• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Fantasy Partner to work on epic story

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmarcelluscrum

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there, I've been working on this story since 1999 and after many trash cans of discarded drafts I have decided to look for a writing partner. Before you read on let me tell you a little about what I have.

Genre: Fiction – Fantasy Action Adventure with a bit of Romance

Format: Broken into 3 books (However the first and third could be broken down even more as the novel is written out.) Each book is broken down into 5 character P.O.V. (Point of Views) as if they where telling the story. Witch gives the reader a chance to really know the characters. It also consist of support character witch will be written in third person. The page and word count is not set as of yet, I was looking forward to around 800+ pages paperback but we can discuss this later. Think of the novel as a soap opera where the story is quick moving and your never left with a chapter that seems to drag.

Titles: The Chronicles of Ne'bellious (Title of the Novel Series), The Dark Lord Trillogy
Tablet 13: Diplomatic Destruction
Tablet 14: The Mysterious Lord Kane
Tablet 15: Rise of the Underground

This is what I am asking for, a confident writer looking for a big project to work on (royalties on the book split 50%). I am not asking that you stay on and write the two other books, that is up to you. I consider my self a novice writer and this is my life's work. I want it to be the best. I will present you with an out line and detailed information about every aspect of the story, including characters, places, cultures, foods, clothing, religions, governments, the world, history and what is to come, art work and maps and anything else that might be needed for writing any given chapter. This has all been placed. I will also present you with chapters I have written, for review and if need be complete re-write. I am leaving the writing up to you, I've got the story. I need someone who wants to write, someone passionate about fantasy and someone who wants to write the next great masterpiece.
You can e-mail me at [email protected] and we can discuss this in more detail. Thank you, Dr. Marcellus Crum

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
I see that you are new and only have 1 post.

You have stumbled onto the world's greatest website for aspiring writers. This site, if you work it, will help improve your skills giving you all the tools to write your own book.

I do not mean to sound condescending or cruel, but good ideas are a dime a dozen. There is nothing really new in that regard. I literally have 20 dynamite book ideas and 100 short story ideas.

The real challenge is the execution of those ideas. That is what writing is all about.

Now, it is possible that there are talented writers that have no ideas and will stumble on this thread and think "Wow, this is exactly what I need" and email you.

But it is not likely.

Writing a book is no easy task, it is literally thousands of hours of work. And often times, the drive and determination to do that much work can only be found in the originator of the idea. Or put another way, how often does someone dedicate a year of their life becuase of someone else's idea?

Here is my suggestion. Take a break from your book and switch to short stories for a few months. Write a few, post them in Share Your Work, become a contributing member to this site, work the site, read the posts, critique the stories of others, and grow in your writing prowess.

Once you get a short story accepted by a publisher, then you will know that you have the 'ability' to write a publishable story. Then, with this newfound experience come back to your book and give it a go.

This site is the best thing to ever happen to aspiring writers, it can literally mold you into a world class author, but you have to give us a chance. ANd it will not happen over night. Assuming that you are at the beginning stage, it will take about a year and that is assuming you work this site on a daily basis.

Also, here is a thread that will shave months/years off your learning curve. It is long, but if you read it 15 minutes per day, you can get through most of it in a month. I only made it half way through and it worked wonders for my writing.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6710

That is my advice. Work this site, make friends here, and in the process maybe you will find a writing partner that meshes well with you and 'together' you can write this masterpiece of yours.

That is probably your most likely path to success.

Otherwise, the odds of a talented writer with no ideas stumbling across this thread is rather low. It could happen, but I doubt it.

In any event, good luck.

Mel...

drmarcelluscrum

Registered
Reaction score
Not a problem, I will browse around. Work with others and start posting chapters of my book on here, I have completed 378k words on the 13th book, 394k works on the 14th book and 221k of the 15th book. I've also completed the manuscripts for 10 graphic novels and have sveral artist working on them atm. I completed the screenplays almost 7 years ago, 3 movies in total. So I have the work done. I will take your advice though and I know there are many people out there with ideas. I wasn't thinking of finding anyone interested in writing with me but I figured I would try.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
You may find some writing partners on here,

Over the years, I have cultivated many great online friendships on this website and have even Beta'd a couple of manuscripts on here.

If your goal is to find a writing partner, you have come to the right place. So don't be discouraged.

I'm merely saying that your odds will go way way way up if you become a regular here. After a few months of posting and critique-ing and contributing you are bound to make a lot of online friends here and out of those friends, there is a good chance someone would like to partner with you.

It sounds like you've done a lot of writing so you should fit in well here so don't be discouraged.

Good luck

Mel...

drmarcelluscrum

Registered
Reaction score
I really doubted to find anyone looking to work on a project. I just figured it would be a good post to start off. There is alot here on the web site so it is taking me a while to read through it. I am planning on dedicating more time to these forums. Thanks for taking intrest, :)

Newguy1428

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hey DR...what are the big ideas in your series? Good overcomes evil? Evil crushes good? No good or evil? Do you have a one sentence description of your book/trilogy? I have found that marketability trumps everything. As a consumer of fantasy, I know this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.