Ok, curiosity is killing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

What is and goes on ion the private rooms? What's the "midnight oil book"? The forum called "Cletus" in particular has my interest sparked...

maestrowork

Midnight oil in a private room with Cletus. Sounds kinky to me.

detante

What happens in Cletus, stays in Cletus.

Hmm . . . that does sound kinky.

Jen

triceretops

I think it costs money to get into those special forums. One of them is a Moderator forum and I can only guess that they discuss who''s been naughty or nice, who deserves to get banned, or what thread needs to be moved. Or they might discuss how idiotic some of us non-comms are. All in good humor, I'm sure. They do sound like a nice private little place to be, but you must expend a slight fee toward membership.

Tri

MacAl Stone

I think most of the private forums are actually for folks who've bought specific books and want to discuss them, actually. ;)

ElizabethJames

Yes.

We just discovered these mysterious places and are certain they're part of a master plan to take over something here or there.

Forbidden flute of the most devilish kind.

Lori Basiewicz

Yes, most of the private rooms are there for those individuals who have bought a certain book. It is like a "bonus" for buying the book. The mod room is pretty much as Tri described it, except I don't recall any conversations about anyone's level of intelligence happening there. That would be disrespectful and something Jenna would not permit even from her mods. The number one rule around here: Respect Your Fellow Writers. As a result, problems are rare here and, as you notice, the mod room gets very little use. If we're going to be away for awhile, we also use that room to let the other mods know about it, so they can watch our forums for us while we're away. The Cletus forum, as it happens, also consists mostly of mods. It's almost a redundancy.

aka eraser

Yeah, what Lori said.

Which is a redundancy.

Which is a repetition of something already stated. Like clobbering a nail that's already pretty much hammered in. Like re-making a point until it's not really a point anymore, but rather something blunted, as if dull, or otherwise no longer sharp. Sharp like a knife would be if not used for things like cutting metal or sawing bricks. Although a serrated knife could conceivably be used for sawing bricks and possibly for cutting metal if the bricks were made of a softish stone, like sandstone and if the metal was un-hard, like gold. But soft bricks wouldn't, I think, be very useful and sawing gold seems sort of pointless unless you were lost alone somewhere and had an accident that resulted in your ring finger swelling alarmingly and the gold ring you wear on that finger was cutting off your circulation and you needed to cut it off or die and the only tool you had was a serrated knife.

Betty W01

driving you crazy...

a short trip...

15_1_56.gif

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

18.gif

YES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.