Google add popping up over menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Heya,

This is weird, but if I navigate to a forum page (doesn't seem to matter which page), and then quickly scroll down before the last add on the page loads, the add jumps out of the box and overlays itself on top of the breadcrumbs and menu (where it shows the patch the thread and lists User CP, FAQ, etc). Are other people seeing this? I haven't noticed it before today.

I can easily repro it, so it's not a one time glitch or anything.
My browser is IE 8.0.7600.16385 on Win7 Ultimate.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Guys, if you PM me I'm more likely to actually see these problems. Celina, are you on IE, too? So far it's been all IE folks with problems, and I'm suspecting strongly it's got to do with one or more of the flash ads running in the Google iframe.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Hee! The thing about computers is that if you're seeing it, chances are pretty good someone else is seeing it, too. I'm doing some tinkering in the header -- did that, by any chance, fix the issue for you guys?

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
just logged off to take a bath, the adds are where they should be which is good :D YAY!

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
All fixed for me--interestingly enough, though, I'm on firefox. since the DH is getting all this expensive edumacation, IE has been banned as unworthy in this Linux-suffering household.

Deleted member 42

Next time, please use the contact form at the bottom right of every single page. It goes right to MacAllister. On a board that has thousands of new posts in a single day, it's easy to miss a thread like this.

Use the contact form.

Status
Not open for further replies.