Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
So today we went to my nephew's second birthday party. My son looked a bit out of place with his burgeoning moustache while eating jelly and ice cream before he headed for the soft play area.

It was only when he was talking to a friend of my SIL's and she said 'Blimey, he's bigger than me!' that we realised he's no longer allowed in the soft play area because although he's the right age, he's too tall. And when I realised that he is the same height as me.

I know it had to happen eventually, but he's only eleven! He spent the rest of the afternoon patting me on the head and calling me titch.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was 6'-3" when I was in the seventh or eighth grade (age 13). My mother still introduced me as the "baby of the family".

You might remind him that if he continues to pat your head you're going to tell "cute stories" about him to every girl he ever dates. And maybe bring out those photos of him getting a bath.

;-)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I got him back

I kissed his cheek in public :D
Oh, there are a lot of things a mother can do . . .

Offer to be the chaperon at the school dance.

Walk into his school class in order to bring him his lunch bag.

Tell a funny story about the time he couldn't pull his pants up, or the cutesy Power Ranger pajamas he used to wear.

Drive him to school. Get him a kiss in front of his classmates.

Show up at the local hangout for kids. Notice a smudge on his cheek and wipe it off with a tissue.

Fix him up with the girl he can't stand.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
So today we went to my nephew's second birthday party. My son looked a bit out of place with his burgeoning moustache while eating jelly and ice cream before he headed for the soft play area.

It was only when he was talking to a friend of my SIL's and she said 'Blimey, he's bigger than me!' that we realised he's no longer allowed in the soft play area because although he's the right age, he's too tall. And when I realised that he is the same height as me.

I know it had to happen eventually, but he's only eleven! He spent the rest of the afternoon patting me on the head and calling me titch.
I remember being told I couldn't play in the soft play area anymore. It wasn't nice, I was really upset. It's been a week and a half, and I'm still in bits about it.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Mom spit is better than formula 409. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know who Benny Hill was. I saw a blooper clip one time where one of those scantily-clad women on his show slapped the clap out of him for going a little beyond what the script called for.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I remember Benny Hill - his show used to be on Channel 9 here. I never really thought he was funny, though. I'm more a Monty Python chick.

Jersey Guy has the theme as one of the ringtones on his phone. Whenever he plays it, our 4 year old son runs through the house as fast as he can... :D

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Loved Benny Hill. I had the opposite problem - my son finally surpassed me in height at 17 years old. I'm 5'2". I used to elbow him in the head while jockeying for position in our tiny kitchen when he was 16. Then he spurted. At 18, he's about 5'6".

Love Monty Python, too, Jersey!

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Monty Python rocks! We've promised our son he's almost old enough to watch some if it (depending on which bits) I just got him addicted to Red Dwarf too. I have never heard him giggle so much.

My new fave game is actually Monty Python Fluxx. It's weird spending half teh evening sounding like a bad 'Allo 'Allo episode because an arbitrary rule says you have to speak in a stupid accent. Plus you have to sing Monty Python songs...

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soft play - you know those play areas with the balls and soft stuff so the kids can launch themselves around without hurting themselves?

Or as my Old Man puts it: Drop kick the kids in and shut the door :D

Ah, got it. Thanks.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Soft play - you know those play areas with the balls and soft stuff so the kids can launch themselves around without hurting themselves?

Or as my Old Man puts it: Drop kick the kids in and shut the door :D
Oh, it's like those new (relative to when I was a kid) play areas in McDonald's that all the chain mails saying they have snakes or drug addicts' needles in them.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
*spits into hanky*

Hey Jersey, you got chocolate round your chops. Come here...

*chases Jersey round to the tune of Benny Hill*

*wonders if I'm the only one in the thread knows what Benny Hill music is*

My friend can play the Benny Hill music on the guitar.