Not open for further replies.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
But anyway, I think I sent out over 100 queries on Friday.

Seriously? That's mental. I'm all for lobbing a half to a baker's dozen at any given time, but if your query isn't right, do you really want to wipe out a hundred potential agents in one lunatic eruption?

Oi.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
:eek:

Man, that's a whole lotta crazy happening there.

Reaction score
Good God.

Querying is frustrating as hell. I have almost 150 rejections under my belt from agents. It's part of the game. Sooner or later, someone will bite. I'll keep writing better stuff, keep polishing my queries (and blackmailing scarletpeaches into writing them for me), and keep submitting.

But starting a blog like that? No, I think not. Putting a bullet through my left foot would be more conducive to furthering my career.
As long as you keep furnishing me with filth, I am more than willing.
Entertainment is one thing. Posting actual names and calling them out for being "shady", "a bitch", "liars", etc...that's just professional suicide.

I should totally be packing for my trip right now, but I can't stop reading this blog...
We both know someone who disses agents on her blog (or at least did in one of her previous blogs). The same person who was rejected at a job interview and very proudly blogged about running into this person and shouting "Wanker!" at them from a distance.

This is the same attitude, writ large. And...:eek:
I think someone should sic scarletpeaches on her...
Regarding the previous section of this post - we both know people like this don't listen.

You can't reason with unreason.
Seriously? That's mental. I'm all for lobbing a half to a baker's dozen at any given time, but if your query isn't right, do you really want to wipe out a hundred potential agents in one lunatic eruption?

Oi.
To be momentarily serious - yeah, I know;) - in the UK, agents generally look for snail mail. I'll send out two or three at a time, then later in the week another two or three. So batches of five for me, at around about £3 return each.

For email queries, I stick to epubs, so send one query per book, to one publisher at a time. Despite their 'six weeks or so' warnings, in the main I get a reply (usually a favourable one) within a few days.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I bet Nathan Bransford is breathing a sigh of relief that she misspelled his name, so no one will know he's stuck-up. ;) LOL, plus Janet Reid is a bitch, but Jen lists Reid's blog in her "follows" list.

She even puts down the agents who've requested her work. Will someone please call the waaahmbulance for her? She's obviously turned her OnStar off.

Seriously, though. Just another casualty of the Age of Entitlement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is so far beyond WTF I'm inclined to believe it's a monumental piss-take. It's gotta be, right?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Either a piss-take or she's one of those people who aren't happy unless she has a villain to blame for everything. You could give such people everything they want on a silver platter and they'd claim we kept the platinum platters for ourselves.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think the blogger might try to retreat behind the mantle of insincerity, but her entries have the wail of true frustrated entitlement about them.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Her comments on other sites reflect the same entitlement attitude, so I suspect she's real.

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
HOLY FREAKING CRAP. I can't believe my eyes.

Wow. Just, wow. I'm now leaving AW for a while to read all of this wacko's entries.

Reaction score
I would love to read her comments on other sites.

She reminds me of a few people I know, both online and in real life. I'd love to lock them in a room together and witness the fallout.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear. I am so hoping that this is a hoax.

Dammit - why can't I just point fingers and laugh? Why do I have to feel sorry for that silly girl and her writing career, ruined before it has even started? Bleeding frickin' heart that I am. Someone please slap some sense into me.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
But there are hundreds more! It seems unlikely she's restricting herself to agents who rep her genre.

Amazing.

Dolores, consider yourself slapped. ;) A little common sense could eliminated the whole train wreck.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear. I am so hoping that this is a hoax.

Dammit - why can't I just point fingers and laugh? Why do I have to feel sorry for that silly girl and her writing career, ruined before it has even started? Bleeding frickin' heart that I am. Someone please slap some sense into me.

If it helps, the commenters during her first months of blogging offered excellent advice - writers' sites, critique groups, query workshops, etc. She blew them off.

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
Guys,I think it's a total hoax. Not only that, but visiting the site crashed my internet-every time I try to open up a website, it leads me to antispyware protection.

I think this thread should be titled "how to crash kill your computer."

(I'm on desktop until hubs gets home, sigh.....)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Dear Rejection Queen,

Let me introduce you to my friend The Journal. This is where you bitch and moan about stuff that will only get you in trouble if you say it in public. Go ahead and write that your boss is an asshole, your mother in law is fat, your landlord is a good-for-nothing cheap bastard and you can't wait to get away from him--and of course include your tirade about how stupid and evil literary agents are and how they wouldn't know a masterpiece if it fell from the sky and bonked them on the head. Obviously, they're just too stupid to "get" you, the losers.

You write all that, then you lock it with your little dollar store lock and stash it away in your underwear drawer.

This will save you a lot of heartache in life.

Sincerely,
HelloKiddo
*standing ovation* well played. :)

Entertainment is one thing. Posting actual names and calling them out for being "shady", "a bitch", "liars", etc...that's just professional suicide.

I should totally be packing for my trip right now, but I can't stop reading this blog...
not only is it professional suicide, it's defamation of character and its in public view.

If she's got your attention I think she's got what she wanted. :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Guys,I think it's a total hoax. Not only that, but visiting the site crashed my internet-every time I try to open up a website, it leads me to antispyware protection.

Really? That's weird. I've looked at the site a few times and I'm not having any problems.

Eep! Anyone else?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

(I'm on desktop until hubs gets home, sigh.....)

I'm thinking the same thing. McAfee nailed a Trojan on my laptop this morning.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Really? That's weird. I've looked at the site a few times and I'm not having any problems.

Eep! Anyone else?

Yep, I got hit with one too, though nothing that redirects.

I don't think it's a hoax, though. It's been around too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.