• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Shredder With Soft Furry, Gloves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.C. McLaughlin

Oooops! Just spilled the inkwell!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm taking the plunge! I've decided my book is never going to get published until I get it properly edited. So I'm searching for a Beta reader.

I need a Beta who likes to read vampire and young adult to read my novel "Deadly Conversations". It is a work that, other than the vampire character, is difficult to pin down in one genre. ( At least in my opinion! ) I need a reader with an open mind to alternative religions as religion plays a large role in this story. There is some angst in the work ( personally I believe fans of Barnabas Collins will love this! ) and some romance but if you're looking for blatant sex, I don't write that. I need someone that is good with correcting grammar and tightening up writing styles. I would prefer someone with experience in the publishing world or who has read manuscripts that have gone on to be published. This is my gem and I need it polished and faceted but I have no idea how to do that. I also have never published anything so I am going to be a wimp here and say I will probably need some hand holding. ( Although my ego wants to say "I'm tough! I can take it!" that's a bald faced LIE! ) I am also going to require someone who is extremely patient with computers. I only have dial-up and sometimes getting connected can be....um...frustrating for a few days.

Polishing this story is work I am unfamiliar with but I need to learn it anyway so I'm going to start now.

So if you're up to the challenge I hope we can work something out. Mykhalo, my Bavarian vampire, would love to meet you! ( Psst. If you're a vegetarian or a vegan, you're quite safe. He says they taste like rice cakes! Bleeechh! )

D.C. McLaughlin

Status
Not open for further replies.