PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beta or mentor for YA SCI-FI novel: KATABASIS

05-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a beta reader for my YA sci-fi novel called Katabasis. It's approximately 65 000 words. I am just finishing up the edits on the current draft, and thought I would send out feelers for betas. I would classify it as a "light" sci-fi, as it focuses less on computers and spaceships and more on intergalactic politics and the possible new frontiers of technology.

My ideal beta would be someone who is 100% honest, above and beyond everything else, and who also would be interested in developing an ongoing beta relationship! Of course, this doesn't mean that I wouldn't be interested in betas who sugar coat things slightly and who also only want to read this one book of mine. :) Any beta will do! I just feel like I'm kicking around in the dark, and I'd love to have someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much,

fadeaccompli
05-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I've just stumbled across a stretch of free time in which I could beta a novel, though I'm not likely to commit to more than one immediately. PM me if you're interested, and we can talk.

JayD
05-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Well, I'm interested in taking a shot at it. I've always been a fan of light scifi and I've done the beta reader thing a couple of times, so hopefully I can give you what you want. I'll send you a PM with my email address so you can toss me the first few chapters and we'll see how things go.

JayD

05-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks guys! You've been PMed.