PDA

View Full Version : Essences...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

Woof
06-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Hip Hip Hooray! I am E.M. Forster and Woof is "it" again!:TheWave:

And now for the cucumber sandwiches!

With the crusts cut off, I expect, and a nice pot of Earl Grey tea.

...ok, next artist: I am a painter, gone but not forgotten.

scrivener
06-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Hieronymous Bosch?

What body of water would reflect your essence?

JeanneTGC
06-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Are you Claude Monet?

If not, what weather best describes you?

Woof
06-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Hieronymous Bosch?

What body of water would reflect your essence?

I am not Hieronymous Bosch; his paintings will however cause me to have troubled sleep.

My essence is reflected by many bodies of water. I would be hard pressed to choose between the Adriatic sea and the Arno river.

Are you Claude Monet?

Though I am fascinated by the texture and natural design of water lillies, I am not Claude Monet.

Bright, golden sunshine is the pallette from which I draw inspiration.

JeanneTGC
06-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Are you Michaelangelo?

If not, what dessert best describes you?

scrivener
06-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Are you Titian?

No? Then what water vehicle represents you best.

Woof
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Are you Michaelangelo?

If not, what dessert best describes you?

I am not Michelangelo. Though he is a fine sculptor and a competent painter of frescoes, I would not care to share the company of such a quarrelsome drunkard.

Ripe pears and fresh cream, artfully arranged in a small Florentine dish would suit me fine.

Are you Titian?

No? Then what water vehicle represents you best.

I am not Titian. His flesh tones are admirable, but rather than comment on his sense of proportion, it is best that I hold my tongue.

A small sailing vessel designed on the Roman model is my preferred mode of travel on water, except when I am in Venice and enjoy a gondola ride.

scrivener
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Leonardo then, since he cannot be overlooked or over praised. Although there is another whom I cannot leave out, he will have to wait for another turn.

What animal would you be?

Woof
06-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Leonardo then, since he cannot be overlooked or over praised.

Would I be boasting if I were to declare that I am the original Renaissance man? Leonardo I am, and not Di Caprio either.

*passes the torch to scrivener*

scrivener
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I am a character from Greek mythology.

Woof
06-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Ok, let's start at the top. Are you Zeus? If not, what terrain are you?

scrivener
06-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok, let's start at the top. Are you Zeus? If not, what terrain are you?

No, not Zeus.

Terrain: A lovely sylvan glade with a clear stream nearby.

JeanneTGC
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
No, not Zeus.

Are you Artemis?

If not, what kind of weather would you be?

scrivener
06-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you Artemis?

I am not the lovely huntress. My weather is usually mild and gentle although lately it has become dark and filled with sorrrow.

JeanneTGC
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you Demeter?

If not, what kind of fruit would you be?

Woof
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
No, not Zeus.

Are you Narcissus? If not, what clothing are you?

scrivener
06-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Are you Demeter?

If not, what kind of fruit would you be?

Demeter surely had her sorrows but I am not she. For fruit, the list is almost endless. Grapes of course, pomegranates, figs...but none of them define me. I will say my occupation, or essence if you will, attracted many creatures of the woodlands and hillsides. You could say I enchanted them.

scrivener
06-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Not Narcissus. Let him fall in his pool, the silly boy! I could never love myself so much as my heart belongs completely to another.

As for clothing I wear the usual drapery -- or not. We Greeks admired our bodies and practiced no undue modesty.

Woof
06-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Are you Pan? If not, what animal are you?

scrivener
06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Pan and I are descendents of the same line yet we vary in every respect but one, a talent bequethed to us and one which grants the means to commune with all creatures both in sorrow and with gladness.

As an animal I suppose I would liken myself to a faun -- or a singing bird.

JeanneTGC
06-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Are you Bacchus (Dionosius - sp?)?

If not, what clothing best describes you?

scrivener
06-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Are you Bacchus (Dionosius - sp?)?

If not, what clothing best describes you?

Like the great god who is my father (although the genealogy gets a bit complicated), I am the opposite of Dionysus. As to clothing that describes me, well, sometimes I wear a wreath or crown of leaves but these are merely ornaments and not the laurel of the victor. Nature herself is my clothing!

JeanneTGC
06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Like the great god who is my father (although the genealogy gets a bit complicated), I am the opposite of Dionysus. As to clothing that describes me, well, sometimes I wear a wreath or crown of leaves but these are merely ornaments and not the laurel of the victor. Nature herself is my clothing!
ARe you Hermes?

If not, what ocean best describes you?

scrivener
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM
ARe you Hermes?

If not, what ocean best describes you?

Hermes, Pan and I have attributes in common. I am perhaps the quietest of the three in the sense that I am a singer and a poet. Hermes is of course the messenger, and much else, a very busy being! Pan, well, much as I love him, he does smell like a goat. Hermes was born in a cave and ever after had a fondness for the underground which sometimes got him into a great deal of trouble. I owe a debt to him, however, though it makes me weep to think of that journey.

The ocean? Homer's sea during the halcion days.

Woof
06-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Are you Apollo? If not, what sound are you?

JeanneTGC
06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Are you Orpheus?

If not, what appetizer best describes you?

scrivener
06-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Laurels and libations for Jeanne! I am Orpheus and with my lyre I sing your praises.

Woof
06-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Ah! Orpheus in his underwear! err..sorry, I meant Orpheus of the underworld. Yes, congrats to you, Jeanne!

scrivener
06-09-2007, 04:08 PM
very nice poetry, Woof. Charming.;)

Woof
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Fangs, scriv. :D

JeanneTGC
06-10-2007, 05:04 AM
LOL! And, whoo hoo, I'm "it" again! (As always, this catches me unawares and unprepared.)

Okay...I'm an artist, deceased.

scrivener
06-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Are you Picasso?

What fish would you be?

(Whatever you do, don't be a tree. See previous posts.)

JeanneTGC
06-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Are you Picasso?

What fish would you be?

(Whatever you do, don't be a tree. See previous posts.)
I think that I would never be...Picasso.

(What kind of fish? What kind of FISH??? Where do you come up with these?!? LOL)

I would be a rainbow trout, catching the sun's beautiful light on my scales.

scrivener
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Andy Warhol?

Which of the seven deadly sins would you be...metaphorically speaking, of course.:e2fish: :e2fish: :e2fish:

Woof
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Are you Van Gogh? If not, what currency are you?

JeanneTGC
06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Andy Warhol?

Which of the seven deadly sins would you be...metaphorically speaking, of course.:e2fish: :e2fish: :e2fish:
I am not Warhol, who strikes me as a good marketer but not so great an artist.

I would be lust. It turned out well for me.

JeanneTGC
06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Are you Van Gogh? If not, what currency are you?
I am not poor Vincent. So misunderstood.

I would be a franc, increasing as my days increased.

Woof
06-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Are you Renoir? If not, what kind of landscape are you?

JeanneTGC
06-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Are you Renoir? If not, what kind of landscape are you?
I am not Renoir.

I am a field on a sunny day, dappled with shade and light.

Woof
06-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Are you Monet? If not, what kind of dwelling are you?

JeanneTGC
06-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Are you Monet? If not, what kind of dwelling are you?
I am indeed Claude Monet! And, you, Woof, are now "it"!

Woof
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
...ok, here's an artform we don't seem to visit too often: I am a dead composer.

JeanneTGC
06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
...ok, here's an artform we don't seem to visit too often: I am a dead composer.
Are you Mozart?

Woof
06-11-2007, 11:32 PM
No, I don't think I'm Wolfgang. The weather? Changeable I guess. Some days it's sunny, other days it's rainy. There's the cold and snow of winter. And you know, I've even been seein' a bit of smog lately.

JeanneTGC
06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
No, I don't think I'm Wolfgang. The weather? Changeable I guess. Some days it's sunny, other days it's rainy. There's the cold and snow of winter. And you know, I've even been seein' a bit of smog lately.
You don't *think* you're Wolfgang? Ummm...are you a Californian?

If not, what kind of mental state would you be?

Woof
06-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Californian? Sometimes, I'd say. That is when I'm not on the east coast.

Mental state. That's a tough one, doll. Some said I was a genius, but the old faculties really went haywire near the end.

JeanneTGC
06-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Californian? Sometimes, I'd say. That is when I'm not on the east coast.

Mental state. That's a tough one, doll. Some said I was a genius, but the old faculties really went haywire near the end.
Are you Jerry Garcia?

If not, what ice cream flavor would you be?

Woof
06-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Jerry Garcia? Nope, 'fraid not. I think old Jerry would consider me a bit too highbrow for his crowd. Ice cream? Gosh. Whatever they sell in Central Park is fine with me, but if you pin me down, I'd have to say French vanilla. I love anything French.

JeanneTGC
06-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Jerry Garcia? Nope, 'fraid not. I think old Jerry would consider me a bit too highbrow for his crowd. Ice cream? Gosh. Whatever they sell in Central Park is fine with me, but if you pin me down, I'd have to say French vanilla. I love anything French.
I got nothin'.

What kind of clothing would you be?

scrivener
06-12-2007, 03:07 AM
The question has to be asked...

Are you Elvis?

What animal? Hound dog?

Woof
06-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Elvis? Hahahaha. Good heavens, no. Just because I compose popular tunes, doesn't exclusively make me a--what do you call them these days-- a "pop musician"? My music crosses over, but I still think of myself as a serious classical composer.

Well, if I were a dog maybe I'd choose one with style and a bit of chutzpah. How about a poodle, like the ones I saw on the boulevards of Paris. A French poodle perhaps, but I'm still quintessentially American. In fact, the French composer Ravel complimented me when he said that my music was the most authentic and original American music he had ever heard.

Woof
06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I got nothin'.

Sorry about that...I almost forgot your question. A finely tailored suit during the day when I'm meeting friends for lunch or business meetings, a tuxedo for one of my lavish Park Avenue soirees, and of course tails when I'm performing in concert.

scrivener
06-12-2007, 07:39 PM
George Gershwin?

What Broadway musical would you be?

JeanneTGC
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Are you Cole Porter?

If not, what landscape would you be?

Woof
06-12-2007, 10:23 PM
George Gershwin?

Embrace me,
My sweet embraceable you.
Embrace me,
You irreplaceable you.
Just one look at you -- my heart grew tipsy in me;
You and you alone bring out the gipsy in me.
I love all
The many charms about you;
Above all
I want my arms about you.
Don't be a naughty baby,
Come to papa -- come to papa -- do!
My sweet embraceable you.

-----------------------------------------------

You guessed it sweetheart! Who else could write music like that? With a little lyrical help from my brother Ira, of course.

...and scriverino--you is next!

scrivener
06-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Oh gosh. Blush.

I am a living writer.

JeanneTGC
06-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh gosh. Blush.

I am a living writer.
Are you Stephen King?

If not, what kind of weather are you?

scrivener
06-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh Horrors! No! Not Stephen King. He writes well, I only wish he had chosen a more palatable, er, palette.

My weather is that of a scholar -- a little dry at times, charged on other occasions, mysterious, groping, damp...sometimes a breath of ancient air from pages long unlooked upon, and then Hoorah! The hot blaze of neon from Las Vegas' most unholy strip.

JeanneTGC
06-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh Horrors! No! Not Stephen King. He writes well, I only wish he had chosen a more palatable, er, palette.

My weather is that of a scholar -- a little dry at times, charged on other occasions, mysterious, groping, damp...sometimes a breath of ancient air from pages long unlooked upon, and then Hoorah! The hot blaze of neon from Las Vegas' most unholy strip.
Ummm...are you Philip Roth?

If not, what kind of clothing would you be?

scrivener
06-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Ummm...are you Philip Roth?

If not, what kind of clothing would you be?

Ummm...no.

My clothing is what a person of international renown would wear: Italian suits, tailored of course. Handmade Italian shoes, shirts and ties of the finest quality purchased from designers in many countries. I am not foppish in the least but after a rather slow start much has been given to me (which is not to say I have not worked hard and earned my place)and I see nothing wrong with enjoying it. We are, all of us, mortal.

Woof
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Are you Norman Mailer? If not, what kind of restaurant are you?

scrivener
06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Runnin' with the big dogs now, huh? Sorry, not Norman Mailer.

When I am in New York I always try to have at least one meal at my favorite restaurant, Lattinzi. Out of this world. In Paris, I have so many choices, but I usually find myself at L'Epi Dupin. I have been going there for so long it seems like home. But best of all, I know of a few little hole in the wall trattorias in my own country and sometimes they are more welcome than all the five star places. Also there are some home kitchens that no one else knows but me and a few friends where the red wine and cheese and coarse country bread go well with an all night conversation. These days I get there so seldom but the images stay fresh in my mind. A tapestry of food!

JeanneTGC
06-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Are you Tom Wolfe?

If not, what musical instrument would you be?

scrivener
06-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Are you Tom Wolfe?

If not, what musical instrument would you be?

No, not Tom Wolfe.

Musical instrument: A complete symphony orchestra or an advanced synthesizer with the capability of both solo and multiple production. Depending on the occasion, it could also be a deep Oriental flute or a glass harmonica interacting with wind, water, a woman singing as she works.

Woof
06-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you Gore Vidal? If not, what art gallery are you?

scrivener
06-14-2007, 03:49 AM
Are you Gore Vidal? If not, what art gallery are you?

I am not Gore Vidal although I may have met him.

Through no particular act of my own I have become associated with the Louvre and I know it well. I am not an admirer of Dan Brown but he makes references to my work in his notorious Da Vinci Code. Actually one of my own works of fiction opens with scenes in the Louvre and I suppose that as the world's most international art collection it could represent me and my world view.

Hint: I am not an American writer.

JeanneTGC
06-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Patented JeanneTGC Blind Guess: Are you Salman Rhushdi? (probably butchered that spelling)

If not, what alcoholic beverage would you be?

scrivener
06-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Salman Rushdie and I share a common urge to burst beyond the boundaries of language and linear narrataive. I am more of a philosopher, a theorist, whereas he is an unrestrained librettist of the human condition.

A good wine. Those from the Piedmont are splendid and bring back many memories.

Woof
06-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Are you Martin Amis? And my typically sly question: What currency are you?

JeanneTGC
06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Sittin' on the dock of the bay...with absolutely nothing.

What body of water best describes you?

scrivener
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Are you Martin Amis? And my typically sly question: What currency are you?

I am not Martin Amis. I could be any currency as I travel so much giving lectures and attending symposia. Probably the Euro is the one I use the most now; however, I did spend quite a bit of time in the Far East not so long ago and of course I am in the UK and the US often.

scrivener
06-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Sittin' on the dock of the bay...with absolutely nothing.

What body of water best describes you?

A reflecting pool. Perhaps, with some amusement I would suggest the small pool included in the KRYPTOS sculpture located in the inner courtyard of the Pentagon. Yes. Absolutely.

JeanneTGC
06-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Less than nothing. Are you Khaled Hosseini?

If not, what kind of vehicle would you be?

Woof
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Are you V.S. Naipaul? If not, what emotion are you?

scrivener
06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Less than nothing. Are you Khaled Hosseini?

If not, what kind of vehicle would you be?

Alas, no. I am not Hosseini.

The vehicle which transports me is my own mind and its ability to assimilate individual items or ideas into fields of comprehension.

(The above may be a maddening statement. Do I sense a bit of frustrataion?)

scrivener
06-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Are you V.S. Naipaul? If not, what emotion are you?

I am not V.S. Naipaul but that is a courageous guess and not far off the mark. As to emotion, I am consumed by curiosity. My characters experience fear, confusion, wonder and amazement. Their world is primarily medieval, filled with the terror and stunned by the miracles of those times.

scrivener
06-15-2007, 06:28 PM
To both of you, I feel we are reaching the limits of this effort. Think of a novel that came out in the 1980's and gained world acclaim despite its obscure passages and references, its long meanderings in Latin. It is a mystery essentially, set in a 14th century monastery. The author credits Borges and Joyce as his inspirations.

Woof
06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
...and if this guess is wrong, I shall scrape my fingertips on poisoned parchment--are you Umberto Eco? If not, I give up.

JeanneTGC
06-16-2007, 02:43 AM
...and if this guess is wrong, I shall scrape my fingertips on poisoned parchment--are you Umberto Eco? If not, I give up.
I am praying Woof is right, because, if you're NOT Eco, I have NADA!

(Scrivener is, by far, the best read!)

Woof
06-16-2007, 03:36 AM
(Scrivener is, by far, the best read!)

That's for sure. I bet she has her whiskers buried in a book as we speak.

scrivener
06-16-2007, 06:04 AM
My whiskers are fine, thank you. Faint aroma of tuna...

And, guess what? You are right, Woof! I am Umberto Eco and you can wag wag wag wag. Even go Walkies if you are good!:e2cheer: :e2cheer: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy:

A heroic effort by everyone!

Woof
06-16-2007, 04:17 PM
My whiskers are fine, thank you. Faint aroma of tuna...

Tuna? Ah yes. Reading The Old Man And The Sea again? No wait, that was a marlin. Anyway, I know you can't get enough of Ernest Hemingway. ;)

And, guess what? You are right, Woof! I am Umberto Eco and you can wag wag wag wag. Even go Walkies if you are good!:e2cheer: :e2cheer: :Trophy: :Trophy: :Trophy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy:

A heroic effort by everyone!

*raises paw, gives a high five*
--------------------------------------------

I am a writer, gone to eternal rest.

scrivener
06-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Are you Ernest Hemingway? :hat:

What kind of jacket would you be? (And don't you dare say "Yellow.")

Woof
06-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Are you Ernest Hemingway? :hat:

Lol. I deserved that.

What kind of jacket would you be? (And don't you dare say "Yellow.")

Ok, potato. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Of all the impertinence! A jacket, indeed! A jacket would be exceedingly improper for a person of my sex, except in the most unnatural of circumstances. I would be a dress, a frock or a gown.

JeanneTGC
06-17-2007, 06:11 AM
(Curses! Scrivener took my Hemingway guess! :ROFL: )

Are you Jane Austen?

scrivener
06-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Sorry! Don't have a hissy fit, dear.

Are you Edith Wharton?

Probably not, so what currency would you permit?

Woof
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Are you Jane Austen?

And so I am. I know I gave it away by choosing a woman author and attempting the language of the period, but I just couldn't resist...and now it is our expectation that our dear sister Jeanne will make bold, if that is her inclination, to assume the role of another personage possessed of those qualities and sensibilities which we deem to be of an artistic nature.*

*The wordiness of the language in Jane Austen's time is the main reason why text messaging never caught on.

scrivener
06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
LOL Woof. How about you put Jane's purloined verbiage into a text message for us? :roll:

Woof
06-17-2007, 11:11 PM
LOL Woof. How about you put Jane's purloined verbiage into a text message for us? :roll:

Modern text message:

hey, how u doin' babe? busy? wanna hook up?

The Jane Austen equivalent:

My dearest beloved,

Trusting that this communication finds you in good and temperate health, I should like, though I do not wish to impose upon your sweet and generous nature, to enquire whether you are presently engaged. If not, would you consider welcoming the company of one who most ardently seeks your attention?

I remain,

Your most humble servant.

JeanneTGC
06-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Wow...talk about a tough act to follow!

I don't know which is harder -- guessing or trying to come up with an "it" that is both a bit challenging and where I'm able to give decent clues. But I'll give it a go. :D

I am an author, deceased.

scrivener
06-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey Woof! Pretty darn good! I'm sure Ms. Austin would be pleasantly surprised. In fact, she is in reincarnation mode and desires the pleasure of your company. She is penning a note as we speak.

A deceased author. Hmm.

Oh, let's see. Samuel Johnson.

No? What musical instrument would you be?

Woof
06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey Woof! Pretty darn good! I'm sure Ms. Austin would be pleasantly surprised. In fact, she is in reincarnation mode and desires the pleasure of your company. She is penning a note as we speak.

Thanks scriv...jeeze, I better hustle! I don't think Jane will look upon me too kindly if I walk in the door wearing a t-shirt & shorts. Anybody know where I can find a swallow-tailed coat and top hat pronto? And what do you think I should bring? A container of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey? Nah, that might freak her out. I'll bring flowers. They're always safe.

And oh yes, a deceased author. Are you Henry James? If not, what mode of correspondance are you?

JeanneTGC
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM

A deceased author. Hmm.

Oh, let's see. Samuel Johnson.

No? What musical instrument would you be?
Not Mr. Johnson.

I would be the violin.

JeanneTGC
06-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks scriv...jeeze, I better hustle! I don't think Jane will look upon me too kindly if I walk in the door wearing a t-shirt & shorts. Anybody know where I can find a swallow-tailed coat and top hat pronto? And what do you think I should bring? A container of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey? Nah, that might freak her out. I'll bring flowers. They're always safe.

And oh yes, a deceased author. Are you Henry James? If not, what mode of correspondance are you?
I believe the lady would indeed prefer flowers to some oddly named iced treat.

I am certainly not Henry James. I am a well-written letter, brief when necessary, longer when required.

scrivener
06-19-2007, 02:15 AM
:e2violin: George Sand?

What sympnony orchestra would you be?

JeanneTGC
06-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Not George Sand.

I find Mozart's music to be quite clever and charming. However, I can also see the positive sides to Wagner.

scrivener
06-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Not George Sand.

I find Mozart's music to be quite clever and charming. However, I can also see the positive sides to Wagner.

Then you should be very happy. The Salzburg and Beyreuth festivals are warming up, although you should have bought your tickets in 1996 probably.

What currency are you?

JeanneTGC
06-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Then you should be very happy. The Salzburg and Beyreuth festivals are warming up, although you should have bought your tickets in 1996 probably.

What currency are you?
The British pound, and proud of it.

scrivener
06-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Are you Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?

If not, what illegal drug would you be? Of course it might be perfectly legal in medical practice...)

(Psst. Whispering now. Do you believe in fairies?)

JeanneTGC
06-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Are you Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?

If not, what illegal drug would you be? Of course it might be perfectly legal in medical practice...)

(Psst. Whispering now. Do you believe in fairies?)
(I DO believe in fairies! And I'd be cocaine ;) ) Because I am indeed Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Scrivener wins again and is now "it"! :partyguy:

scrivener
06-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll try not to cause a mutiny.

Okay. I am a dead author and teller of tales.

Woof
06-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle! Wow, scriv, you really sniffed that one out swiftly. I swear, you're the Sherlock Holmes of felines. :cool:

A dead author and teller of tales, hmm? Are you Mark Twain? If not, what manner of transport are ye?

scrivener
06-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle! Wow, scriv, you really sniffed that one out swiftly. I swear, you're the Sherlock Holmes of felines. :cool:

A dead author and teller of tales, hmm? Are you Mark Twain? If not, what manner of transport are ye?

No, not Mark, measuring the Mississippi. My transport was usually on foot.

Woof
06-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Are you Chaucer? If not, what coin of the realm might you be?

scrivener
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Woof! Woof! Arrroooo! I am Chaucer. I was planning a journey to Canterbury...but well, I see now the yonge Sunne will have to go without me. I'll just stay at the Tabard and have a tankard or two.

Makes you It Woof. Saves me a lot of footwear.

Woof
06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Er that I ferther in this gayme pace
Me thynketh it acordaunt to resoun
To telle yow al that I be a scryvenor
Of books longe tyme in my grave.

JeanneTGC
06-21-2007, 02:55 AM
Er that I ferther in this gayme pace
Me thynketh it acordaunt to resoun
To telle yow al that I be a scryvenor
Of books longe tyme in my grave.
Long time, so...probably not Hemingway. ;)

What kind of weather would you be?

Woof
06-21-2007, 05:43 AM
Long time, so...probably not Hemingway. ;)

What kind of weather would you be?

Hemingway?!!!!!! Again???!!!!! umm... just thought I'd mention "The Hemingway Curse" in case anyone's interested. The next person to utter that name will have their armpits spontaneously burst into flames. Don't say you haven't been warned.

The weather. Could we not say that the sun which shines down upon we mortals in this land most of our days is like the true eye of heaven, which in its wisdom and love cares for all living beings within its gaze?

JeanneTGC
06-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Hemingway?!!!!!! Again???!!!!! umm... just thought I'd mention "The Hemingway Curse" in case anyone's interested. The next person to utter that name will have their armpits spontaneously burst into flames. Don't say you haven't been warned.

The weather. Could we not say that the sun which shines down upon we mortals in this land most of our days is like the true eye of heaven, which in its wisdom and love cares for all living beings within its gaze?
Hemingway! (I live on the EDGE, baby!) (No flames...sorry Woof, try again next guess.;) )

Are you Robert Louis Stevenson?

If not, what kind of dessert would you be?

scrivener
06-21-2007, 08:18 AM
You sound so much like...someone. Francis Bacon? Probably before his
time. And the sun can never be relied upon in England.

What royal coat of arms would you be? I mean metaphorically but admit that's cheating a bit.

On second or third thought -- any coat of arms. you can make one up, with flaming armpits!

Woof
06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hemingway! (I live on the EDGE, baby!) (No flames...sorry Woof, try again next guess.;) )

...damn! My remote control armpit igniter is out of batteries!

Are you Robert Louis Stevenson?

I am not he, but by Jove, can we say that we are not all half man/half beast as the man proposed?

I am ambrosia.

Woof
06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
You sound so much like...someone. Francis Bacon? Probably before his
time. And the sun can never be relied upon in England.

What royal coat of arms would you be? I mean metaphorically but admit that's cheating a bit.

On second or third thought -- any coat of arms. you can make one up, with flaming armpits!

My place in time hails long before he.

On my coat of arms sits the owl*, for is his wisdom and nobility not a fitting symbol of our city and our king?

*in all truth the owl is not vexed by flaming armpits because he has none to speak of.

scrivener
06-21-2007, 05:43 PM
The owl was sacred to Athena, daughter of the above "by Jove." And of course she loved ambrosia.

If not the grey-eyed goddess, then what animal are you?

Woof
06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I am not Athena, though I revere her as do all the citizens of Athens.

I would repeat that I am an owl, but if I am obliged to put forward a secondary animal I will say that I am an old fox. I am old indeed and some have bestowed kindness on me by claiming that I am wise, while others have hounded me because of my ideas. Is it not always the case that in every age new ideas are considered dangerous by those who feel threatened by change?

JeanneTGC
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Are you Homer?

If not, what method of transportation are you?

Woof
06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
I am not Homer, but oh that I could write verse like he!

My method of transportation is mainly by foot; on occasion I have travelled by oxcart and a wealthy nobleman once conveyed me to the amphitheatre by chariot.

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I am not Homer, but oh that I could write verse like he!

My method of transportation is mainly by foot; on occasion I have travelled by oxcart and a wealthy nobleman once conveyed me to the amphitheatre by chariot.
Are you Socrates? (If not, I'm getting confused...are you a writer or a character?)

Woof
06-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Are you Socrates? (If not, I'm getting confused...are you a writer or a character?)

I never met a hemlock tree I didn't hate. Socrates I am. The olympic flame is passed to Jeanne*

*dangerously close to the armpits, as it happens.

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I never met a hemlock tree I didn't hate. Socrates I am. The olympic flame is passed to Jeanne*

*dangerously close to the armpits, as it happens.
*but, since I'm an American girl and keep my pits nice and fur-free, there was no risk of inflammation of any kind*

Whoo hoo! Me again! Um...dangit. It's actually easier to guess than be "it".

Heh, heh, heh. I could rectify that easily enough, of course...:e2seesaw:

I am an author...deceased. :D

Woof
06-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Are you Ernes...uh...no...nix on that. Are you D.H. Lawrence? If not, what beverage are you?

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Are you Ernes...uh...no...nix on that. Are you D.H. Lawrence? If not, what beverage are you?
Not Lawrence.

I'm a strong and hearty beer.

Woof
06-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Are you James Joyce? If not, what style of clothing are you?

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Are you James Joyce? If not, what style of clothing are you?
I am not Joyce.

I would be a hunter's jacket, something hearty, useful and fully of vigor.

Woof
06-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Are you Jack London? If not, what kind of landscape are you?

scrivener
06-22-2007, 08:02 AM
:guns: Jack London sounds good to me. But...Dick Cheney? Oh no, he's still alive and now I'm on another Person of Interest list.

What type of firearm would you be? (This is always a question that brings interesting results from women.)

I'll throw in a wild card: Faulkner?

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Are you Jack London? If not, what kind of landscape are you?
I'm not London.

I'd be a beachfront, tossed by waves and wind, but strong and simple in my beauty.

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 08:19 AM
:guns: Jack London sounds good to me. But...Dick Cheney? Oh no, he's still alive and now I'm on another Person of Interest list.

What type of firearm would you be? (This is always a question that brings interesting results from women.)

I'll throw in a wild card: Faulkner?
Not Cheney, though he and I might get along. Not Faulkner.

I'd be an elephant gun.

scrivener
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Okay, pass the Hemlock. I'll guess Ernest Hemingway.

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Okay, pass the Hemlock. I'll guess Ernest Hemingway.
:roll: :hooray:

I have NEVER enjoyed this game so much as this last time as "it". And I gave SUCH good clues, too...particularly the FIRST one.

Yes, I am Ernest "Papa Roach" Hemingway. (Hey, sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Besides...he loved cats, so I always have to give him major points there.)

And Scrivener is "it". :D

scrivener
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Jeanne, you are a genius! That is so funny. I wondered who would deviously sneak Hemingway in and -- guess who! You! And here I was thinking I was an idiot and thrashing around in the elelphant grass with Wikipedia and a man named Bunny. You have made my day and your name isn't even Clint.

Now, however the burden shifts. OOF, that elephant gun is heavy. I think I'll hunt in other climes.

I am a writer. Deceased. Mourned by a few, puzzled over by many.

Take that.

JeanneTGC
06-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Shockingly, I got nothin'. I had a nibble of an idea of a guess, but an actual name, or even the idea of a name, keeps on eluding me.

So, back to basics. What kind of weather would you be?

scrivener
06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Shockingly, I got nothin'. I had a nibble of an idea of a guess, but an actual name, or even the idea of a name, keeps on eluding me.

So, back to basics. What kind of weather would you be?

Continental.

Woof
06-22-2007, 09:14 PM
:roll: :hooray:
Yes, I am Ernest "Papa Roach" Hemingway. (Hey, sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Besides...he loved cats, so I always have to give him major points there.)

Doh! :Hammer:

Oh, but aren't you the clever one!

Continental.

Um...Truman Capote? And if not, what kind of bird are you?

scrivener
06-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Doh! :Hammer:

Oh, but aren't you the clever one? Um...Truman Capote? And if not, what kind of bird are you?

Alas, I am not Truman Capote, although he and I had certain interests in common.

OOps. Forgot the bird. A short, heavy bird. A puffin maybe or the greater prairie chicken.

Woof
06-23-2007, 12:40 AM
*coughs, clears throat* tweet?

JeanneTGC
06-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Argh, argh, argh. I can still just see the whisps of who I think this is, but name and works is eluding me.

So, what kind of dessert would you be?

scrivener
06-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Argh, argh, argh. I can still just see the whisps of who I think this is, but name and works is eluding me.

So, what kind of dessert would you be?

Brownies

scrivener
06-23-2007, 01:22 AM
*coughs, clears throat* tweet?

Is that a question?
:e2shrug:

JeanneTGC
06-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Are you J.M. Barrie?

If not, what kind of footwear would you be?

scrivener
06-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Are you J.M. Barrie?

If not, what kind of footwear would you be?

Nope.

Sensible shoes. You know, the clunky kind with a short sturdy heel.

JeanneTGC
06-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Nope.

Sensible shoes. You know, the clunky kind with a short sturdy heel.
Oh MAN. Are you Gertrude Stein?

If not, what kind of outerwear would you be?

scrivener
06-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Oh MAN. Are you Gertrude Stein?

If not, what kind of outerwear would you be?
http://www.frensley.net/AMBLU.jpg

Of course I'm Gertrude Stein! I've been driving in the Paris rain all day and
I'm ready for some of your "special" brownies, Alice. Meanwhile, I'll put my feet up and have a cigar while Jeanne wonders what to do next!

JeanneTGC
06-23-2007, 04:49 AM
http://www.frensley.net/AMBLU.jpg

Of course I'm Gertrude Stein! I've been driving in the Paris rain all day and
I'm ready for some of your "special" brownies, Alice. Meanwhile, I'll put my feet up and have a cigar while Jeanne wonders what to do next!
:Clap: Brava! Brava! :Clap:

And, um, erm...gimme a minute or two to come up with something...

Oh, heck, I have it already! (It was who I was going to do before I realized I HAD to do Hemingway.)

I am an author, deceased.

scrivener
06-24-2007, 06:02 AM
What city are you?

JeanneTGC
06-24-2007, 07:20 AM
What city are you?
St. Petersburg

scrivener
06-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Did Hemingway go to St. Petersburg? Ouch!!!

Do you mean St. Petersburg, Russia? I am guessing you do so

Are you Pushkin?

What type of evening wear did you favor?

Where's the Woof Man?

JeanneTGC
06-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Did Hemingway go to St. Petersburg? Ouch!!!

Do you mean St. Petersburg, Russia? I am guessing you do so

Are you Pushkin?

What type of evening wear did you favor?

Where's the Woof Man?
Not Pushkin, thank you very much.

I don't think one needs to gussy up in order to impress. You can make your way in the world dressed as a king or a tramp, if you're the right kind.

(No idea where Woof is hiding. Perhaps living a more interesting life than we?)

scrivener
06-24-2007, 11:05 AM
What form of transportation?

JeanneTGC
06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
What form of transportation?
I think by foot does a man the most good. Of course, train is probably the best way to see a country, don't you find? Then again, boats are also excellent. Really, I'd just be the best kind of transportation for the given situation.

Woof
06-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Are you Chekhov? If not, what kind of terrain are you?

JeanneTGC
06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Are you Chekhov? If not, what kind of terrain are you?
I am not Chekhov.

I am spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountains majesty and fruited plains.

Woof
06-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I am not Chekhov.

I am spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountains majesty and fruited plains.

Hmm...confusing...words from America The Beautiful, but we're seeking a Russian, unless it's St. Petersburg, Fla. Or maybe the words are purely descriptive...hmmm...ok, one more Russian before heading to the sunshine state...are you Dostoevsky? If not, what currency are you?

JeanneTGC
06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Hmm...confusing...words from America The Beautiful, but we're seeking a Russian, unless it's St. Petersburg, Fla. Or maybe the words are purely descriptive...hmmm...ok, one more Russian before heading to the sunshine state...are you Dostoevsky? If not, what currency are you?
Not Dostoevsky.

I'm a million pound note.

scrivener
06-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Hmmm...indeed. Mark Twain wrote a story called "A Million Pound Note."
A movie version was produced by the Brits in the 1950's about a down on his luck American who receives such a note on a bet. That would make the location more likely St. Petersburg, Florida -- However, the movie takes place in London. I asked that question early on and got no answer. It is confusing. :rant:

JeanneTGC
06-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Hmmm...indeed. Mark Twain wrote a story called "A Million Pound Note."
A movie version was produced by the Brits in the 1950's about a down on his luck American who receives such a note on a bet. That would make the location more likely St. Petersburg, Florida -- However, the movie takes place in London. I asked that question early on and got no answer. It is confusing. :rant:
Is that a guess or just a musing? :D

ETA: Remember, you can't ask me IF I'm in Russia or the UK or the USA. You have to ask me what country my essence would be. It just happened that when you asked city, I answered with the city that is my essence, St. Petersburg.

scrivener
06-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Well, okay. Is your royal essence St. Petersburg, Russia or St. Petersburg, Florida?

JeanneTGC
06-26-2007, 03:51 AM
Well, okay. Is your royal essence St. Petersburg, Russia or St. Petersburg, Florida?
Neither. :)

But, I am not royalty, at least, not as how I think you mean. Literary royalty, sure. But I am not a prince, though I'm sure some thought of me as a prince of a fellow.

Woof
06-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Whoa! This one is murder! Are you Peter Ustinov (a writer as well as an actor)?
If not, I shall drown myself in a bottle of vodka. Failing that, what emotion are you?

scrivener
06-26-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm already on my second vodka 100 proof.
What
fud...er...food

r

yooo#

JeanneTGC
06-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Whoa! This one is murder! Are you Peter Ustinov (a writer as well as an actor)?
If not, I shall drown myself in a bottle of vodka. Failing that, what emotion are you?
I'm not Ustinov.

I'm a good, long, hearty laugh.

JeanneTGC
06-26-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm already on my second vodka 100 proof.
What
fud...er...food

r

yooo#
I guess I'd be pretty darned standard American fare -- steak and potatoes.

JeanneTGC
06-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Hint: Go back and read posts 3414 and 3415 carefully.

Woof
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Hint: Go back and read posts 3414 and 3415 carefully.

Hmm...scrivener never did give you a definitive reply concerning Mark Twain, did she? Ok, what the heck. What have I got to lose but my sanity which is already adrift on an ice floe anyway? Are you in actual fact, Mark Twain?? If not, I shall ask what body of water you are and then proceed to drink the entire contents of the Mississippi.

JeanneTGC
06-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmm...scrivener never did give you a definitive reply concerning Mark Twain, did she? Ok, what the heck. What have I got to lose but my sanity which is already adrift on an ice floe anyway? Are you in actual fact, Mark Twain?? If not, I shall ask what body of water you are and then proceed to drink the entire contents of the Mississippi.
I am indeed that master of American writing, Mark Twain.

BTW, the St. Petersburg reference is because that's the name of the fictional town Tom and Huck were from -- based on Hannibal, MO.

And, Woof, you're now "it"! (And there was much rejoicing ;) ) :partyguy:

Woof
06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, I accept being "it" only if I can give 75% of the credit* to scrivener for mentioning Twain in the first place.

*as well as a large package of extra-spiked catnip.

...um, ok...I'm a living writer/film director.

JeanneTGC
06-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Well, I accept being "it" only if I can give 75% of the credit* to scrivener for mentioning Twain in the first place.

*as well as a large package of extra-spiked catnip.

...um, ok...I'm a living writer/film director.
Are you Kevin Smith?

Woof
06-27-2007, 03:16 AM
No, I'm not Kevin Smith. I think he's taller than me.

The weather would be changeable. Moody, dark and depressing one minute, sunny the next. Everybody complains about it, especially me.

scrivener
06-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Yummm! Thank you for the catnip! If I get woosie and sillier than usual, you'll know who to blame.

Clint Eastwood?

What song would you be?

Woof
06-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Yummm! Thank you for the catnip! If I get woosie and sillier than usual, you'll know who to blame.

Hey, no prob. There's more where that came from, sugar paws.

Clint Eastwood?

What song would you be?

Hah! Clint Eastwood! Now, he's definitely taller than me, and better looking too. I'm only Clint Eastwood in my fantasies.

Whatever song I'd be, you can bet it's nostalgic. The present stinks. Everything was better in the past.

JeanneTGC
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Are you Martin Scorsese?

If not, what dessert are you?

Woof
06-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Martin Scorsese? I'm calling Martin now. He'll be so insulted to have me confused with him. Oh, don't get me wrong. He's a talented man, but have you seen some his movies? My God, they're violent! I had to wear an extra pair of adult diapers just to see the trailer of Taxi Driver.

I would kill for a nice thick slice of New York cheesecake right now. Mind you, I know it'll give me heartburn and I'll be up half the night, but it'll be worth it.

JeanneTGC
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Martin Scorsese? I'm calling Martin now. He'll be so insulted to have me confused with him. Oh, don't get me wrong. He's a talented man, but have you seen some his movies? My God, they're violent! I had to wear an extra pair of adult diapers just to see the trailer of Taxi Driver.

I would kill for a nice thick slice of New York cheesecake right now. Mind you, I know it'll give me heartburn and I'll be up half the night, but it'll be worth it.
Are you Woody Allen?

Woof
06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Are you Woody Allen?

Woody Allen, go figure! Someone was bound to get it sooner or later, because I found myself becoming more neurotic with every post.

....and YOU ARE IT!*

*not cousin It, just It.

JeanneTGC
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Woody Allen, go figure! You were bound to get it sooner or later, because I found myself becoming more neurotic with every post.

....and YOU ARE IT!*

*not cousin It, just It.
I love getting it right!

I hate being it.

LOL!

But not as much as everyone ELSE hates me being it, I'm sure. :D

So, okay -- you guys want a really hard one or a really easy one?

Woof
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
So, okay -- you guys want a really hard one or a really easy one?

How about a really medium one? http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

scrivener
06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Dangit! I was just getting ready to type in Woody Allen! Great minds do think alike. Except when it comes to St. Petersburg. LOL:Headbang: :Headbang: :Hammer: :e2smack: ;)

Congrats Jeanne.

Yeah. It's a medium day. Feels like Monday.

JeanneTGC
06-27-2007, 09:29 PM
How about a really medium one? http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif
Erm...umm...

Okay. If this one isn't "medium" I swear it's not my fault! (Hey, I thought Hemingway and Twain would be easy ones.)

I am a writer, deceased.

scrivener
06-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh, but Hemingway was easy. It merely showed a rare and perverse sense of humor. Personally, I enjoy a twistsed sense of merriment now and then. This latest version of Mark Twain was more like muddy waters.

Okay, got that settled. On to another dead writer. Sure are a lot of them.

What song would you be?

JeanneTGC
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Oh, but Hemingway was easy. It merely showed a rare and perverse sense of humor. Personally, I enjoy a twistsed sense of merriment now and then. This latest version of Mark Twain was more like muddy waters.

Okay, got that settled. On to another dead writer. Sure are a lot of them.

What song would you be?
I'm so tempted to say "a song by Muddy Waters" but I shall refrain. :D

I would be Lonesome Whistle Blues (I Heard That Lonesome Whistle Blues).

scrivener
06-28-2007, 02:32 AM
John Steinbeck?

I really don't have a clue.

What dwelling would you be?

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 06:49 AM
John Steinbeck?

I really don't have a clue.

What dwelling would you be?
Not Steinbeck.

I would be a sturdy log cabin, a wikiup, a small shack with a tin roof...and many more.

scrivener
06-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Not Steinbeck.

I would be a sturdy log cabin, a wikiup, a small shack with a tin roof...and many more.

Jack Kerouac?

What constellation are you?

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Jack Kerouac?

What constellation are you?
Not Kerouac.

I suppose the constellation that best represents me is Libra, since, in my way, I worked for truth and justice.

Woof
06-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Are you Henry David Thoreau? If not, what manner of transportation are you?

scrivener
06-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Not Kerouac.

I suppose the constellation that best represents me is Libra, since, in my way, I worked for truth and justice.

Are you Langston Hughes?

What river would you be?

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Are you Henry David Thoreau? If not, what manner of transportation are you?
I'm not Thoreau.

I would be a Conestoga Wagon.

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Are you Langston Hughes?

What river would you be?
Not Hughes.

I would be the Mighty Mississippi.

Woof
06-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Are you James Fenimore Cooper? If not, what language besides English, sits well with you?

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Are you James Fenimore Cooper? If not, what language besides English, sits well with you?
Not Cooper.

I'm comfortable with all the Native American (Indian) languages.

Woof
06-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Are you Bret Harte? If not, what ocean are you?

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Are you Bret Harte? If not, what ocean are you?
Not Harte.

I'm tempted to say "The Indian Ocean", but really, I touch both that Atlantic and the Pacific. I could be said to have helped to represent the Sea of Change, though.

Woof
06-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Clueless here. Are you Longfellow? If not, what style of clothing are you?

JeanneTGC
06-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Clueless here. Are you Longfellow? If not, what style of clothing are you?
Not Longfellow.

HINT: I am a more modern writer (who is now dead), but I wrote of things of the past.

Ergo, I would be a long riding-duster, an Indian headband, a buffalo-leather jacket.

Woof
06-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Not that I've read your signature about Louis L'Amour being your patron saint or anything.. but are you Louis L'Amour? If not, what animal are you?

JeanneTGC
06-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Not that I've read your signature about Louis L'Amour being your patron saint or anything.. but are you Louis L'Amour? If not, what animal are you?
I am not L'Amour. I'm tempted to say that you're getting warmer, because you are, but that hint can also lead you very far astray.

(and this, folks, was my mid-level one. I think I'm glad I didn't go for "hard")

I would say that I'm the American Buffalo (or Bison, for you purists, of which, truthfully, I am one).

Woof
06-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Are you Zane Gray? If not, what sushi bar do you frequent?...hehe...just kidding. uh...what city best describes your essence?

JeanneTGC
06-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Are you Zane Gray? If not, what sushi bar do you frequent?...hehe...just kidding. uh...what city best describes your essence?
Not Zane Grey (and now you're getting colder. Told you to be careful of that hint)

I think I'd be most like a frontier town, say like Dodge or Tombstone. Though, truly, I was always a more scholarly type, so perhaps a town devoted to study would describe me better.

scrivener
06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Owen Wister?

Who would be most likely to play you in a film or TV series based on your most famous book?

JeanneTGC
06-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Owen Wister?

Who would be most likely to play you in a film or TV series based on your most famous book?
Not Wister.

Hmmm...who would play me? That's tough. We'd need a big, old duffer. Maybe Tommy Lee Jones in another 10 years or so.

As for my most famous book, it's already been made into a movie, just recently, too. (Didn't get the same reviews my book did, I can tell you that. But oh well, I'm dead, not much I can do about it.)

HINT: Since most of my work was of a scholarly nature, it's hard to adapt my books to film.

scrivener
06-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Not Wister.

Hmmm...who would play me? That's tough. We'd need a big, old duffer. Maybe Tommy Lee Jones in another 10 years or so.

As for my most famous book, it's already been made into a movie, just recently, too. (Didn't get the same reviews my book did, I can tell you that. But oh well, I'm dead, not much I can do about it.)

HINT: Since most of my work was of a scholarly nature, it's hard to adapt my books to film.

Ambrose Bierce perhaps? (I am brewing the hemlock now.)

What firearm would express your mysterious identity?

JeanneTGC
06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Ambrose Bierce perhaps? (I am brewing the hemlock now.)

What firearm would express your mysterious identity?
No Bierce.

(People, people, I write NON-FICTION. Does that help? Even a little?)

I would be any gun used in the Old West, Colt .45 for preference, because I was always a straight shooter.

scrivener
06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh. Then you must be Theodore Roosevelt.

JeanneTGC
06-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Oh. Then you must be Theodore Roosevelt.
LOL! No. When I was born, Teddy only had another decade or so to live.

JeanneTGC
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
*sigh* Have I killed the game again? I don't MEAN to kill the game. I didn't think this one was actually very hard. They'd have guessed it by now in the Westerns thread...

Woof
07-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I have run out of Western writers, except...are you Max Brand? If not, what university are you?

JeanneTGC
07-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I have run out of Western writers, except...are you Max Brand? If not, what university are you?
I'm not Max Brand. I was primarily a writer of non-fiction, and that's how most if not all would think of me.

I'd be the University of Little Rock.

Woof
07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

:Headbang: :Hammer:

:Headbang: :Hammer:

scrivener
07-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I agree with Woof! Nothing comes to mind. And whatever happened to the lonesome locomotive?

With my last breath I will hazard a guess for Bernard DeVoto. There is also somebody named Robert Palmer...That's two guesses but I've earned 'em. (Dies)

JeanneTGC
07-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I agree with Woof! Nothing comes to mind. And whatever happened to the lonesome locomotive?
Lonesome Whistle (Blues) was my song essence...perhaps a fast Google search? It certainly existed while I was still alive, since I have not even been dead ten years.

Another clue, before I basically have to give you the clue that will tell you who this author is (then again, I thought you'd both have this already, so what do I know?) -- I (Jeanne) write, among other things, novels set in the Old West...and as any historical writer worth his or her salt knows, you have to do a lot of research...and this is an author I know well enough to feel like I can give decent clues...

scrivener
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
see post 3468

JeanneTGC
07-02-2007, 11:39 PM

With my last breath I will hazard a guess for Bernard DeVoto. There is also somebody named Robert Palmer...That's two guesses but I've earned 'em. (Dies)
No, and no.

Why are mine so hard?!? I thought Socrates was horrifically hard! And that 14th century one? Harder! Why is MINE killing the game?!? It wasn't supposed to be the hard one! *Sobs uncontrollably*

Okay...I am an author who died somewhere after 2001. I am considered one of the, if not THE, authorities on the Old West. I wrote almost all non-fiction, but some was narrative non-fiction. I am best known for the narrative non-fiction novel that was published in 1970; HBO recently made a miniseries out of it (which critics didn't care for). Who am I?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Woof
07-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Are you the author of Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee, Dee Brown?

JeanneTGC
07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Are you the author of Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee, Dee Brown?
Thank GOD.

Yes, that's exactly who I am!

Woof, you win and are It! (And there was MUCH rejoicing! :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: )

Woof
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Thank GOD.

Yes, that's exactly who I am!

Woof, you win and are It! (And there was MUCH rejoicing! :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: )

...and while you're thanking God, don't forget to thank google! :hooray:

I am a writer and artist and I am no more.

JeanneTGC
07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
...and while you're thanking God, don't forget to thank google! :hooray:

I am a writer and artist and I am no more.
Are you Picasso?

Woof
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Gracious me, I'm not Picasso.

Weather fair or foul, it's all ok by me. But when it's raining cats and dogs, I'm in my element.

JeanneTGC
07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Gracious me, I'm not Picasso.

Weather fair or foul, it's all ok by me. But when it's raining cats and dogs, I'm in my element.
Are you William Holt?

Woof
07-04-2007, 01:15 AM
No, I'm not William Holt and William Holt is not me. Tee hee.

Oh I would always have my just desserts and they could include green jell-o and peppermint cucumber pie.

JeanneTGC
07-04-2007, 01:32 AM
(And yet, everyone finds MINE hard.)

No clue. At all. Sooooo, what kind of transportation would you be?

scrivener
07-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Do I sense life? Movement? The smell of a wet dog? Thank you, Woof, for reviving us. And don't be bitter, Jeanne. Just please don't do "hard ones" if that last was medium. Our experiences and mental libraries are bound to differ, sometimes widely.

Now: Are you Dr. Seuss?

What river rushes or slides with your essence?

No, no! Don't shake! Not in the house...

Woof
07-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Do I sense life? Movement? The smell of a wet dog? Thank you, Woof, for reviving us. And don't be bitter, Jeanne. Just please don't do "hard ones" if that last was medium. Our experiences and mental libraries are bound to differ, sometimes widely.

Now: Are you Dr. Seuss?

What river rushes or slides with your essence?

No, no! Don't shake! Not in the house...

Am I a goose?
Or even a moose?
Well, maybe you're right,
I'm old Dr. Suess!
Now scrivener is IT
And here do we sit
Waiting to see
Whoever she'll be.

scrivener
07-04-2007, 04:52 PM
What a poet is Woof!

That was a short run. Do you want to go again? I'll start something but feel free if you feel inspired to another IT Hit.

Something original...hmm. A deceased writer!

Woof
07-04-2007, 05:02 PM
...go again?...no, I won't hear of it. I defer to your royal felinity.

A deceased author, eh? Are you Rudyard Kipling? If you're not Kipling, or even bowling, for that matter, what body of water are you?

scrivener
07-04-2007, 06:48 PM
...go again?...no, I won't hear of it. I defer to your royal felinity.

A deceased author, eh? Are you Rudyard Kipling? If you're not Kipling, or even bowling, for that matter, what body of water are you?

I am not Rudyard Kipling. As for a body of water, I am most like the Oconee River. It moves around and I did too for awhile but I had to stay put later on so anyway it's good the river keeps moving.

Woof
07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Are you Erskine Caldwell? If not, what color is your essence?

JeanneTGC
07-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Are you Norman Maclean? (Congrats on getting Dr. Suess, Scrivener, that was going to be my next guess!)

If not, what food best describes your essence?

(Happy Independence Day to any Americans playing the game!)

scrivener
07-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Are you Erskine Caldwell? If not, what color is your essence?

Erskine Caldwell? Nope.

My essence is the color of blood and wisdom.

Woof
07-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Blood and wisdom? Heavens, that's deep! Are you Martin Luther King? If not, you should be...umm I mean...what emotion do you represent?

JeanneTGC
07-05-2007, 02:20 AM
*cough* Post 3486 *cough* made a guess *cough* not answered yet *cough* :D

Woof
07-05-2007, 02:37 AM
ALL POINT BULLETIN TO SCRIVENER: It appears that Jeanne is having a coughing fit and needs your immediate attention.

*offers coughdrop in the meantime*

JeanneTGC
07-05-2007, 02:54 AM
ALL POINT BULLETIN TO SCRIVENER: It appears that Jeanne is having a coughing fit and needs your immediate attention.

*offers coughdrop in the meantime*
:tongue ~~~~~~~~~

scrivener
07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Are you Norman Maclean? (Congrats on getting Dr. Suess, Scrivener, that was going to be my next guess!)

If not, what food best describes your essence?

(Happy Independence Day to any Americans playing the game!)

Sorry, folks. I took a brief sabbatical. Let's see: Norman Maclean? No.
Food. Well, I like to eat. Fried chicken, cornbread, peach cobbler.

scrivener
07-06-2007, 09:20 AM
*cough* Post 3486 *cough* made a guess *cough* not answered yet *cough* :D

Lemon juice, a good bourbon, (I prefer Wild Turkey) and honey mixed with hot water will stop any cough. It will also stop you cold if you take enough of it.

There now. Much better. How's yours?

(Sorry I missed your now famous Post 3486 *cough* message. Sometimes these things seems to overlap - you and Woof were posting at almost the same time - and I never saw yours until it *cough* came to my attention.)

scrivener
07-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Blood and wisdom? Heavens, that's deep! Are you Martin Luther King? If not, you should be...umm I mean...what emotion do you represent?

I am more intellect than emotion. I suppose sardonic is how some have described my observations of the world. I do have feelings, though. Mercy, yes. Shock and...humor.

Woof
07-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Are you Flannery O'Conner? If not, what clothing might you assume?

scrivener
07-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I AM FLANNERY O'CONNOR! AND THREE CHEERS FOR WOOF!

YIP! YIP! YOORAY! aaarrooo!:TheWave:

Smelly bones all around.

Woof
07-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Smelly bones! Yay! :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

...ok time to get serious...I am a pig butcher, deceased. NO! Of course not! I am a writer (what else?), deceased.

scrivener
07-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Smelly bones! Yay! :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

...ok time to get serious...I am a pig butcher, deceased. NO! Of course not! I am a writer (what else?), deceased.

Pig sticker? Wierd. Are you Carl Sandburg?

What condiment would you be, Spice Dog?

Woof
07-06-2007, 08:43 PM
No, I am not Carl Sandburg.

No...no I am in a melancholy state...I cannot eat condiments right now...perhaps just a little potato soup and then I must continue my writing.

scrivener
07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
No, I am not Carl Sandburg.

No...no I am in a melancholy state...I cannot eat condiments right now...perhaps just a little potato soup and then I must continue my writing.

Dostoevsky?

What writing implement would you be?

Woof
07-06-2007, 11:40 PM
I am not Dostoevsy, though I share the fellow's generally dark moods. For my 21st birthday, Father may have presented me with a Faber-Castell fountain pen.

JeanneTGC
07-07-2007, 03:25 AM
I am not Dostoevsy, though I share the fellow's generally dark moods. For my 21st birthday, Father may have presented me with a Faber-Castell fountain pen.
Are you Evelyn Waugh?

(Geez, I take a break due to heavy submission load and the game just zooms along. Hmmm...LOL!)

scrivener
07-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Virginia Woolf?

If not, what sort of abode?

Woof
07-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Are you Evelyn Waugh?

(Geez, I take a break due to heavy submission load and the game just zooms along. Hmmm...LOL!)

No, I am not Evelyn Waugh. The weather is dark, dismal and always foreboding.

Virginia Woolf?

If not, what sort of abode?

I am not Virginia Woolf.

My abode could be a dingy flat or an imposing castle, but no matter where I dwell, my surroundings do not calm my nerves; they only increase my level of anxiety.

scrivener
07-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Edgar Allen Poe?

What bird would you be?

JeanneTGC
07-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Are you Bram Stoker?

If not, what method of transportation is most 'you'?

Woof
07-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Edgar Allen Poe?

What bird would you be?

I am not Poe, though a raven would accurately represent my feelings of apprehension.

Are you Bram Stoker?

If not, what method of transportation is most 'you'?

I am not Bram Stoker. I confess that I would be relieved to be a guest at castle Dracula, for at that castle* I would at least know what fate awaits me, instead of the constant uncertainty that is destroying my nerves. I would be a tram, the same tram which every hopeless soul daily travels back and forth to a desk job to the same faceless government office or insurance agency.

NOTE: Major clue!

edwardcullen13
07-09-2007, 06:18 AM
I am not Bram Stoker. I confess that I would be relieved to be a guest at castle Dracula, for at that castle* I would at least know what fate awaits me, instead of the constant uncertainty that is destroying my nerves. I would be a tram, the same tram which every hopeless soul daily travels back and forth to a desk job to the same faceless government office or insurance agency.

van helsing?

JeanneTGC
07-09-2007, 08:43 AM
:welcome: *waves to Edward*

Are you Sinclair Lewis?

If not, what dessert would you be?

scrivener
07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Kafka?

What insect would you be?

:hi: Hi Edward!