Agent Email Protocol

Hedgetrimmer

What happened, just there?
Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I send my agent an email, he usually gets back to me within an hour or two, sometimes within a few minutes. As I'm always hearing agents talk about the many queries they receive each day and how full their inbox is, I'm wondering how my emails are differentiated from those of prospective clients. Do agents have a way of sending their clients' emails to a different box, or maybe have a setting on the mail account that keeps clients' emails on the top of the list or highlighted or something? Just curious.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Many e-mail programs allow you to tag mail or move incoming mail into a specific folder, based on the sender information.

So, it's quite possible that your agent has a filter set up to move your mail or otherwise tag it as client correspondence so he can notice and respond to it quickly.

So yes, agents can do this. :)

Heck, I do this with my e-mail (for instance, all my family e-mail is tagged so I can find and reply to it), and I'm not an agent. ;-)

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I know it's already been answered but my agent asks his clients to include their last name in the subject line of any email we send so that it gets sorted into the right folder. Ain't technology nifty?