Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I'm planning a story where it's a apocalyptic post-apocalyptic plot with no rapture.

Here's the gist of it:
Yellowstone supervolcano erupts. Christian woman in Florida learns to survive and has a "crisis" in faith struggles to survive and learns to survive in world changed by the eruption while not losing her faith.

I'm still researching to work out if she even could do it in Florida. If not I can change locations. I just chose it because I also live in Florida. Could I write this as Christian fiction or is it a no go since it's apocalyptic without the whole rapture thing.

Or should I just write the story and worry about it later? :)

nutbird

Almost expert!
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I agree, just write it first.

harrywatson66

Registered
Reaction score
I never know what to expect when a new Athol Dickson novel comes out. In many ways, that's very exciting. The three novels I've read so far have been very different from one another, especially in topic, but they've all shared the same excellent writing skills and the ability to draw the reader into the protagonist's unusual life experiences.
In this case, said protagonist is Vera Gamble. When she receives the news that her long-lost brother's body has washed ashore on an island off the coast of Maine, she leaves her office cubicle behind and enters the mysterious world of Winter Haven.
At first, she assumes this will be a routine visit to retrieve her brother's body, although she wonders greatly at where he's been for the last 13 years. And then everything becomes impossible. Her brother hasn't aged. His body looks exactly the same as the last time she saw him - as a fifteen-year-old boy. As Vera struggles to understand how this could have happened, she begins to uncover more secrets about the island of Winter Haven. When exploration leads to an apparition beyond Vera's nightmares, she realizes there may be far more to this innocent-looking island than she ever imagined.

Otterella

Registered
Reaction score
I'd go for that. But then, I'm a big believer in challenging traditional interpretations of Scripture. They are just that: interpretations. Let the Spirit be your guide and who cares what society thinks is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.