• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Unfinished YA romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
So, I wanted to polish this WIP as soon as I could. It's a double perspective, YA contemporary romance novel. This is the blurb:

Rule #1: Boys are another species; pretend they don’t exist.

After breaking up with yet another bad boy, Maddy will do anything to avoid heartbreak. So she starts a list: “Rules for Not Falling in Love.” But she falls for Robbie, the guy next door. Right as she’s about to share her feelings to him, he hesitates and she suspects something’s up. When she finds out there was never a Robbie Bailey at his old school, she’s appalled he’d been lying about who he really is. Now she only writes rules directed at him in order to move on.

Robbie is new in town after being put under witness protection. He experiments on Maddy to see if being a good boy makes him luckier with girls. He accidentally turns Maddy off, and she starts avoiding him. Seeing that he’s fallen for her, soon he realizes the only way he can win her heart again is if he’s honest with why he moved next door. But telling anyone could cost him and his family’s safety, especially with the threatening emails sent to his old account that he keeps a secret or else he’ll lose not only his new life with his family, but Maddy, too.

I'd send two chapters at a time, but this can be four initially (until I decide it's better to send two at a time once I start running out of things to send). I've been revising as I go, so it's not first draft stuff at all.

If anyone is interested, please leave a reply or PM me. I would like to have at least five. Also, if anyone would prefer to get the whole thing at one time, I'll contact you when it's finished. This will probably be within 3-4 weeks.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.