practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It's a thread to rant about things that irk you to no end. :D:Soapbox:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I had a run in with the staffing office at work today. As usual they talk their way around things!:rant:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People who are always late for everything! :rant:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Notice this is mostly about driving? People, that lever on your steering column is called a signal, or indicator if you will. Use it BEFORE you come to a full stop in the middle of the road, not AFTER.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
People who when exiting a building, just stop dead in their tracks in front of you....

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
People who park their shopping carts right in the middle of the isle and then wander off to browse- blocking the whole fricking isle!!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
People who park their shopping carts right in the middle of the isle and then wander off to browse- blocking the whole fricking isle!!

Ha! I had that happen this morning when I left work and picked up groceries on the way home.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Notice this is mostly about driving? People, that lever on your steering column is called a signal, or indicator if you will. Use it BEFORE you come to a full stop in the middle of the road, not AFTER.

At least they are signaling.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People being mean to other people because they don't agree with their beliefs. And I am not addressing religious beliefs here, though that fits too.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With cell phones, e-mail, internet social networks, and texting anyone can reach out and tap me on the shoulder any time, any day, and even though I turn these things off a good portion of my free time, those tappers seem to expect a quick reply. If it's work-related, contact me during work hours. If it's personal, have some fricking patience. A hammock should never be equipped with an electronic device. Nor should the smallest room in the house. And if your cell phone becomes my alarm clock, be prepared to be put on permanent snooze.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now that you have brought up cell phones...

Don't call people while you are sitting on the toilet in a public bathroom. What is wrong with you people?!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so chilled and laid back right now that nothing is fazing me.

Feel free to get on a soapbox about that if you like. :D

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People who hold you captive in a public place where you have to be (waiting in line at the DMV, for instance) and forcing you to listen to their end of a cell phone conversation. More and more places have signs posted telling people not to do this, but people ignore them.

I was in a doctor's waiting room being forced to listen to this trophy wife a few years ago, and the conversation went on and on. Finally I tapped her shoulder--it took twice to pull her away--and asked her to take it into the hall, and if she'd tell me her name, I'd come and get her when they called her.

People applauded.

Maryn, who enjoyed that a lot

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Speaking of debit cards, is it just me or are all the machines in stores adding extra crap you have to answer? It would be almost quicker to count out nickels for payment than to use a debit card, sometimes.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
It drives me bananas when people say they get paid bi-weekly...am I wrong, or does that mean they get paid twice a week?! They should say bi-monthly right? I even notice it on forms from time to time.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so chilled and laid back right now that nothing is fazing me.

Feel free to get on a soapbox about that if you like. :D

People should DANGED WELL chill out more often and not take every DANGED thing so seriously! I mean, COME ON!

:D

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
It drives me bananas when people say they get paid bi-weekly...am I wrong, or does that mean they get paid twice a week?! They should say bi-monthly right? I even notice it on forms from time to time.
I actually looked this one up one time out of curiosity and the definition can go either way.