Bible verse(s) about mother's love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing some Mother's Day greeting cards on assignment and need one that has a bible verse about a mother's love on the front. I'm googling, but haven't found anything yet. I don't have a bible, believe it or not, but even if I did, I still wouldn't know where to look. Anyway, I thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction.

Thanks. :)

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poppyhullings, the only 'mother love' verse I can think of you probably wouldn't want to use :) ...

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you." (Isaiah 49:15)

Actually, this is a verse about God's love for us, anyway.

BTW, there is probably a thread somewhere about this, but would you mind sharing with me how one goes about getting an assignment with a religious greeting card company?

Last edited:

AmyBA

I'm a believer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amyba.com
Well, this is probably going to be a long shot, but...

There's a book titled Sourcebook for Mothers by Eleanor Doan (Zondervan, 1969)-- you can probably get it through your library (not sure if you have much time for this assignment); it's got a chapter "Banquet and Sermon Seed Thoughts" that refers to more than a dozen Bible verses about motherhood. Here are a couple that might be appropriate:

Proverbs 31:28
"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

Proverbs 31:31
"Give her the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."

The exact quotes might vary a bit depending on which version of the Bible you use, but I hope that helps!

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.

I ended up using four different verses with slightly different tie-in lines to give the editor a choice as to which one she thinks is best to use. Hopefully she'll find at least one of them suitable.

To answer your question, Pat, this greeting card company isn't strictly a religious one, they just wanted several different Mother's Day ideas, like from daughter to mother, from husband to wife, religious, etc. I got an assignment with them by responding to an ad online that a couple of fellow writers shared with me. I sent the company a query letter with samples of my published work and they contacted me with the assignment. I'd give you the link to the ad, but they're no longer looking for freelance writers as far as I know. The ad was listed on www.careerbuilder.com as well as on www.creativehotlist.com in case you want to keep a lookout for other writing jobs. Good luck. :)

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind and helpful replies. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.