Examples of teen/college manipulation

Todd Bayliss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mtoddbayliss.com
My MC is a female high school senior/college freshman. I need to develop a background showing her character is a highly manipulative personality.

Not being manipulative by nature, I'm having trouble thinking of examples of how a teen age girl would work on those around her those around her.

Suggestions/examples?

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
*Flirting - flirting with the guys to either get them to carry her books for her or do her homework

*Eavesdropping - she eavesdrops on conversations and later uses that information to blackmail the person. Same goes with whatever secrets that she's told.

*Basically anything that makes her look like a poor pitiful girl or overbearing and bossy. Think Clueless or other "mean girl" movies/shows.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Kissing up to people and then backstabbing them - or not even backstabbing them, just letting others do it for her.

Kissing up to teachers - there are a lot of teenage girls who...not quite flirt, but almost...with male teachers. Really playing up the innocence, and their great respect for the teacher, etc.

If you want something more concrete (not to mention way over the top!) I have a friend who taught a student who told her early in the term that she was undergoing chemotherapy and would be absent a lot, would have to leave class suddenly when feeling nauseous, etc. For an entire term, my friend bent over backwards to help this student, but the girl still wasn't doing well (missed way too much school). Finally my friend phoned the mom to warn about impending failure - you guessed it, no cancer. Perfectly healthy.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm not going to name any names, 'cause you never know who lurks where on the internet, but I once encountered a person who said he attempted suicide in order to manipulate those around him. Later on it came out that he really hadn't attempted any such thing. I consider that rather manipulative, and something a teen-ager might try. You know how melodramatic they can be.