PDA

View Full Version : The Exemeus- what do you think boring or breathtaking?

queen13
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I would love additional beta testers. More opinions overall the better. I would love extra opinions. Following is my query of the week,

17-year-old, Hyalee Smith is having one hell of a day. On April 5th, 2014 she wakes up to find a stranger has replaced her in the mirror. Suddenly she canít walk down the street without being mobbed and when sheís near a certain new student she spontaneously combusts, literally. As if her life isnít complicated enough, an annoyingly persistent psychic insists that itís Hyaleeís destiny to protect two displaced planets and guard an ancient destructive gem in order to prevent the evil Treptonian army from destroying Earth. But time is running out. People are dying all around her and itís clear she canít win this battle on her own. Sheís going to need the help of another; the most powerful mystic the world will ever see. Thereís only one problemó he hasnít been born yet.
The Exemeus is an 87,000 word young adult fantasy novel. The book switches back and forth between the perspective of a young boy struggling to find his place in a dystopian society and a young girlís struggle to keep an evil dictator from destroying the planet. This story will appeal to people who like the world building of Suzanne Collins in the Hunger Games, enjoy the protagonists of Ally Carter, and who still believe in the power of a tenacious spirit.