• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

My verry first work a quick look (fantasy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmikhailq

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im new to the forum and writing so I hope some of you will help me out. Im not particularly afraid of some stealing my work at this point. Because its only two chapters so far! Anyway I would love it if some one could take a quick look at my first chapter. Remember I have never actively thought about writing before. So this is just what comes up and I write it down. Dont mind the puntuation or grammer I have not bothered correcting it yet. I just want some initial feedback. Do you guys think people would want to read my stuff.

Also out of curiosity does anyone know of a site where I can upload chapter after chapter for free. For example one chapter each month. So people can track its progress for free. I want to see what the masses think aswel. Maybe a blog like twitter? Let me know you thought.

Love you guys for taking the time to read my post and hopefully my first chapter! Let me know if you can spare the time.

Thank you so much,

Mikhail.

new writer 56

Registered
Reaction score
There is a site called fiction press where you can upload stuff for free. It`s the partner site to fan fiction.net. Also, you can PM me a small piece if you like. I write Fantasy too. My age group is MG, but I`m willing to read YA. I might read Adult too as long as its clean.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
You could contact a moderator who can help you move your thread to the Share Your Work forum if you want to try and get several opinions on a passage, or stay in this forum to find some people to work with you privately.

Posting your entire text online in a public fashion can be problematic--publishers want original and unpublished works. So if you have plans to look for an agent and publishing house for this project, you should steer clear of general online posting.

qmikhailq

Registered
Reaction score
@ Swest

Thanks I know the reprocusions of posting online. But what I plan on posting online are short character stories. The main story wil still be in a seperate novel. Do you think the value will drop?

@ new writer 56:

Would love a second opinion there is some minor blood and gore do you mind?

thanks guys,

Mikhail.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
If a publisher finds an exact excerpt (or what they feel is an excerpt) of an "original" submission during an online verification search (pretty common, I think, these days), then they may disqualify a MS as "original". It's a bit dicey.

You might consider blogging original stand-alone shorts if your aim is exposure and general audience critique of your style, plotting and character-development. In which case, any of the blogger community formats would serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.