One Way to Kill your Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear me, that's SUCH a trainwreck that I just might buy her book when it comes out.

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
Yep, I got hit with one too, though nothing that redirects.

I don't think it's a hoax, though. It's been around too long.

My anti-virus stuff is probably woefullly out-of-date, so I imagine that's why. ARGH.

And, lol...I guess I'm naive believing no one could really be that stupid? Don't you all think it's all for show, to get clicks? Who spells the F word wrong????

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
And, lol...I guess I'm naive believing no one could really be that stupid? Don't you all think it's all for show, to get clicks? Who spells the F word wrong????

I've met tons of people like her. There are even some kicking around this site - most of them on my ignore list, I'm happy to say.

MrKennedy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow...I've been frustrated by rejection, but she needs to be honest with herself: If agents couldn't pick good books, there would be no good books out. I'm sure she thinks that her book is the best that the written word can be, but...and yes, there is some shlock out there, but when you're constantly rejected (like I was with my first novel), it's either your query letter, your ms, or maybe your attitude.

She needs to keep that in mind...

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
That's so weird, Cyia. I wonder what happened to mine? Maybe I'll send link to hubs and see what he can figure out. So weird..and annoying--I HATE THE DESKTOP!

:D

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the phrase "I'm a soon to be published author," my first thought was PA, too.

I can't believe anyone is idiotic enough to do this. Well, yeah, actually I can.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
As if her misspellings and rants aren't sufficient indication of her writing skills, she gives us these gems:
This editor guy really opened my eyes to things I was so blind too. I never really knew that shortening sentences could really clean up my writing. For some reason, I've always had it in my head that longer sentences made writing more elegant. I guess I was wrong.
and:
One of the editors pointed out something crucial. After 3 years of working on this book I never seemed to get that I was adding an unnecessary "s" to my character's last name??? For example, I was writing, "Winters" instead of "Winter."....ex. John Winter not John Winters...ugh!!!! I can't believe I oversaw that.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Edited to remove post-felt sorta bad.

Last edited:

djf881

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
There's no career there to suicide. Her writing is clearly horrible.

willietheshakes

Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard.
Registered
Reaction score
It's sad that despite the fact that so many people have left comments telling her that she's shooting herself in the foot with her posts, she continues to do so. What a train wreck.

It's the attention thing. You see it in (misbehaving) kids and attention-whores of all ages: ALL attention is rewarding, and if you can't get good attention, you'll act out to get bad attention.

Reaction score
It's sad that despite the fact that so many people have left comments telling her that she's shooting herself in the foot with her posts, she continues to do so. What a train wreck.
Chin up. With any 'luck' she'll try to turn her trainwreck of a blog into an "everyone's against me" memoir.

artemis31386

All around miscreant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleymchristman.com
So, think she'll join AW?
I think she could learn a few things from AW authors. But honestly, I don't think she's mature enough for this industry. If she throws a hissy fit of this level, she needs to rethink her career choices.

Rejection is hard, but its a part of life.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing happened to me going on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.