PDA

View Full Version : Tired of waiting.

Drachen Jager
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm so sick and tired of waiting...

I've had a few MS requests and that's good.

But most of my manuscripts have been out nearly three months now without a peep.

I poked the agents last week but got no response.

So I'm tired of waiting.

Tired of checking my e-mail each morning thinking, maybe today?

I'm even tired of friends telling me how much they loved my book.

But... Mostly I'm tired of waiting.

Cybernaught
05-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Use the time to write something new.

Maryn
05-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Exactly. Waiting for anything sucks. You need to occupy yourself with something else, ideally a new writing project or its planning and research. When you're enthusiastically going after the next goal, the one you're waiting on fades from the huge significance it has now.

Maryn, sympathetic

Drachen Jager
05-08-2010, 01:09 AM
I am writing something new.

I'm still tired of waiting though.

scarletpeaches
05-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Yep. With you on that.

I have nothing on sub at the moment, but will again soon. Subbing is exciting. The initial high, the hope...then the waiting. "If they really liked it, I wouldn't have to nudge them."

It sucks donkey balls. Cheesy ones. I got nothing but some sympathy and a large slice of cake.

Paul
05-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Have you tried drinking?

scarletpeaches
05-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Paul wins. Lock thread.

Drachen Jager
05-08-2010, 03:55 AM
I've tried drinking coffee. It perks me up for a little while.

Hmm, you know what would go well with my coffee? Some of that cake, Peaches. Can you e-mail it to me?

Paul
05-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Coffee?

Are you sure you're a writer?

;)

Drachen Jager
05-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Yeah I have all the things a great writer needs, gnawing self doubt, anxiety, crippling depression and genital herpes.

Well... at least one of the above is true.

kaitie
05-10-2010, 08:37 AM
The waiting can be a pain, but I'm one of those really weird people who enjoys querying. I actually am looking more forward to getting my current story finished so I can start sending out queries on that as well. I'm really hoping I finish it before I hear back from everyone on my last list, however. It'll take away the sting of making it all the way through without getting an offer if I have something I know is even better waiting in the wings to send out. :)

What can I say, though. I'm weird. :D