Please help!!

brainstrains

4-8-8-4
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum and new to trying to publish my work. I have been reading up on querying and just this weekend submitted 5 e-queries to agents to sell my novel.

I just got two requests from agents to "see more material". Now, does that mean I send a "partial", and if they like that, then I send the full manuscript? Or just send the whole manuscript right now? And how soon do I have to send it by (I know, I know, ASAP, but I do work 90 hours a week, so most of my "aspiring writer" dreams get toyed with on the weekends)?

Gosh, I don't think I've ever been this nervous. Thanks!

Cindy

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A few days one way or another isn't likely to make a difference. Send the material as soon as it fits with your schedule.

Usually agents are quite clear on what they want to see next and how they want it sent when they send you a positive response to your query. If they didn't specify, you can check their websites and see if they provide the info there. If you get no joy from the websites, email them and ask them what they want to see and how they want it sent. Not all agents will accept e-manuscripts even if they accept e-queries.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Welcome to the forum, Brainstrains, and congratulations on your requests! :Clap:

Since you're new at this, before you send anything to anyone, make sure that you check to see if any of the agents you're corresponding with have been mentioned on this site, either good or bad. Here's the link:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792

The list is in alphabetical order and many of the agents who are "problem children" have several threads. Obviously, I hope that yours are above-board, but those will be shown too, if anyone has ever queried about them here.

Good luck!

Vomaxx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andiriel.blogspot.com
If in doubt, send the first 50 pages (or so) and a short synopsis. Agents will always let you know if they want the whole thing. But, as Unimportant said, agents will usually be more specific than just requesting "more material." At least that's my experience.

brainstrains

4-8-8-4
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks! I checked them up and they are listed as reputable agencies, and P&E recommends them. I found info on their websites so I think I can handle this.

I think I can, I think I can....