PDA

View Full Version : One Way to Kill your Career

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

shaldna
07-16-2010, 11:58 PM
interestingly I found this on Janet Reids blog. It made me smile

http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.com/2009/09/there-is-no-out-of-town-opening-any.html.

Eddyz Aquila
07-17-2010, 12:22 AM
You wouldn't believe how prima donna and mouthy some bestselling writers are. Money makes agents and editors swallow a lot.

There's hundreds of other authors who deliver, why can't they just change them? I'm sure you can find writers who are better than Dan Brown for example and just as suspenseful.

shaldna
07-17-2010, 12:33 AM
here's the cover for her book from her own facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Edlund/111726901994?ref=ts#!/photo.php?pid=5145497&id=111726901994

note the afore mentioned Grand Central logo. lol. and the whole cover made using a CreateSpace Template

God, I'm afraid i'm turning into a stalker.

gothicangel
07-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Wow, that's an incredibly bad quality jacket.

She expects people to believe that it's the product of GCP?

LOG
07-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Why does she have a little picture of herself on the back?

FallenAngel
07-17-2010, 01:25 AM
This social security office would rather give food stamps to those who are worthless to this society? Really now? And I donít care if these bums are single, married or have children

I stopped reading right here. I don't care if she was rejected. This quote shows the kind of person she is and deserves any karma coming to her.

Moral of the story: Don't be an asshole/self centered. People will find you repulsive and you WILL be treated like so.

Miss Plum
07-17-2010, 02:37 AM
I know all teh things she's said on her blog haven't helped, but does anyone seriously believe she would get published, anyway? To be blunt, she comes across as not very bright, and the writing on her blog sucks dead bunnies.

While her comments certainly haven't helped her, they are, to me, one more indication that she isn't very bright. This shows even in her non-writing related entries. I mean, has anyone read the entries she's made since she decided to stop writing? And comments or not, bad writing remains bad writing, and hers is very, very poor.
Actually, I think this is the bottom line. It seems to me few people here have mentioned it. Everything else is true -- five years is nothing, she should keep at it if she wants to succeed, she's gotta be savvier about her use of the internet, she doesn't understand how agents work, yadda yadda. But even if she learns all that, she's still got two more ways to kill a career: 1) be a bad writer who's 2) not terribly bright.

spamwarrior
07-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Her Facebook page says word for word that she'll "never be able to get writing out of my blood... its the sad truth."

Marian Perera
07-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Why does she have a little picture of herself on the back?

Standard for PublishAmerica, which is now offering to put the pictures of authors on the front covers as well as the back (for a price, of course).

M.R.J. Le Blanc
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
So I wonder how she's going to explain this book if/when it comes out and Grand Central's logo isn't on it?

Mr Flibble
07-17-2010, 12:00 PM
That's why it isn't out yet

And that last post, may I just *boggle* at the bigotry surging through it? How dare people who are not blonde claim food stamps or someone who's lost their job have children....It just naturally makes them scum, right?

*facepalm*

LOG
07-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Wondering when someone would bring that up.

Marian Perera
07-17-2010, 01:05 PM
And that last post, may I just *boggle* at the bigotry surging through it? How dare people who are not blonde claim food stamps or someone who's lost their job have children....It just naturally makes them scum, right?

I love the part about "if they have children, take those children away". Because foster care works out so well for kids. Just ask Lisa Steinberg.

kaitie
07-17-2010, 01:06 PM
That's why it isn't out yet

*facepalm*

Oh boy. I clearly missed something. *Goes off to find said entry*

Geez. I thought this when I read the roommate entry from somewhere above, but...

You know, nevermind. It's not really appropriate for me to say something negative about someone I don't know. I'm sure anyone reading it for themselves can see what kind of person this is.

flyingtart
07-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Blimey, the sound of tut-tutting on here is deafening!

One thing I'll say for her, she knows how to get an audience. :)

FallenAngel
07-17-2010, 03:45 PM

You know...now that I think about it; I must wonder if this was either a brilliant move or a stupid move.

Here is why. Remember the saying, "bad publicity is better than no publicity"?
The other day, I was on an XX site and noticed a thread about an 11 year old girl who had a sick mouth. She started talking about how much sex she was having with guys etc. Yes she is 11 years old!!. After she told xx site that she was better than any of them. It blew things out of proportion. Her youtube videos skyrocketed in views in a single day and now she and her parents (because her parents too appeared in the video) are famous on the internet. In a single day it turned things around.

The point is that, people get curious when they hear a story and want to know more. I wouldn't be surprised if the author who made the blog actually sells her books or gets a contract in the near future. People will want to know what all the fuss is about. Curiosity is a common human trait, if you know how to exploit it, you can do anything.

eqb
07-17-2010, 04:09 PM
You know...now that I think about it; I must wonder if this was either a brilliant move or a stupid move.

I'd go with "it's a stupid move" because she's alienated any number of agents and publishers. Yes, a publisher will work with you, even if you are a jerk, but only if you produce marketable books. Highly marketable books.

While people are curious and do read her blog, if only to see what idiocy she'll come up with next, I doubt anyone would pay money for the same thing.

Freelancer
07-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes she is 11 years old!!
Who? The drama queen... ahem, RQ? If this is true, it's presenting the true failure of our civilization...

Terie
07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Another thing RQ, ahem, Jennifer Edlund isn't considering is her future job prospects. Thanks to her stunt, it's now quite easy to associate her real name with her Jennifer Edwards persona. Should she lose the job she currently has, she might find that her vitriol, now being spewed at virtually any topic, will close doors when possible employers google her. And rightfully so.

kaitie
07-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Not necessarily. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt before. After reading her last two posts, I won't be going back again. They're sickening examples of egocentric hypocrisy, and I have no desire to read about that.

kaitie
07-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Another thing RQ, ahem, Jennifer Edlund isn't considering is her future job prospects. Thanks to her stunt, it's now quite easy to associate her real name with her Jennifer Edwards persona. Should she lose the job she currently has, she might find that her vitriol, now being spewed at virtually any topic, will close doors when possible employers google her. And rightfully so.

And don't forget that agents are also looking for people that they'll want to work with. And like you said, not only agents, but others as well.

I'm voting stupid move. None of this smacks to me of someone who is brilliantly being bad (think Tucker Max, who is utterly despicable but you have to wonder if it's all just an act for the attention or if he means it, and the reason that works is because he knows how despicable he is). To me it comes across as someone who really believes the things she's saying, who would be difficult to work with, and has a sense of entitlement. I've known too many people like that to believe this is just a publicity stunt.

And truth be told, even if it was, her blog isn't interesting or well-written enough to make it something I'd ever even consider spending money on. the only thing she's done that was noteworthy is insult some of the most helpful people in the business.

Anyway I'm going to stop now. I'm pretty sure I already just crossed that line I was trying not to cross.

FallenAngel
07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Who? The drama queen... ahem, RQ? If this is true, it's presenting the true failure of our civilization...

I was referring to a girl on youtube that became famous the past 2 days. I used that as an example as to how to get publicity/attention.

Sorry for not being clear enough in my post (Had just woken up and didn't have my morning coffee yet lol)

shaldna
07-17-2010, 05:02 PM

This is true. Not just her name, but with her picture plastered everywhere too.

And god forbid she ever loose her job and maybe have to claim benefits.

Her comments on those subjects are the sort of comments I hear alot from people who don't know what they are talking about. Stupid, ignorant, bigots.

Her best bet at this stage is to change her name and lay low for a couple of years and maybe people will forget.

kaitie
07-17-2010, 05:02 PM
The really sad thing about the YouTube girl is that she's got her few days of fame based around telling people she's doing all this stuff she shouldn't be doing. I'd hate to see what she's going to do once she realizes her fame is going to be gone in a few days when she's replaced by someone else doing something stupid, and I hope that she isn't learning from it that being bad is the way to get noticed. I imagine, unfortunately, that she is.

shaldna
07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
And don't forget that agents are also looking for people that they'll want to work with. And like you said, not only agents, but others as well.

And the fact that said agents she has cussed out have mentioned her behavior on their own blogs says alot.

Freelancer
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree with you Kaitie. Unfortunately the fame in the 21st century means something else then before. In the present every idiot can be "famous".

Sorry for not being clear enough in my post (Had just woken up and didn't have my morning coffee yet lol)
Maybe you was clear, but I also didn't have my morning coffee when I read your post. :)

shaldna
07-17-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree with you Kaitie. Unfortunately the fame in the 21st century means something else then before. In the present every idiot can be "famous".

Two words - Katie Price.

Enough said.

kaitie
07-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Who's Katie Price?

Freelancer
07-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Who's Katie Price?
Lindsay Lohan, Mk2. :)

kaitie
07-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh geez. I feel totally lame now. I have no idea what Mk2 means.

Freelancer
07-17-2010, 06:23 PM
I have no idea what Mk2 means.
Military term for droids. Mark 2. Same unit class, second edition. :D

kaitie
07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Lol. Gotcha. Now I feel less bad about not knowing that. ;)

Terie
07-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Who's Katie Price?

She's a famous British model. AKA Jordan. Google for more. Much more. Too much more.

Freelancer
07-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Too much more.
Yep. That's the right word combination for this phenomenon. :)

Jamesaritchie
07-17-2010, 10:27 PM
There's hundreds of other authors who deliver, why can't they just change them? I'm sure you can find writers who are better than Dan Brown for example and just as suspenseful.

It isn't that easy, and you don't throw out a multi-million dollar writer because another writer might be able to do the same. "Better" than Dan Brown means selling better, and such writers are very, very rare. And even if you found one, you still wouldn't drop Dan Brown.

Money talks much louder than anything else, and makes the worst prima donna sound like they have laryngitis.

Jamesaritchie
07-17-2010, 10:32 PM
I stopped reading right here. I don't care if she was rejected. This quote shows the kind of person she is and deserves any karma coming to her.

I believe the entry about food stamps, above all the others, shows exactly why she isn't going to get anywhere. She has no clue, admits to not even knowing the process of getting food stamps, says she's never actually seen a food stamp line, but still holds the asinine viewpoint she does.

Not very bright is waaaayyyy too kind.

Just no clue at all about the things she expresses opinions about, and no clue at all how these opinions make her look.

Cyia
07-17-2010, 11:09 PM
"Better" than Dan Brown means selling better, and such writers are very, very rare. And even if you found one, you still wouldn't drop Dan Brown.

I wish more people would get this particular bit straight.

Dan Brown, or any other mega-seller, by virtue of being who they are IS NOT stealing all the other authors' potential readers.

Writing is one time you really can't make a lot of even comparisons because every book is so different, and you don't know what makes someone choose Book A over Book B.

Maybe 2 readers like books about aliens, but one wants a hard core sci-fi while one wants comedy. If the sci-fi guy snags the first author's attention, that doesn't mean that he stole that reader from the comedy writer.

Mr Flibble
07-17-2010, 11:24 PM

I'm not tutting at her attitude

I'm facepalming at her telling the world what that attitude is, despite all evidence to the contrary of it being a Good Idea.

Besides, it keeps my mind off my own idiocy.

Kitty27
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Bless her soul. The poor woman is unhinged.

I took a peek at that link. JR is cool. If this lady wanted any chance at a publishing career,she's ruined it. Some of those posts are out where the trains don't run.

If you get a rejection,roll around on the floor,howl,have a stiff drink,etc. But don't go batshit and diss agents on your blog,etc.

Cranky
07-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Bless her soul. The poor woman is unhinged.

I took a peek at that link. JR is cool. If this lady wanted any chance at a publishing career,she's ruined it. Some of those posts are out where the trains don't run.

If you get a rejection,roll around on the floor,howl,have a stiff drink,etc. But don't go batshit and diss agents on your blog,etc.

QFT. Rockwell wasn't paranoid, he was right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY). At least, where posting your business on the internet is concerned. :D

Kitty27
07-18-2010, 12:59 AM
QFT. Rockwell wasn't paranoid, he was right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY). At least, where posting your business on the internet is concerned. :D

LOL,Cranky!

That is so true.

Libbie
07-18-2010, 01:36 AM
The point is that, people get curious when they hear a story and want to know more. I wouldn't be surprised if the author who made the blog actually sells her books or gets a contract in the near future. People will want to know what all the fuss is about. Curiosity is a common human trait, if you know how to exploit it, you can do anything.

She won't sell that book because it sucks.

I can tell this without having read it because I have read the blurb she wrote for the back of her PA book. You can't tell whether Carly or Holly is the main character. Shoddy writing in just two paragraphs...undoubtedly the rest of the book is ten times worse.

You can't sell writing that is fundamentally flawed.

Sage
07-18-2010, 04:06 AM
It isn't that easy, and you don't throw out a multi-million dollar writer because another writer might be able to do the same. "Better" than Dan Brown means selling better, and such writers are very, very rare. And even if you found one, you still wouldn't drop Dan Brown.

Money talks much louder than anything else, and makes the worst prima donna sound like they have laryngitis.
The prima donnas that are selling can complain to their hearts' contents and I'm sure the publishers cringe, yet put up with it, but I believe the original point was that an unpublished author who's trying to get a publisher's or agent's attention is ruining their chances because what publisher wants to put up with that shit for someone who hasn't proven themselves profitable?

Stacia Kane
07-18-2010, 04:26 AM
She won't sell that book because it sucks.

I can tell this without having read it because I have read the blurb she wrote for the back of her PA book. You can't tell whether Carly or Holly is the main character. Shoddy writing in just two paragraphs...undoubtedly the rest of the book is ten times worse.

You can't sell writing that is fundamentally flawed.

I did read long excerpts of her work when it was up on Authonomy and yeah, it was pretty bad.

What's frustrating is that because of the nature of Authonomy and other sites like that, everyone leaves these "OMGFantastic!!!11ELEVENTY!!" comments, because they want those same comments left for them. So people like the RQ, who don't understand that people generally aren't even reading her excerpts but are simply replying and complimenting her so she'll return the favor, and thinks her work is actually great because, obviously, if all these people are telling her it is, it must be, right? She mentioned that in her rant, I believe; that she knows her work is good because she gets so many positive comments on Authonomy.

I can almost understand the disillusionment in that case, but then, anyone who knows anything would understand what the people on Authonomy are generally doing, and take their comments with a huge grain of salt.

Cyia
07-18-2010, 04:30 AM
I can almost understand the disillusionment in that case, but then, anyone who knows anything would understand what the people on Authonomy are generally doing, and take their comments with a huge grain of salt.

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I get tempted to post 3000 words of drivel on Authonomy, just to see what happens.

I wonder how Atlanta Nights would have done there.

ILSinTexas
07-18-2010, 04:59 AM
Atlanta Nights was a crack up! I bought the book just because I wanted to own it. I managed to make it through the first two chapters. Funny stuff. I think they even changed the sex of the main character half-the-way through the book.

kaitie
07-18-2010, 08:01 AM
I did read long excerpts of her work when it was up on Authonomy and yeah, it was pretty bad.

What's frustrating is that because of the nature of Authonomy and other sites like that, everyone leaves these "OMGFantastic!!!11ELEVENTY!!" comments, because they want those same comments left for them. So people like the RQ, who don't understand that people generally aren't even reading her excerpts but are simply replying and complimenting her so she'll return the favor, and thinks her work is actually great because, obviously, if all these people are telling her it is, it must be, right? She mentioned that in her rant, I believe; that she knows her work is good because she gets so many positive comments on Authonomy.

See, here's how I look at this. I can understand the disillusionment of thinking you're good because people say so and not getting that it's just a rigged game. The problem comes when you don't look at the negative comments and say, "Maybe there's something wrong," but instead think, "Clearly all you people who didn't like it don't know what you're talking about and I refuse to listen to you because you're all stupid and trying to screw me over." Which clearly is what's going on here.

I got good comments, too. The four people who read my last book beginning to end were much more convinced I'd find an agent with it than I was. I was constantly hearing that it was great, that the story was fun and original, and that the writing was better than a lot of what was out there and certainly I would find someone who would get that.

I sent it off to agents and got very few requests and those I did get turned me down. Obviously it wasn't that good after all. Or there was some inherent flaw in it I didn't notice (I still am not sure on what it is lol). In any case, when I got rejections, I assumed that I was getting them for a reason, most likely because my beginning is the weakest part and no one wanted to look past that. Clearly it wasn't up to snuff.

I accept this, I work on the next story hoping it's better, and if I find an agent with that one, then hopefully I will at least have someone who can explain what that inherent flaw is so that I can fix it. I have never once (and I think most of us here are the same) thought "Clearly you didn't like it because you're stupid." I recognized that the problem is mine, that it's related to something about the story or the writing, and that I'll have to fix that if I ever want to get anywhere.

That's what a writer does. This isn't about her getting positives and thinking she's great. It's about being unwilling to accept that any problems MIGHT just be because of her writing and attempting to fix it. And unfortunately, those are the people least likely to ever improve because the number one way to improve is to learn from our mistakes. You can't learn from them if you don't recognize them.

Also, didn't someone put Atlanta Nights up not long ago? I could have sworn they did and Jim had to go hunt them down.

Eddyz Aquila
07-19-2010, 12:06 AM

Money is money, but until when are you going to put up with the crap some prima-donnars spew out of their mouths?

I wish more people would get this particular bit straight.

Dan Brown, or any other mega-seller, by virtue of being who they are IS NOT stealing all the other authors' potential readers.

Writing is one time you really can't make a lot of even comparisons because every book is so different, and you don't know what makes someone choose Book A over Book B.

Maybe 2 readers like books about aliens, but one wants a hard core sci-fi while one wants comedy. If the sci-fi guy snags the first author's attention, that doesn't mean that he stole that reader from the comedy writer.

No, they are not stealing the audience from other writers. I was pointing out the fact that some might act like they are super famous and the editors have to put up with their sh*t when there are many others who are more then eager to please the editors and perhaps have higher quality work.

And no, I am not dissing Dan Brown. I do like him as an author. :)

spamwarrior
07-19-2010, 02:38 AM
It's gotta be some really bad crap, that's for certain.

Cyia
07-19-2010, 02:56 AM
No, they are not stealing the audience from other writers. I was pointing out the fact that some might act like they are super famous and the editors have to put up with their sh*t when there are many others who are more then eager to please the editors and perhaps have higher quality work.

And no, I am not dissing Dan Brown. I do like him as an author. :)

I wasn't pointing it out in reference to anything you said, just in general. :)

Not liking an author because you don't like their style is one thing, but I see/hear far too many comments from people that boil down to -

NO ONE WILL EVER BE SUCCESSFUL AGAIN BECAUSE J.K MEYER-BROWN HAS STOLEN ALL THE READERS!!!! WAH!!! IT'S THEIR FAULT NO ONE WILL BUY MY BOOK!!!!!

Eddyz Aquila
07-19-2010, 04:12 AM
I wasn't pointing it out in reference to anything you said, just in general. :)

:)

NO ONE WILL EVER BE SUCCESSFUL AGAIN BECAUSE J.K MEYER-BROWN HAS STOLEN ALL THE READERS!!!! WAH!!! IT'S THEIR FAULT NO ONE WILL BUY MY BOOK!!!!!

Made me chuckle :D

It's gotta be some really bad crap, that's for certain.

Let's put it this way. Because of this thread she's got more publicity (negative, but hey, publicity is publicity!) than her blog + books + facebook combined times 10. ;)

Paul
07-19-2010, 04:18 AM
my thoughts 'xactly.

shaldna
07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Let's put it this way. Because of this thread she's got more publicity (negative, but hey, publicity is publicity!) than her blog + books + facebook combined times 10. ;)

Maybe, but lets be honest, how many people here are going to buy her book?

bkwriter
07-20-2010, 11:22 PM
I didn't read the whole thing, the only thing I read was she was moaning about waiting a week and a half for a responds. Come on, I had to wait six months to get nothing.
In this business as in anything else, you have to want it bad.

bkwriter
07-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Okay third attempt at this. You have to want this writing thing bad enough. I couldn't believe she thought the response should come sooner then a week and a half.

Jamesaritchie
07-21-2010, 12:38 AM
:)

Made me chuckle :D

As shaldna asked, are you going to buy her book? Despite what they say, publicity is not always a good thing. Look what happened to Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson when they received the wrong kind of publicity. Talk about movies tanking.

Jamesaritchie
07-21-2010, 12:41 AM
The prima donnas that are selling can complain to their hearts' contents and I'm sure the publishers cringe, yet put up with it, but I believe the original point was that an unpublished author who's trying to get a publisher's or agent's attention is ruining their chances because what publisher wants to put up with that shit for someone who hasn't proven themselves profitable?

It is tougher on a new writer, but money erases memory in a hurry. Turn in a book that makes an agent or an editor see dollar signs, and all is usually forgiven. Though I agree with those who say this woman not only can't write, her door is hanging on one hinge, and that hinge has at least two loose screws.

spamwarrior
07-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh God. Anyone see her latest blog post? Kind of off topic the whole writing thing, but...

She is just getting really offensive. It's been said before, but I doubt any agent would want to deal with such a tactless, thoughtless person -- as such a person she has proved herself to be.

LOG
07-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Better to say she's simply very outspoken on sensitive topics on which she may not be privy to all the information (but then who is?) while making no effort to treat the subjects delicately.

Bit more wordy.

shaldna
07-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Better to say she's simply very outspoken on sensitive topics on which she may not be privy to all the information (but then who is?) while making no effort to treat the subjects delicately.

Bit more wordy.

Or, 'ignorant' works for me.

Why use a paragraph when one word will do?

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
"Two cans short of a six-pack," is amusing, too.

aruna
07-21-2010, 01:32 PM

Anne Robinson has a couple of similar expressions up her sleeves.
You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Did you just wink at me?

aruna
07-21-2010, 02:09 PM
yes

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
;)

shaldna
07-21-2010, 03:22 PM
hey! hey! HEY!

No flirting on the boards unless I'm involved.

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
hey! hey! HEY!

No flirting on the boards unless I'm involved.How you doin'? :e2brows:

Susan Littlefield
07-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I can't believe there are 817 posts regarding this woman....oops, now there's 818.

Marian Perera
07-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Maybe she'll rant about us some day. That would be fun to read. :)

Phaeal
07-21-2010, 09:07 PM

Oh pleeeease, pleeeeeeeeease, RQ! Direct your godly snarkitude upon us undeserving mortals!

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 09:08 PM
I thought she already had in one of her deleted blog posts?

We're those 'published' authors who mysteriously have time to post online, blog and Twitter, aren't we?

shaldna
07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
How you doin'? :e2brows:

get your coat. you've pulled.

Mr Flibble
07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
I thought she already had in one of her deleted blog posts?

We're those 'published' authors who mysteriously have time to post online, blog and Twitter, aren't we?

And we all write porn. Or something.

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Yep. We're all e-published porn-pedlars, whoring our books in our avatars and signatures.

*looks around*

Who's she talking about, then?

shaldna
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
And we all write porn. Or something.

I :heart: porn

Terie
07-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Yep. We're all e-published porn-pedlars, whoring our books in our avatars and signatures.

*looks around*

Neither you nor me, that's for sure. ;)

Jamesaritchie
07-21-2010, 10:41 PM

And won't we all feel silly if she does write a bestselling novel, gets rich and famous, and then blogs about us?

scarletpeaches
07-21-2010, 10:44 PM
And won't we all feel silly if she does write a bestselling novel, gets rich and famous, and then blogs about us?No.

CheekyWench
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM

*looks around*

All right. I'm here for the porn.

Jamesaritchie
07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
No.

Well, no, you won't.

scarletpeaches
07-22-2010, 12:07 AM
I would love it if she wrote a bestseller.

On that day I fully expect to see Lord Lucan riding Shergar down my local high street underneath a formation of flying pigs while Elvis serenades them from the balcony on the civic headquarters.

benbradley
07-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Perhaps more appropriate for the maturity level involved is "A few fries short of a Happy Meal."

Eddyz Aquila
07-22-2010, 01:32 AM
And won't we all feel silly if she does write a bestselling novel, gets rich and famous, and then blogs about us?

I wouldn't. I mean, it's our opinion, this is free speech. Everyone to his own.

aadams73
07-22-2010, 01:41 AM

Not for a second. If that happens, good for her. There are far bigger assholes, morons and crybabies in publishing than this nutpie--they're just a little quieter about it.

I save feeling silly for when I've actually done something silly.

shaldna
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM

Ha. No.

flyingtart
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Ha Ha Ha!

Can someone explain to me how you all bitching about her is any better than her bitching about agents?

Terie
07-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Ha Ha Ha!

Can someone explain to me how you all bitching about her is any better than her bitching about agents?

Last time you tried this (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5150524&postcount=765), you were so successful at making your point.

shaldna
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Ha Ha Ha!

Well, I'm not sending her a query.

scarletpeaches
07-22-2010, 07:20 PM
If she didn't keep handing us the bullets, we wouldn't be able to shoot her.

BenPanced
07-22-2010, 07:23 PM
It'd still only prove she has a sh!tty attitude, so I won't be losing any sleep tonight worrying about it.

Eddyz Aquila
07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
She somehow deserves the attention. I mean, with such a negative attitude, who wouldn't notice her? It's a rare time someone displays such wonderful character ;)

shaldna
07-23-2010, 12:52 PM
She somehow deserves the attention. I mean, with such a negative attitude, who wouldn't notice her? It's a rare time someone displays such wonderful character ;)

Lol.

Geek_Pride
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
oh wow.

and she has given up :/

shaldna
07-23-2010, 03:21 PM
oh wow.

and she has given up :/

for now.

give it a week

Eddyz Aquila
07-23-2010, 03:22 PM
for now.

give it a week

Too much to bear. I want my daily dose of fun.

Phaeal
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Ha Ha Ha!

It's part of AW's Public Service initiative. If we don't pay attention to her, someone else will have to.

shaldna
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
It's part of AW's Public Service initiative. If we don't pay attention to her, someone else will have to.

And it makes us feel better about our own crazy.

mario_c
07-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Wow, you guys have been chatting about this curmudgeonly blogger for three months now! Frankly she's not as crazy as the everyonewhosanyone.com guy, but she's amusing in a teenage angst sort of way. (What? You mean she's in her 20s or 30s and she...oh my...)

shaldna
07-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but if we don't talk about her then we'd have to talk about the weather.

smcc360
07-26-2010, 07:34 PM
She's a famous British model. AKA Jordan. Google for more. Much more. Too much more.

Aha. I thought smack was being talked about AW's own Katie Paige, and was prepared to become highly offended on her behalf.

I'm not needed here. Back to the shadows!

CalynMorgan
07-26-2010, 09:52 PM
No wonder she is quitting.

Five years ago, I had a plan. A plan in regards to my writing career, that is. Around this time, everyone kept mentioning a book called, The Secret, and how positive thinking is supposed to perform miracles. So, I gave it a shot. I wrote a short list.

1. Get first book published before high school reunion by June 2010. (Well, I was close)

2. Get second novel finished (check)

3. Get literary agent before June 2010 (FAIL)

4. Move out and live on my own (FAIL…sort of.)

5. Make enough money from my first book to quit my job (FAIL)

I’ve kept this list in my wallet until I took it out today and threw it in the trash.With a goal like that written down on a list, she set herself up for failure.

shaldna
07-26-2010, 11:28 PM

With a goal like that written down on a list, she set herself up for failure.

the sad truth of it is that most writers will never make enough from writing to give up a day job

Eddyz Aquila
07-27-2010, 02:20 AM
the sad truth of it is that most writers will never make enough from writing to give up a day job

1% make it to that point.
Here's my take on this - the editor makes or breaks you, obviously depending on the fact is you get an agent and your book makes it to the pub board.

Why is that? Marketing makes a book. "Don't judge a book by it's cover" - that's right, don't judge it, but sales are bound to go higher if the cover looks very pretty. Promote the book extensively to the point where there's adverts in a huge number of bookshop, and people will at least look at it.

Twilight is a very good example. Out there there have to be a couple of books dealing with the same message of love and abstinence, but what made Twilight special is the marketing. The book is nothing spectacular from a writing point of view, but the publisher knew exactly that this would bring in lots of cash if he promoted it extensively.

Every book has that appeal. It's up to the editor/pub board to change your life.

Christine N.
07-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Marketing didn't really make Twilight, just like it didn't make Harry Potter. It was word of mouth - someone loved it who knew someone else who loved it, who knew someone else.

That someone blogged about it.

Marketing didn't HURT, but it didn't skyrocket either series to superstardom. Whatever 'it' is, it's a formula that still eludes publishers - they still put money behind things they THINK will be huge that tank, and some books that get tiny little marketing budgets shoot to the top of the NYT Bestseller list.

Nya RAyne
07-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Wow, I'm sure glad she put herself out of her misery.

Christine N.
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Just so you know, she's back...http://rejectionqueen.blogspot.com

scarletpeaches
08-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Well that didn't take long.

*clicks*

Amadan
08-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm waiting for the rejection letter she gets that says, "Here's another one to post on your blog..."

Susan Littlefield
08-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Five years ago, I had a plan. A plan in regards to my writing career, that is. Around this time, everyone kept mentioning a book called, The Secret, and how positive thinking is supposed to perform miracles. So, I gave it a shot. I wrote a short list.

1. Get first book published before high school reunion by June 2010. (Well, I was close)

2. Get second novel finished (check)

3. Get literary agent before June 2010 (FAIL)

4. Move out and live on my own (FAILÖsort of.)

5. Make enough money from my first book to quit my job (FAIL)

Iíve kept this list in my wallet until I took it out today and threw it in the trash.

With a goal like that written down on a list, she set herself up for failure.

Carlyn,

You have made a valid point. I once heard that expectations are premeditated resentments. In this case, they were unrealistic expectations she made for herself. No wonder she is so resentful at the publishing world for rejecting her.

Even with her blog, she has set herself up for failure. People do not take her seriously.

Miss Plum
08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh. This is a little interesting:

So has anyone heard of, Bliss Literary Agency? I got a request for a partial from after I queried them like 4 months ago. Also I got a request for a partial from the Sara Camili Agency? Anyone know anything about this agency? I got that request while I was on vacation so I’m thinking of sending out the partial tomorrow if all is clear. It’s funny how when you don’t really care about something--- everyone is suddenly interested…..never fails.

Gee, why doesn't she sign up at AW, or at least drop by?

Amadan
08-01-2010, 09:23 PM

That thread would be epic.

Phaeal
08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh. This is a little interesting:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking: Why did you query agencies that you hadn't already researched thoroughly?

As for everyone being suddenly interested, um. You just went out of your way to prove that Brandi Bowles, Adriann Lanta and Kevan Lyon weren't.

stormie
08-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Her blog is...depressing. She must be a really fun person to be around. :partyguy:

And those rejections she posted on July 30--all form rejections. Nothing new there.

Susan Littlefield
08-01-2010, 11:00 PM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking: Why did you query agencies that you hadn't already researched thoroughly?

As for everyone being suddenly interested, um. You just went out of your way to prove that Brandi Bowles, Adriann Lanta and Kevan Lyon weren't.

When you are setting yourself up for failure, and your default seems to be negative, then you will blindly do things. A good dose of Absolute Write Information is enough to make someone think twice about what they are doing. The people here are incredible, and there's a wealth of information in these forums.

You realize- someone should invite her over here. This thread would have to be destroyed...as if it never existed...:evil:tongue

I agree that we should always, always, ALWAYS research agents and publications before submitting.

eqb
08-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh, she knows about this thread. She mentioned it at least once. (Though she might have deleted that comment, as she did so many others.)

Susan Littlefield
08-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh, she knows about this thread. She mentioned it at least once. (Though she might have deleted that comment, as she did so many others.)

Noooo!

scarletpeaches
08-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah, she bitched about us on her blog but I think that post mysteriously disappeared.

shaldna
08-02-2010, 03:22 AM
HAHA - told you. I said give it a week, and one week it was.

*whoop - smug dance*

ona more serious note, she has metioned several times that she looks stuff up on AW, so I am just shocked, SHOCKED, that she hasn't come across this yet.

Mr Flibble
08-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Oh she has, she mentioned us porn writers who have our covers in sigs rather disparagingly...

I would like to note that only one of my book has any graphic sex in. If four kisses in a novel counts as porn though, well, I write porn. *rolls eyes*

scarletpeaches
08-02-2010, 03:36 AM
I wonder if she objects to dead snooker player avatars?

shaldna
08-02-2010, 03:46 AM
come on, say it - Claire was right. Go on.

scarletpeaches
08-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Is that you? Heh. Never knew your real name.

You were right.

Phaeal
08-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Claire was right! Claire was right! Wooohoooo!

shaldna
08-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Is that you? Heh. Never knew your real name.

You were right.

Claire was right! Claire was right! Wooohoooo!

I so never get tired of hearing that.

Darzian
08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Hahah, a thread about a single person made it to 800 posts! I can't wait for it to hit 1K. :D

Writing is in my blood. I canít deny nor can I stop it. I go through these withdrawals and itís like trying to get over a drug addiction. Thatís the best way to describe it. Writing is like crack for me.

I'm starting to wonder whether it's just a ploy for internet fame...

M.R.J. Le Blanc
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe not, I can understand that feeling. I tried to 'quit' writing but I always came back to it. Her problem is her attitude. If she constantly worked at it, she probably could get published eventually. But so long as she stands in her own way she's never going to get there. And trying to put down people who work in the industry you're trying to break into isn't exactly a good career move either.

Eddyz Aquila
08-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Sooner or later this is bound to become an Internet meme. :D

spamwarrior
08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey, has anyone noticed that she has just posted up some more rejections?

And she's asking about Bliss literary agency, and someone commented and told her about them, and she commented back saying that everything AW has said about the agencies, good or bad, has been dead on.

stormie
08-04-2010, 10:31 PM
And she's asking about Bliss literary agency, and someone commented and told her about them, and she commented back saying that everything AW has said about the agencies, good or bad, has been dead on.

:Clap:

Eddyz Aquila
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM

I am willing to pray to the AW Gods so someone can make this a forum announcement.

Even Rejection Queen got it, which means SOMETHING!

Christine N.
08-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it was me. I just couldn't let her do it, knowing what I know from the thread on them here. I would feel all squicky if I let her send the partial to them.

spamwarrior
08-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah, it was me. I just couldn't let her do it, knowing what I know from the thread on them here. I would feel all squicky if I let her send the partial to them.

Good for you!

Soccer Mom
08-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Well, people do listen. We get so disheartened from the ones who just refuse to change course, it's easy to forget most people will steer clear of the rocks once you point them out.

thinkerbeat
08-05-2010, 06:59 AM
I thought her blog was pretty funny. Obviously, she's pissed and I wouldn't take anything she says too seriously. But there are those odd cases when someone now famous tells the story of what is was like before, like when Bon Jovi was just selling shoes at a shoe store and his boss told him he'd never be a famous musician. Does he love to rub that in now or what!! I would, too.

Querying an agent is like asking a girl (or a guy) out for a date. Sure, you're in the asking position, but you can have some expectations of your own. When it comes time to sign a contract, don't just agree to everything they tell you. As my university teacher once told me, there is no such thing as a 'standard' contract.

I'd say, wait and rag on all those agents that turned you down AFTER you get successful! Hahaha...this is so much fun.

Sheila Muirenn
08-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Hahah, a thread about a single person made it to 800 posts! I can't wait for it to hit 1K. :D

I'm starting to wonder whether it's just a ploy for internet fame...

Serious publicity. Enough said.

shaldna
08-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I thought her blog was pretty funny. Obviously, she's pissed and I wouldn't take anything she says too seriously. But there are those odd cases when someone now famous tells the story of what is was like before, like when Bon Jovi was just selling shoes at a shoe store and his boss told him he'd never be a famous musician. Does he love to rub that in now or what!! I would, too.

Querying an agent is like asking a girl (or a guy) out for a date. Sure, you're in the asking position, but you can have some expectations of your own. When it comes time to sign a contract, don't just agree to everything they tell you. As my university teacher once told me, there is no such thing as a 'standard' contract.

I'd say, wait and rag on all those agents that turned you down AFTER you get successful! Hahaha...this is so much fun.

that might be true, but this isn't an old boss in an unrelated industry that she is naming here. These are key players in an industry that she is trying to break into.

Bubastes
08-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Serious publicity. Enough said.

Publicity is kind of useless if you have nothing to sell.

Ketzel
08-14-2010, 07:56 PM
How old school of you, Bubastes! :-) She's selling herself, in the modern sense of the term. Sooner or later, someone will get the idea of making a reality show out of her life and then the sky's the limit.

shaldna
08-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Hmm. I see now that she's been getting stuck into the 'bimbo' who auditioned her for the food network.

I hope she's just playing on her irritation for amusement, because it would be really sad to think that someone was so cynical, blinkered and judgemental.

icerose
08-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I really should stop clicking. It reads like one big wallow party.

shaldna
08-16-2010, 12:23 AM
But so addictive.

spamwarrior
08-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Oh yes. What will she come up with next?

I’ve been working diligently on my manuscript, but not for the purpose of trying to please an agent. This is all for my doing. As I said before, I’m taking a long needed break and then I plan to go at it again in January. If something should arise between now and then, that’s fine. I’m just not wasting anymore energy for the rest of the year.

Yesterday, I tried out for “The Next Food Network Star.” I figured I would give it shot. Right now I’m at the point where I will do anything to try to spice up my mundane life. I’ve tried acting, singing, writing and now cooking?

Hmm... and then she goes on to bash the interviewer.

It's her attitude. Damn straight.

M.R.J. Le Blanc
08-16-2010, 07:33 AM
When you go in expecting a negative result, a negative result is what you'll get.

shaldna
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
When you go in expecting a negative result, a negative result is what you'll get.

especially if you go an bitch about those people online

nighttimer
08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Not for a second. If that happens, good for her. There are far bigger assholes, morons and crybabies in publishing than this nutpie--they're just a little quieter about it.

But do they have threads dedicated to them with almost 900 posts and 40,000 views?

The lady has raised self-absorbed clueslessness to a pervese art form. Kind of like bukkake porn. :eek:

At first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then at some point maybe you need to ask yourself, "Do they suck or do I suck?"

Asked in May. Answered in August. :rolleyes

Goal1
08-30-2010, 01:32 AM
She's got a new blog! A DATING blog. In it, she advises that women confiscate their dates' cell phones. Really.

http://edlund101.blogspot.com/

And no, the picture she posts-- tricky! tricky!-- is NOT her. But if you want to get a better look at her, here a video with her pooch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8cY1M7-QI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8cY1M7-QI)

HelloKiddo
08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
And no, the picture she posts-- tricky! tricky!-- is NOT her. But if you want to get a better look at her, here a video with her pooch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8cY1M7-QI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8cY1M7-QI)

*Vomits*

Why people let their dogs French them kiss them like that...YUCK!

Monkey
08-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Relationship advice from someone who says:

You see, I date a lot, but usually the guys I date end up being “one-timers.” This is the reason why I’ve been single for quite sometime. Lately, I’ve been getting bad vibes from the guys I go out with after the first date and I never want to see the guy again. It’s been for the best actually. I don’t need a man to be happy like most women do.

Hmm...so...
* she's single
* her relationships seldom last longer than one date
* she chooses men who give her "bad vibes"
* she has a low opinion of "most women"

Why in the HELL does she feel qualified to run a blog on this? And who's stupid enough to follow it?

And ending every post with "Class dismissed"? My eyes rolled so hard I'm now stuck staring at my brain. Please forgive any typos this engenders.

Christine N.
08-30-2010, 04:51 AM
I particularly like it when she says women shouldn't 'black male' their man.

I was really, REALLY confused for a minute.

veinglory
08-30-2010, 04:52 AM
There should be a warning on a video where a dog is constantly licking someone's mouth. EEEEEEEWWWWWW.

IceCreamEmpress
08-30-2010, 07:11 AM
That dating blog is as hateful and superficial as her writing blog. No wonder she's not having the success she'd like with either endeavor--if she could stop judging others and feeling superior for a moment and look at how she's coming across, she would be much more appealing both to prospective agents and prospective dates.

I can't imagine marinating in that much bile all the time, and I'm an awfully cranky person myself.

Bookewyrme
08-30-2010, 07:55 AM
That dating blog is as hateful and superficial as her writing blog.
I thought the "5 Types of women who get dumped" one was particularly offensive. The persistent abuse of "whom" also makes me :Headbang: but that's just my inner editor twitching in the corner. Pay it no mind.

Cyia
08-30-2010, 08:01 AM
It's late, and I'm probably overly grumpy, but:

Does anyone find it strange that the person who posted that link seems to have created their account for that purpose alone? No hello post, no profile information. Just a flyby comment in really big print to funnel traffic to a blog.

I smell rancid spam.

AlexPiper
08-30-2010, 08:02 AM
The persistent abuse of "whom" also makes me :Headbang: but that's just my inner editor twitching in the corner. Pay it no mind.

lol how do u cop with teh internet?!1! lol

*ducks and runs*

More seriously, you're right that someone who is ostensibly a writer should probably hold herself to a slightly higher standard. (Plus, the he/him rule makes who/whom fairly easy to keep straight!) :)

mccardey
08-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Not for nothing, but Goal1 - did you really join AW just to promote the rejection girl's new blog? Because it looks as though that was your one and only post here - which I have to say is a bit of a waste of a really good writing resource.... You know, unless you're the girl herself and you really like the attention.

(And if you are, and you do - you've done really well, because this page is remarkably popular! ;) )

Bookewyrme
08-30-2010, 08:08 AM
It's late, and I'm probably overly grumpy, but:

Does anyone find it strange that the person who posted that link seems to have created their account for that purpose alone? No hello post, no profile information. Just a flyby comment in really big print to funnel traffic to a blog.

I smell rancid spam.
I did find it strange, but curiousity made me follow the links anyway. :o

lol how do u cop with teh internet?!1! lol

*Points to inner editor rocking in the corner muttering and sobbing quietly*

:D

Soccer Mom
08-30-2010, 08:15 AM
I took an inside look at Goal1's info and she appears to be on an opposite coast from The queen. No apparent ties that I could dig up. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps this was a lurker overcome by the need to share.

mccardey
08-30-2010, 08:20 AM
I took an inside look at Goal1's info and she appears to be on an opposite coast from The queen. No apparent ties that I could dig up. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps this was a lurker overcome by the need to share.

Aww... that's kind of disappointing. I'd feel much happier about this whole thread if I thought the rejection girl found it amusing rather than hurtful... I have a theory about her - that she likes a good tease and having started this one she's making it play out as much as she can.

Soccer Mom
08-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Oh, I have no doubt that she reads this thread. She's made reference to it in the past. She should have gotten a huge publicity boost over this, but she lacks the skills to leverage it. What a waste of a good wankdom.

mccardey
08-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Oh, right. I don't follow her (or this thread) but I always had a sneaking regard for the little girl in the playground who wouldn't back down even when everyone was ranged against her... I enjoy a spot of stubbornness ;)

Goal1
08-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Not for nothing, but Goal1 - did you really join AW just to promote the rejection girl's new blog?

Sorry to disappoint: I'm NOT her. But I've lurked here for a while, ever since her original flameout went viral. When I stumbled upon the blog and then her doggy videos, I just thought it was too juicy not to post here. Really, everything she does is so appalling.

Calla Lily
08-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I clicked through to French-kissing French poodle video. Then I threw up.

Marian Perera
08-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Thank you, callalily. I might have clicked on it myself if I hadn't read your post. You took one for the team.

Eddyz Aquila
08-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh well, what's done is done and that's it. :)

I wish her the best of luck in all of her endeavours, even if the comments ruined her literary career.

colealpaugh
08-31-2010, 07:46 AM
There should be a warning on a video where a dog is constantly licking someone's mouth. EEEEEEEWWWWWW.

Call me jaded, but there's no way it ends there.

Izz
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
That'll teach me for clicking on New Posts and wondering how i missed a 915 post thread. And then reading it from page 1.

Never again!

Well, let's be honest. Almost never again.

Okay, okay, probably quite often again.

Stop looking at me like that.

*bows head, sobs quietly* yeah, every time i see one i've missed. damn watercooler.

Hathor
08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
But Izz, inquiring minds want to know, did you read then read her blog from the beginning?

AZ_Dawn
08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Perhaps I'm a fine one to talk (seeing how I've never dated and don't want to, either), but I'd rather get my man advice from Learn from My Fail (http://learnfrommyfail.failblog.org/).

Here, have some dancing birdie brain bleach (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoXamnNXjDg).

Jersey Chick
08-31-2010, 11:12 PM
I just looked at the dating blog. One of her rules is the guy must be on his best behavior at ALL TIMES? He shouldn't ever be comfortable enough around you to swear?

Whoa... guess I've been married to the wrong man for almost 15 years...

But then, there was a bit in one of her rejection queen posts about never dating anyone with a personality flaw. Find me someone, anyone who doesn't have any flaw of any sort.

Someone with such unreal expectations will always be alone because no one will ever be good enough for her. And that's kinda sad.

Izz
08-31-2010, 11:53 PM
But Izz, inquiring minds want to know, did you read then read her blog from the beginning?Nope :D

I figured this was like a highlights show: i could see all the best bits here without having to watch the whole game.

shaldna
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM

I bet that dog licks it's own ass too. Made me feel extremely queasy.

Calla Lily
09-01-2010, 04:20 PM
*heads off to puke again now*

Chrixzy5
09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Ouch, she even bags out her friends and an entire gender. What a cow

CaoPaux
09-01-2010, 07:10 PM
*koff* If there's nothing left to respect about this writer, best to let her sink into obscurity.

Diana Hignutt
09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
One way to Kill your writing Career...

is being Diana Hignutt.

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

Marian Perera
09-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Ouch, she even bags out her friends and an entire gender.

Equal opportunity offender.

Miss Plum
09-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Perhaps I'm a fine one to talk (seeing how I've never dated and don't want to, either), but I'd rather get my man advice from Learn from My Fail (http://learnfrommyfail.failblog.org/).

omg, thanks for that link! hilarious.

brainstorm77
09-03-2010, 07:04 PM
She's got a new blog! A DATING blog. In it, she advises that women confiscate their dates' cell phones. Really.

http://edlund101.blogspot.com/

Ick!

quicklime
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
i have to admit she did not look the way I had pictured her in my mind, although the look did not surprise me as the sort of person to have such a "poor bleeding me" blog

AZ_Dawn
09-03-2010, 11:07 PM
omg, thanks for that link! hilarious.
You're welcome. :) Sadly, it doesn't have enough writer fails to learn from. Might breed a few plot bunnies, though.

Siddharta
09-04-2010, 07:00 PM
i have to admit she did not look the way I had pictured her in my mind, although the look did not surprise me as the sort of person to have such a "poor bleeding me" blog

Well, I look intelligent, but I'm actually close on retarded. Book, cover, judge and all that.

...and I bet that flea-ridden pooch can't write for shit neither...

Christine N.
09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
It's almost like she's trying to have a "Julie & Julia" blog that will get her a book and movie deal. And she's trying too hard, with all that ridiculousness. Her attitude is completely wrong. People want to read a blog where they can relate, commiserate, and celebrate together, not be barked at and talked down to.

Captcha
09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
The dog clip was interesting, though, the way she complained and complained about the licking without ever doing a damn thing to take control of the situation and solve the problem. Kinda consistent with her attitude to publishing, I'd say...

Eddyz Aquila
09-06-2010, 04:34 AM
EDIT: No need.

Izz
09-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Every time this lady gets mentioned a fairy dies. I hope you all realize that.

Old Hack
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Do you know what? This thread started out as a decent discussion about how someone was shooting themselves in the publishing foot with their rather silly blog: but now it's taken a whole other direction and I'm more than a little uncomfortable with it.

Yes, I agree that some of the dating advice given on the new blog isn't the best: but I feel that some of the comments here are downright rude in their turn, and have crossed the line into disrespect.

Try to up your game, everyone. We don't do sneering here.

Toothpaste
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Or maybe it's really time to lock this thread and let it sink. I have a funny feeling the owner of the blog is having a very good time with all the free publicity (as negative as it is), and I agree with Old Hack, this thread now has absolutely nothing to do with writing anymore.

brainstorm77
09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Or maybe it's really time to lock this thread and let it sink. I have a funny feeling the owner of the blog is having a very good time with all the free publicity (as negative as it is), and I agree with Old Hack, this thread now has absolutely nothing to do with writing anymore.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Eddyz Aquila
09-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I agree with the above posts. It's time to end the career of this thread.

Cyia
09-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Close the shades.

Cover the furniture.

Lock the door.

CaoPaux
09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
*sounds death knell*