PDA

View Full Version : Content needed - All Great Women!

allgreatwomen
05-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I'm currently working to launch a new site dedicated to women and women's issues - All Great Women! We plan to launch this summer and really need content. I'd like to reach out to any writers or aspiring writers. We'll pay for all content.

We've set up a splash page at http://allgreatwomen.weebly.com/ for anyone that may be interested. I hope you will please take a look.

Thanks,
Michelle Riddle
All Great Women!

Ms Hollands
05-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Can you provide more details of the rate of pay? Do you have a target audience (beyond women, of course—age category; country; lifestyle etc.)?

Annayna
05-15-2010, 08:39 AM
I just sent my information we shall see I will keep this updated :D

Char
05-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I just sent my information too. I'll update if I hear anything.

Maryn
05-15-2010, 05:38 PM
allgreatwomen, please see our sticky, "Rules of the Paying Markets Forum (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11828)--Please Read Before Posting a New Thread." Among other things, it asks that you state your pay rate (per word or per item-of-x-number-of-words) in the thread title. You can contact the board's moderator to add to your thread title, since it's already posted.

Why? We've had longstanding issues with people critical of pay rates, especially if they had to read the post here, find the publication's website, find submission guidelines, and only then find the pay rate was one they would not consider. Complete transparency of pay rates, putting them right in the subject line, means writers know immediately whether your post is one they need open or not, leaving no room to be critical.

In the meantime, if you will edit your post to include pay rates, that will go far. And please, don't fret if they're not as high as you'd like to pay. Everybody starts somewhere, and the fact that you pay is a perfectly good start.

Maryn, hoping to sidestep this thread getting slammed

Satori1977
05-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I signed up, but wonder at the pay, since it just says they pay well.

Lavern08
05-21-2010, 10:58 PM
I just sent my information too. I'll update if I hear anything.

Me too. ;)

Annayna
05-22-2010, 01:32 AM
I have yet to hear anything.... Anyone else hear anything yet?

Maryn
05-22-2010, 01:50 AM
One week later, it's looking like a drive-by. I speak only for myself, of course, but I won't submit to anything without having some clue what they're paying. Their 'pay well' may not be mine (or may exceed my wildest dreams), but without information, it's a no-go here.

Maryn, weary of such things

SouthernFriedJulie
05-22-2010, 03:11 AM
I sent my info right after this was posted. Haven't heard a thing.

Medievalist
05-22-2010, 09:58 AM
This is a question, looking for better ways of dealing with this sort of thing.

Let's assume we're dealing with a legit business, that has work for hire writing.

Were someone to contact /require all posters to this sub-forum to answer basic, standard questions--what would be the BASIC things you'd want them to post in an ad/solicitation for writers?

Please add/edit modify by copying and or/adding or editing:

1. Business name

2. Contact name

3. Contact email

4. Type of publications (name of print pub, URL for online)

5. Nature of assignment/submission requirements including date and contact

6. Pay rate in terms of total words/or per words with a total or range

7. Nature of rights being accuired (work for hire, limited exclusive, etc.)

What would be the format /info you'd want?

countrywriter
05-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi,
I sent my info also.
countrywriter

Char
05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
I have yet to hear anything.... Anyone else hear anything yet?

I haven't heard anything either.

Maryn
05-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Let's assume we're dealing with a legit business, that has work for hire writing.

Were someone to contact /require all posters to this sub-forum to answer basic, standard questions--what would be the BASIC things you'd want them to post in an ad/solicitation for writers?

1. Business name

2. Contact name

3. Contact email

What would be the format /info you'd want?I might also want: an active link to submission guidelines whether payment is made on acceptance or on publication whether payment requires use of PayPal or other means of fund transfer (as opposed to mailing checks)

I'd like to see this discussion in its own thread, since a lot of people may never find it in this one. Any chance of that?

Maryn, always with the demands

Chris P
05-26-2010, 05:12 PM

1. Business name

2. Contact name

3. Contact email

What would be the format /info you'd want?

I don't know the technical aspects of such things, but could we incorporate form fields for new threads in "Paying Markets" or even in "NonPaying Markets" where required fields such as those noted here are specified?