Vampire Diaries

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
The Vampire Diaries

Edit: This thread contains SPOILERS

Does anyone here love Vampire Diaries? Generally I haven't really gotten into the current vampire craze, but The Vampire Diaries...I'm completely obsessed!

Last edited:

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Have seen two episodes--the pilot and one other. The latter I've now seen three times!

Grrrrrr...

Anyway, I've heard some friends rave about it and plan on giving it another chance. My big problem is that the high school student body seems too pretty, too popular, etc. In Buffy terms, everyone is a Cordelia or a Harmony. Where are the Willows and Xanders?

fredXgeorge

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've never seen Buffy so I can't comment on that lol but yeah a lot of the characters are popular. It doesn't bother me though because most are really likeable, especially Elena.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Yeah, it's a different kinda vibe than h.s. BTVS, where Joss wanted to talk about outsiders.

I like it. I ended up watching the last third of the season while waiting for SPN to come on. At least from the bits I saw before, and whole eps I saw later, they haven't done bad at all for a first season. My only complaint so far is that they keep killing off cool characters before their potential ran out.

Several of my BTVS friends are now watching this, so it gives us something new to talk about, which is cool.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Great show. It's too bad this looks to a lot of people -- my workmates, for instance -- like a Twilight-knockoff because this is really a superb supernatural thriller series. Much much better than the novels it is based on. (Incidentally, also much better than the overrated Supernatural.)

fredXgeorge

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah Anna and Pearl had so much potential. I couldn't believe it when John killed Anna.

I tried to read The Awakening after I got into the tv show but it was so different. I put it down when Elena told Stefan she loved him when they had only been together for a day lol.

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
They should have never killed Anna off.. especially if Jerm is becoming a vampire... they better make him a vampire damn it

fredXgeorge

Registered
Reaction score
Surely he'd have to be, unless he doesn't feed of course, because he took all of Elena's pills. So excited about Katherine!

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I love Vampire Diaries - I was just ticked off at the season Finale that showed lazy writing. I mean - why wouldn't Damon know that Elaina was really Katherine? Can't vampires smell a human a mile away? Ugh!

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
I love love love love it! Its my guilty pleasure. And I hate vampires these days.

But I feel like there will always be a special place in my heart for vampire diaries because I read them in the 90s as a wee-6th grader. They came before Twilight and all the other crap for me. When I heard they were making it into a show, I was stoked.

I got over Elana having brown hair instead of white blond, and realized that it's just a show BASED off the books so although it's not accurate, I still love it. I also haven't yet seen the season finale, but it's DVR'd so hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
I want to get in on this series, but I've missed so much of it already. Is it available on dvd? Or is there some place I can catch up?

I'm hearing a lot of good things about it, including how it's legions better than Supernatural, which I couldn't get into at all.

fredXgeorge

Registered
Reaction score
Chey, the finale was AMAZING.

I don't think the dvd will be out for a while seeing as the season only just finished but go onto tvduck .com, they have heaps of places online to watch it :)

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
I love Vampire Diaries - I was just ticked off at the season Finale that showed lazy writing. I mean - why wouldn't Damon know that Elaina was really Katherine? Can't vampires smell a human a mile away? Ugh!
lol I thought this as well. It's possible since she was wearing her clothes she masked herself with her scent and Damon being so smitten wasn't using his brain at the time.

I love this show though. :)

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Southern Girl, theCW.com has vids of the eps, and you can also watch it several places online, as well as find torrents. The CW will also be airing reruns through the summer.
Next Thursday is the "Pilot":
Four months after a tragic car accident killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena Gilbert and her 15-year-old brother, Jeremy are still adjusting to their new reality. Elena finds comfort with her best friend Bonnie, frenemy Caroline, and former boyfriend Matt, but Jeremy is trying to figure out why Matt's sister, Vicki, is suddenly rejecting him and hanging out with his rival, Tyler. As the school year begins, a handsome and mysterious new student, Stefan Salvatore, fascinates Elena and her friends. Stefan and Elena are immediately drawn to one another, but Elena does not realize that Stefan is hiding a dark, deadly secret - the fact that he is a vampire. At a nighttime bonfire party, Elena and Stefan are getting to know each other when chaos erupts after Vicki is attacked and left bleeding from a savage bite to the neck. Fearing that he knows who is responsible for the attack, Stefan finds that his older brother, Damon Salvatore, has returned to town. Now these two vampire brothers - one good, one evil - are at war for Elena's soul and for the souls of her friends, family and all the residents of Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Damon might have realized by the time he walked off, but since they wanted the reveal to be when she attacked John, they weren't going to have Damon give it away. Logically, of course, he'd notice the lack of heartbeat if nothing else.....I'm sure we'll find out for sure next season.

Supernatural is an excellent show. It's different than TVD, though. You can't really compare them other than they both are based in the supernatural. One's about teenagers living in a town vampires love to hang out in, and the other's about 2 brothers against the forces of evil. If you want romantic relationships, you go with TVD.

Diane Amy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
lol I thought this as well. It's possible since she was wearing her clothes she masked herself with her scent and Damon being so smitten wasn't using his brain at the time.

I love this show though. :)

I also thought that Damon realized something was wrong after he kissed her. He had a confused look on this face and he'd brought his fingers to his lips. To me that said -- the kiss is wrong, Elena doesn't kiss like Katherine.

MoonStone

in touch
Registered
Reaction score
I also thought that Damon realized something was wrong after he kissed her. He had a confused look on this face and he'd brought his fingers to his lips. To me that said -- the kiss is wrong, Elena doesn't kiss like Katherine.
yeah , her lips were probably cold hehe

fredXgeorge

Registered
Reaction score
But, earlier in the season Damon said that if vampires drank blood their bodies acted pretty much human so there probably wouldn't have been much of a difference.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, did a search and did not find a thread. Also looked back through October, so here we go.

Midseason "premiere" tonight. Interesting stuff. Seems that the Gilbert ring is losin' its mojo, eh?

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I caught VD tonight!!!

Great epi too. :D

I usually tweet all over the place during it, but I missed the beginning.

Darkarma

Master-Mage
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched it also, some of the dialogue is predictable as always but the plot itself isn't.

Good overall

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh! Here it is! Search function failed on me. (or my old eyes failed.)

Damon and Elena. Hmmm. I know it's not meant to be (she just always seems so hung up on Stefan), but still a lot of fun to watch. A lot of fun.

I'm kind of getting "over" Klaus, ya know? He's such a tool, and it grates. I did find some of the moments in the beginning of the season (between he and Stefan) to be interesting, and the dynamic between Klaus and his father makes him more "human" in a sense. But, I'm kind of ready for something new here.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya, Crasters. I'm definitely a Stelena fan, but I wish they'd give Damon a break. He's proven to be a good guy -- even as "the bad guy/brother." Man I hated Stefan this season, but I get his reasoning, I guess. Klaus was always a joy to watch, but I'm ready for something too. Like his whole family to arise. I miss Elijah. That's be interesting.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I detest Damon and Elena. She will never love him as much as she does Stefan. I really like the idea of Bonnie and Damon.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya, Crasters. I'm definitely a Stelena fan, but I wish they'd give Damon a break. He's proven to be a good guy -- even as "the bad guy/brother." Man I hated Stefan this season, but I get his reasoning, I guess. Klaus was always a joy to watch, but I'm ready for something too. Like his whole family to arise. I miss Elijah. That's be interesting.

Elijah was the most interesting of the originals, imho. I would love to see more of him.

I think Stefan and Elena have good chemistry, but there is something about watching Damon and Elena together. It just makes me go "oooooo!" like a silly fangirl.

At least it's not like a Sookie thing where the heroine ends up with a different guy in each "book" or "story." I like that Elena tries to stay true to Stefan, but yea, he's being a d-bag hardcore.

The new doctor (aka obvious love interest for Alaric), ugh. I don't know why that whole idea turns me off. I miss Aunt Jenna.

Anjasa

Fantasy Smut? Yes please!
Registered
Reaction score
Does this get better after the first episode? I love Buffy, True Blood, etc., but I couldn't help but feel the acting was just... bad, and the characterization was lacking. It all felt a bit too cliche for me, and the music - oh god, why was there so much music? Not even atmospheric musical pieces, but loud music with lyrics and every song just seemed really crammed in here.

But I'd really /like/ to get into it, if it improves.