PDA

View Full Version : Different covers for Differnet Countries

Cyia
05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2010/may/07/book-cover-design

This is a gallery showing how different the same book looks in design (and sometimes title) from country to country. Pretty interesting to look at.

Mr Flibble
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I am left wondering why the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo has Christina Ricci as Wednesday Adams on the French cover. Is she part of the plot?

Namatu
05-08-2010, 01:44 AM
I was wondering the same.

Mr Flibble
05-08-2010, 01:47 AM
It is interesting to see the different covers though. I recently bought an older version of one of my fave books purely because the older cover was different and it looked cool.

Yes, I am sad like that.

Though the difference for Everthing Is Illuminated is, um, quite striking? Like they don't look like they should be the same book, or possibly even genre?

Cyia
05-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I am left wondering why the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo has Christina Ricci as Wednesday Adams on the French cover. Is she part of the plot?

I had the same thought. As well as wondering why Harry Potter was dressed as rat.

Namatu
05-08-2010, 04:43 AM
It is interesting to see the different covers though. I recently bought an older version of one of my fave books purely because the older cover was different and it looked cool.

Yes, I am sad like that. I bought a copy of The Three Musketeers purely for the cover. It didn't hurt that I intend to read it, but it had to be this copy (which I now can't find to link to).

friendlyhobo
05-08-2010, 05:06 AM
I kinda wish Harry Potter had actually had a mouse hat in the books.

kaitie
05-08-2010, 02:40 PM

That is so what I was wondering. :tongue Also why is Harry Potter wearing a rat hat?