is a fifteen year old girl who drinks, smokes, cusses and is pro-choice (the last is a plot point, which is why I put it in here :)) I also mention it because some of the above might be deal-breakers for some readers.

Although I've billed it as "horror," it's not full-fledged horror (no overt gore). There is a science fiction element, but it's what I would term soft sci-fi (no advanced degrees needed ;).

What I'm primarily concerned with is my plot-do all of the separate threads come together in a nice neat package?

If anyone's interested (and would like to do a chapter by chapter crit exchange) please PM me. Thanks!

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank all of you who PM'd me! I now have a beta for the project (from this forum) so I'm pulling the request, but I just wanted to say that everyone here rocks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.