PDA

View Full Version : Rage

Zoombie
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
So, I was recently reading about this new FPS/RPG hybrid from ID software called Rage.

It made me RAGE.

Okay, it actually didn't. But, still, I wish they had made it SLIGHTLY less obvious that they were essentially doing Fallout 3 again but with better graphics.

Seriously, this is my summery.

You are a ARC-dweller, living in an underground ARC that protected a few pockets of humanity from the deadly apoclypce. But something has gone wrong and now the ARC-Dweller must leave into the wasteland, to fight mutants and bandits and, in a shocking twist, he runs up against the remains of the world government called The Authority.

Ugh.

Okay, I can understand the appeal of the post apocalypse, I really can. But why don't we try new spins on the whole thing?

Like...I don't know, a hard take off singularity event that results in a war between man and machine and leaves behind a devastated Earth and a bunch of eclectic space station habitats, split between ideological lines.

That'd make a good FPS, grumble mumble.

SPMiller
05-05-2010, 10:10 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2623/ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuug.jpg

LOG
05-05-2010, 10:12 AM
You want to suggest this to summer? :P

Also, it's not an RPG/FPS, it's an FPS/RVG

Zoombie
05-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Or how about an FPS that takes place in a shifting limbo state made up of pure thought. Only by controlling your thoughts can you shape the landscape around you. You kill your opponents by altering your thoughts (which are your weapons) which creates traps and environmental hazards that you trick your enemies into .