• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed for short sci fi story (3800 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
I'm looking for a beta-reader for my new short story, In 18 Months or Less. It's about 3800 words - a bit long for SYW, in my opinion, plus I really don't like posting the entirety of a single work online, even if the forum's password-protected. I will, of course, be happy to read something of approximately equal length for anybody in return (as long as your piece is in a genre I feel I can critique reasonably.)

Genre: Science fiction, though not too heavy. It's a near-future world pretty close to our own.

Feedback: I'd like to know if my character's motivation makes sense, but mostly, I'm looking for general feedback - anything that's holding the story back from being able to compete in a pro market. The only positive comments should be things that really worked well for you, not just things that were "okay," because you felt like you should say something nice.

Publishing: I think I've got the whole cover letter thing down, no help needed there.

Credentials: I would prefer if you've read some of the pro magazines before, but it makes no difference to me what you've written/published.

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.