Parking is easy, dammit!

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I am surprised at the parking incompetence of some people at my job. How tough is it to drive your car into a square painted in the floor, without hitting or blocking the other cars?

badcarpark.jpg

(Stock image. They're actually worse.)

I work a lot and I park properly: I demand to be able to get out of the parking lot without having to wait for the idiot who blocked me to move it!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I feel your pain.

Why it's so hard to center your car between two painted lines is beyond human comprehension.

I especially think pretty thoughts for the people that park their cars so crooked that I have to squish my pregnant belly to get back in mine.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I bet they parked that way so no one would chip the sides of their car.....lol.

I see that a lot.

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I bet they parked that way so no one would chip the sides of their car.....lol.

I see that a lot.

Years ago, I had a friend who would do that. He'd bought a brand new, cherry red Trans Am, and he'd take two parking spaces so no one would scratch it.

Last edited:

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
These are the times I wish I had a beater truck with oak bumpers. I'd park RIGHT next to their vehicle leaving about 1/2 inch of space (I wouldn't touch their car though).

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IT'S NOT MY FAULT! I have depth perception issues.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever watched "Canada's Worst Drivers"?

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am surprised at the parking incompetence of some people at my job. How tough is it to drive your car into a square painted in the floor, without hitting or blocking the other cars?

badcarpark.jpg

(Stock image. They're actually worse.)

I work a lot and I park properly: I demand to be able to get out of the parking lot without having to wait for the idiot who blocked me to move it!

Apparently it's not easy for some. I love the ones who take up two parking spaces.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I know someone who routinely parks across FOUR parking spaces on the point at which all four touch) so stop other drivers scratching her two-year-old Mercedes (which she bought cheap because it had been written off and I think is a death-trap).

I cannot WAIT until I get my new Hilux so that I can park especially close to her in it!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Ugh, when I wanted to keep my car from getting scratched, I parked as far away from the door as I could. You know, the back forty, where no one parks because they don't want to walk?

I'd be afraid to take up multiple spaces to avoid a scratch. I mean, doing so makes you an insufferable jerk, but even if it wasn't evil/bad karma/douchebaggish, I'd be afraid someone would key my car just for spite.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well excuse me!!!!

You try parking while texting, changing the CD and downing a Mocha Frappa latte whip cream with sprinkles. You think you'd appreciate my ability to multi-task. e2tongue:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I've been looking for a place to empty this garbage truck...

Hey, when you post pictures like that on the Internet, please make them big enough so you can READ THE TAG!

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I call it "I'm the ONLY ONE in the world" syndrome. I think it's the result of the information age, specifically cell phones. People are like zombies, they don't even realize what they're doing have the time. It's amazing how discourteous and down right ignorant folks have become, and sadly they don't even know they're doing it half the time.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
In High School, we had to drive to a special building for AP or vocational classes, and there wasn't enough parking.

One dude who drove a black corvette parked across 4 spaces, daily!

One day I watched as 5-6 guys picked up his car and rolled it down into the woods. I laughed and didn't say a freakin word except 'Good!' :D :D

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
In High School, we had to drive to a special building for AP or vocational classes, and there wasn't enough parking.

One dude who drove a black corvette parked across 4 spaces, daily!

One day I watched as 5-6 guys picked up his car and rolled it down into the woods. I laughed and didn't say a freakin word except 'Good!' :D :D

If he did that here he would have got towed.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
My coworker calls it the asshole parking job. We get it a lot where we work too. Of course the employees have to park in their own area as far away from the store as possible and the customers who park in that area are invariably the worst offenders. They're probably also the ones who complain about the terrible design of our parking lot. :D

I'd say the worst one I've seen at work was the car parking on the curb. Literally, half of the car was on the pavement, the other half was on the curb. How did they not notice that!? But then, sometimes it's just better not to know...

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Who needs to park into a free space when the middle of the lane is available? Picture taken in a hospital parking lot, by the way.

P010211_08.03.jpg

P010211_08.03_%255B01%255D.jpg

And the lady got a little angry.

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Then there's the guy who does all that AND puts a sign on the windshield warning he's got a gun. And just in case you don't get the point, he parks way at the other end of the grocery store parking lot, near the gas station, and tips the attendant to keep an eye out.

True story. Need I mention he was driving a Corvette? With the top down?