PDA

View Full Version : "Latest Reputation Received?"

BlueDimity
05-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Hello, I have a question. When I went to "User Control" I saw comments to me that I had never read before. It was under something called "Latest Reputation Received." I was wondering why I did not see these messages before. Like they were posted in such&such thread but I never read them there before. Only in "Latest Reputation Received."
I'm so sorry for asking this. I feel very dumb. But I have been wondering about this for some time.

slcboston
05-03-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm pretty sure this is explained somewhere in the newbie section, but as I don't feel like hunting down that link:

Those are rep points. People give them to you based on your posts in the thread. Or just because. So the thread title you see is where you posted in that thread, and they are commenting to you from there.

If you click on the little scale thingy between the status circle and the "report this post" red triangle, it will open a box where you, too, can leave comments for people to find in their rep points.

For example, I have clicked on yours and left you a short little comment and a smiley. :D

You can hide them in your User CP or display them, by clicking on the arrow button just above the list of your rep points.

hope that clears it up.

BlueDimity
05-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Thank you guys. May I ask what happens when you get a lot of those of give a lot?

Midnight Star
05-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Usually when you give someone a reppie, they're polite and rep you back. Really, I'm not sure what it does other than tell you how popular you are. ;) Or how many people have taken the time to rep you.

BlueDimity
05-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Oh, okay then. Thanks.

Bufty
05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
What happens?????

Wait till you hit 100 reps - and then -watch out!!!!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :snoopy:

Be sure to cash the check quickly, and don't be in a hurry to hand back the keys. :partyguy:

Thank you guys. May I ask what happens when you get a lot of those of give a lot?

CraftyCreations411
05-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I just saw my first one and had no idea what it meant!

Candy